It's Derby Time! Milan v. Inter pre/post match [R]

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Cassano, Apr 13, 2006.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I missed the derby. What is your take on the Argentines who played for Inter?

2. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    you cant really put to much of it in these games as an indictator of how they will play come WC, because many players hold out a bit and the system that the nation teams use fits there players a lot better than at club level

remember Rivaldo last time around had a bad injury on his ankle this time around of the year and was out for like a month and a half and came back into the WC and played his heart out same thing can be said about Ronaldo, just calm down as things change when WC comes around

3. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Javier Zanetti could always play for my team. I like every aspect of his game and he is a player who is not only useful in the defense, but also in the attack. Perhaps the only aspect of the game I would knock is the fact that he tends to hold onto the football a little to long when dribbling.

I think Burdisso is potentially disastrous. I've seen him play a number of times now and he would scare me in an international match. He is very beatable in defense.

Also, though he did not play today, I would also be a bit worried about Samuel. The guy is nowhere near his old Roma form. I think Real did well to get rid of him and Inter picked up a plyer who is clearly on the way down. I don't know why Mancini chose not to play him today; however, I would not be shocked if it was for poor form.

As for Cambiasso, I happen to like his play. He is an extremely underrated player who circles the field in every match he plays for Inter. He plays very aggresively, winning many balls and bags an occasional goal. He could always play on my team.

Veron, who did not play today (because of injury if I am correct) has been very lacklustre. I don't know why Mancini is so enamoured with him, but I don't see any great contribution to the team, especially at the staggering stipend he is paid. Yes, he is a worker, yes he'll eventually have a nice match, but I've always tought him to be overrated. Surely, Chelsea agree with me while Mancini does not.

As for Solari, he has not played much this season and only got on for a little in the second half this game. He had an excellent game a couple weeks ago, bagging a brace (if memory serves me correct). However, I can't really comment on a player that hasn't really played. However, perhaps we can take something out of the fact that he has struggled to break into the first squad both at Inter and Real.

Finally, Kily, who did not play today looks to be on his way out. The signing of Cesar and both Figo and Stankovic's ability to play on the left leave him without space on the team. Bad new for him.

The reason why I dod not initially comment on the Argentinians is because I truly believe that the heart of Argentina's squad and their most influential players do not play in Serie A, e.g., Riquelme, Messi, Crespo, etc. We'll see what Pekerman does with the Argentina-Inter players.

4. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I know what you are saying and that is exactly why I qualified my initial opinion with the idea that "if current form is any indicator."

However, especially with regard to the Brazilians, if I see Kaka and Adriano, players who have been lackluster all season for their clubs, step it up for Brazil, it will confirm the fact that these guys are mercenaries.

5. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Kaka hasn't been that luckluster for us, I think he has had a decent season.

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks for the perspective.

7. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I realized that I forgot Cruz, who did not play today. I think he could be effective for Argentina in the same role he plays for Inter, namely, coming off the bench and posing a big aerial threat. I highly doubt he'll make Pekerman's squad though.

8. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto
    i was gonna say kaka is pretty damn good ... id love to have an italian player that plays like him

9. soccer_stallion32

soccer_stallion32 New Member

Apr 3, 2004
    Good win guys bit of luck on the goal with Materazzi slipping and all but hey i would take it if it was the other way around

As for that Juve fan commenting on the Argentine's in Inter squad you got most stuff right but you were wrong on a few players.

Burdisso is a class act........when played in the right position he is a right footed centeral defender playing on the left flank it is like asking Nesta to play out there totally ridiculous. Pekerman knows that he is best in the middle and should get a call up to the national squad he is a pretty good no nonsense defendr and is not a bad defensive alternative at RB.

Samuel has not had the best of seasons but I still think he can work very effectvely with Ayala in the back for Argentina in a starting spot. Who else are they gonna put there Colliccini? Gimme a break Samuel is not on the way down at all and has given Inter a lot os solidity at the back. He can put the team in trouble though with fouling outside the box but I think that that would be alleviated with a more dedicated DM playing in front of him.

Veron is garbage, no way he should play another season for Inter let alone get called up for the national tea, enough said on him.

Cambiasso looks like a sure shot to go and I think he deserves it. Stick him in next to Masherano or someone and aint no body gonna get anywhere close to the Argentina defence from a centeral position.

Cruz is decent a very handy substitute to have as he is the type of player that when started could fade from the game but bringing him on as a sub in the last 15 mins could get you a goal from a corner or one of the FKs he would draw.

JZ is a sure fire RB and should be the captain of that team IMO, him or Ayala screw Sorin.

10. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There were stretches when Inter looked like the better team, but Kaladze's goal ended any thoughts that Inter may have had of taking this one. Inter sure fell asleep on that one. Seedorf's ball looked speculative and bad, but lo and behold, Kaladze was unmarked, along with Sheva and Gilardino.

11. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  12. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Ultras' banner was brilliant:

[​IMG]

A picture of Dante Alighieri and it says: From 1908, you guys [Inter] are the real comedy.

:D

13. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Got back from work to watch the game which I taped...glad I don't have to record over it...thanks you Inter:D .

What can you say about Kaladze....the man has gone through so much, and finally deserves undue attention that he so much deserves. Great goal, and great defense from our backline. 1-0 was the perfect score I was hoping for, in preparation for our huge game against Barca. Game ball to Maldini-Kaladze-Nesta-Cafu/Costacurta, but especially to Kaladze.

Having said that, it was NOT a perfect game for us from many players. Gila, although arguably better as a lone striker, has to learn to quit the theatrics and stick to fighting for every ball and not getting into Sheva's way on running off the ball. Its pretty clear that from now on, it should be Sheva-Pippo up front for our most crucial games.

Sheva himself looked knackered and I'm hoping he hasn't tired himself this time in the critical part of our season. It seemed that Inter did, though, man mark Cordoba on him all game, so I'll reason that was a significant factor in his ho hum game.

Dida looked somewhat dodgy on some plays, and I still contend that not having Abiatti there at the club fighting for the goalkeeping position for the past years has hurt his concentration and sharpness. Simply, competition made him better. Now as a sure #1, not as high to the level he was before. I still say he is critical for our team, as he still makes the remarkable saves that go unmentioned. But its the shots and crosses that he should cover that are a problem.

As far as I'm concerend, Kaka and Seedorf have been the best players in our midfield by far this season. Kaka kept getting hacked by Inter, and surprisingly, the referee Di Sanctis, remarkably called fouls on Kaka...even on Materazzi! Very inconsistent from the referee, but thankfully, not decisive. Back to point- Pirlo pulled out yet another sub par game, and I was not thankful enough that Ancelotti put Vogel in. And as concerns Gattuso, he may have a lot of heart and surely bleeds Milan, but have you ever seen a midfielder look so helpless when it comes to creating anything offensively??

Seedorf, though at times like Kaka, holds the ball just a little bit too long and loses it, which can be very frustrating to watch. Nevertheless, his game is perfectly all round and by far has been our most consistent midfielder. With the dip in form of Pirlo, I know that if it was the Dutchman with the bad patch, calls for his head would be all over this board. Lets put props where its deserved.:cool:

Ancelotti, fortunately, was smart to take out Sheva and Cafu to save them for the Champions League, as was Pippo, Serginho (who I really missed out there today as he seems to always tear apart the Nerazzuri), and as for Pirlo....he really must not only think of performing better for Milan, but I would add is not helping his starting position spot for the Azzurri. Lippi has to be worried about his form.

And as for Inter...well...I never seen a club put their heads down so fast after a team scores against them. Perhaps their "fans" undid them in the end, as the lift they could have gotten wasn't there. Mancini was taking a chance with a 5 man midfield, and for the first 20 minutes, he may have been proved right. However, I think Ancelotti urged Kaka and Sheva to go behing the ball more and that helped pick up our game. After that, we largely controlled the tempo of the game.

Christiano Zanetti, IMHO, played the best game for Inter I've ever seen, and Mancini should have taken Pizarro off before him. Martins really would have troubled our back line for pace, and I think Adriano wasn't that bad today. In fact, out of everyone at Inter, he showed the most desire to win any ball and attack goal head on.

Thankfully, Materazzi didn't injure anyone, which is all I was hoping for.:rolleyes:

No injuries, a win versus our comedic cross town rival, 4 points behind the Black (A-)Hole Evil Empire ....what a day!!! FORZA MILAN!!!!....now bring on Barca!

14. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I am thrilled that we won, but I am so pissed that we did not play well. Gila sucks, STOP DIVING AND WINING AND PLAY LIKE A MAN!!! Sheva played hard, had bad luck few times, Kaka needs to step up and play more agressively. We need to take more shots, like Stankovic does. Pirlo was dissapointing again, why is he so mellow and why doesn't he contribute more? Our defense looked solid, except when Maldini left Cambiaso with a free header. Nesta is playing well, but Dida keeps making stupid mistakes, either catch a ball, punch it out or stay in the goals, don't do all three at ones.
    Still a win is a win, no injuries and on to Barcelona.

FORZA MILAN!!!

15. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    [​IMG]

What it say here :rolleyes: ?..

16. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto

doesn't make much sense to me colpiti means like shoot and affondati is kinda like drownd/sink :confused:

17. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hmm...it means "Hit and Sunk". It is obviously a banner made by the Inter Ultras. I don't know if the yellow submarine symbolizes Villareal or it's just there to go with the caption...

18. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If you even consider the possibility of Kaka being a mercenary you don't know anything about him.
    Didn't he score 3 goals the other day?

Adriano doesn't get much service from Inter's midfield and that will not be the case at the NT.
    Cicinho is doing great for Real Madrid and he can sub Cafu just fine.
    Dida shouldn't even be on the roster, but Parreira is a stubborn idiot.

19. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Perhaps I was a bit too harsh with Kaka; however, regardless of what anyone says, he has not lived up to his form of previous seasons. When one sets such a high standard for himself, a dip in form will have many questioning his commitment.

As to Adriano, you are completely mistaken. He has had opportunities and squandered them on many occassions this season. The service has been there but his finishing has not. That is why people have been criticizing Mancini for preferring Adriano in the critical games when there are more in-form strikers that Inter had on the bench. In previous seasons, Adriano was the type who would create chances on his own . . . simply amazing. This year, he looks a shell of his former self. No excuses.

20. savicevic

savicevic New Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well, a lot of critics going on here today. Yes, we didn't play that great. Yes, Kaka has not been in the best of forms....etc...etc... But in the end, we are 5 points over Inter and 5 points behind Juve, with 4 games left. We have a lot of confidence and we are receiving Barca on Tuesday. That does it for me. If we could beat Barca again the same way we played Friday, than Allelujah!!!!!!! I would be very happy. The same applies if we go to Camp Nou and beat them the same way we played yesterday. It's the end of the season, legs are getting tired, and players or thinking about the WC. I'll take that performance anyday from all the players... ( Except Pirlo, he needs to step up just a little bit). So...If we win the CL playing like that, Allelujah and AMEN my fellows milanistas.

FORZA MILAN!!!!

And let's not even think about coming back to capture the serie A from Juve.

21. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    It's difficult to do that when Juve keep on slipping week after week and it is so hard not to think about that game against Chievo (could have been 3 points away, not 5):cool:

22. TXMilan

TXMilan Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe you are referring to the pathetic performance by the Milan "B side" against a Lecce side that has only won 6 games all year.

That should have been 3 points for Milan leaving us only 2 back. We conceded the Scudeto to Juve much too early.

23. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    That's correct, touche...

24. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto

the only reason he cant do as well as he did last season is because the defenders in the italian league didnt know about him... now that hes played a season they know how to mark him...

25. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC