It's Derby Time! Milan v. Inter pre/post match [R]

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Cassano, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, after the trashing of Chievo we have the Derby. Inter wants second place, we want second place, so we must defeat our neighbors. Sheva has a slight tendon problem, and Inzaghi has a fever, so Gila will be the lone striker upfront in the return of the Christmas Tree Formation. (4-5-1). We need to beat Inter. No excuses. Forza Milan!

[​IMG]

2. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    I'm hoping there's no violence. Inter fans have been getting progressively worse and worse. This venue could be where some things boil over, and poor Dida was the victim of that last time.

Hoping for a good match, and a victory would go a long way in holding 2nd place.

3. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    On the contrary there are reports that the Inter CURVA will not show up..

4. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    We can only hope.

5. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    All I know is that we can't lose. We play hard for 90 minutes and we go away as winners. I believe that Kaka and Gila can produce for us.

FORZA MILAN!!!

6. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    You know what...all I want is no injuries on our part. We have massive two games against Barca, and I want no one (especially our geriatric players...you know who they are) to get even a knick. Win or lose against the Catalans, I want to know what we can do when we're nearly at full strength. (I'm saddened that Deco is suspended and Messi won't recover in time, as they can use that as an excuse).:(

Let Inter come to us since they need the win, and we finish them on the counter. My preferred backline of Serginho-Kaladze-Nesta-Stam is not possible with the Dutchman being injured, so I think Maldini or Costacurta, and probably a combination of the two, can just...and only just...do the job.

Pirlo has to wake up now, though. :cool:

FORZA MILAN!!!

(and for a reminder to all in the States, the game is on GOL TV tomorrow Friday at noon EST, due to the rescheduling.)

7. savicevic

savicevic New Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    3 points to get away from Inter would the perfect recipy for Barca coming home. I hope we can beat them have a confidence booster for the CL semis.

FORZA MILAN!!!

8. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Also Live on RAI International at 12 noon.

9. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto
    well the derby is just abot to start and im gonna put that stuff on right nowww!!!!

10. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    I wish I could watch this.

:(

I don't trust those streaming programs anymore.

11. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    does anyone know if pplive will be showing this game and if so what channel?

12. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto
    if u live in canada tln has it on 35 cable

13. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto
    wow only 17 mins in and dida isn't doin so great

14. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Just a warning, I got 2 trojans when using PPLive. I'm about 99.9% sure it was from that program too, because I did a bootscan after I used it one time. Then I reformatted and reinstalled with just PPLive, and sure enough the same trojan.

15. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    0-0 at the half. Pretty boring so far. Milan has been dominating near the end, we just can't seem to finish off our plays. Mancini clogged up the midfield with a 4-5-1 formation, while we went with a 4-4-2 with Sheva and Gila upfront.

Our lineup:

Dida
    Cafu
    Nesta
    Kaladze
    Maldini
    Pirlo
    Gattuso
    Seedorf
    Kaka'
    Shevcenko
    Gilardino

16. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gila needs to stop flopping and diving and actually try to score a goal. It's getting frustrating watching him play.

17. kzoored

kzoored New Member

Feb 25, 2005
    kalamazoo, MI, US
    any live radiobroadcasts of this game? english :)

18. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    GOALLL 1-0 Milan

Kaladze

19. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto
    ya it seemed pretty easy too... inter defence was sleeping

20. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    how is dida playing?

21. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto
    like shit

22. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dida made a lot of errors. This was one of the most dullest derbies of recent years. Kaladze scored a golazzo though. Atleast we won...

23. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Its hard not to feel sorry for Inter, soo many wicked players but they all just plain suck as a unit.

I mean what was Mancini thinking having Adriano attack the Milan back-line by himself? Totally ludicrous if you ask me.

Anyways this is a good moral boost for the Tuesday meet, hopefully Pirlo can find some bloody form by that time cause at the moment he's ridiculously bad.

24. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I think we can take a lot of things out of the derby from a World Cup perspective.

First, if the form of the Brazilians who are playing in Italy is any indicator, Brazil should start to worry. As Adriano again demonstrated today, he is a shadow of his former self. Now, some might argue that it was Mancin's fault as he left him isolated the entire match; however, Adriano is not the same player as years' past. Also, Dida would scare the hell out of me in goal. He was lucky not to be penalized for two goals today with some terrible attempts to come out. Also, I hope Brazil do not seriously intend to start Cafu come this summer. Perhaps it is time to move on at that role. Finally, Kaka has been largely ineffective this season and that trend continued today. However, knowing Brazil, these players will transform come World Cup time when they put on their yellow shirts.

Second, we (Italy) also have to worry. Pirlo looks out of it this season and he was not too effective today. He is not even doing anything on set pieces anymore. Also, I do not want to see Gila starting for the NT. He missed a complete sitter in the first half today and was flopping around the rest of the game. I don't think it should come as any surprise that Pippo is being preferred to him. Also, Materazzi was disastrous, as always. He could have been sent off again for that ruthless shoulder tackle on Gila in the second half.

On the bright side, at least we have Gattuso who has been on outstanding form, once again playing his heart out yet again for his team. Also, Nesta was superb all game long. He had Adriano in his pocket all game long which should bode well if we play Brazil this summer. For one, the intimidation factor surely will not be there.

25. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    It's always good to stick it to Inter. That said, I'm more than happy that there are no injuries going into the Barca match. I think we should be able to hold on to second place.