Italy's UEFA Cup groups

Discussion in 'Italy' started by SueB, Oct 3, 2006.

1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Group A
    Auxerre
    Rangers
    Partizan Belgrade
    Livorno
    Maccabi Haifa

Group D
    Parma
    Lens
    Heerenveen
    Osasuna
    Odense

Group H
    Newcastle
    Celta Vigo
    Palermo
    Fenerbahce
    Eintracht Frankfurt

Palermo's draw looks to be the toughest at first glance, but 3 teams advance from each group, so let's hope they all make it through.

2. Kenntak

Kenntak New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Florida
    It would be great to see them all make it. Thank you for the information.

3. Tuscany

Tuscany New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    UAE
    Parma got the easiest group of all Italian teams , yet they are too weak to pass the group .
    Lens .. Oh my God, i still see how in the last minute they scored the 2-1 goal against Sampdoria last group stage match 2006 .
    Pisanu, Morfeo, and Gasbarroni will be the players on which Parma's European compaign depend.

Livorno .. if not mistaken this is their first European appearance ?
    i believe they're the must-Italian team to pass looking at their opponents.

Palermo .. the toughest group i've seen recently but it is all about Serie A . will they sacrifice Seria A to UEFA CUP compaign ?

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I just translated this article from the Gazzetta Dello Sport. It looks like Adriano is really in the dof house and Recoba is back. He may be gone from Inter soon.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squadre/Inter/Primo_Piano/2006/10_Ottobre/18/ultime.shtml

Inter: Recoba in , Adriano out
    For the match set for 20.45 against Spartak the mgr Mancini seems intended on bringing back the Uruguayan from the start in place of the Brazilian.

[​IMG]
    MILANO, 18 ottobre 2006 - Inter will play all their cards in the Champions League with the forward attack of Cruz-Recoba. This indication emrges from thre finishing touches of this morning. The official word comes before the match, but it already seems probable that against Spartak Mosca, in match that the nerazzurri wait for a only one outcome, the victory, from the first minute there will be no room for Adriano. Mancini, tired of the scoring drought of the Brazilian is counting on Recoba, who hasn't played for 6 months.
    With Crespo not in form & Ibrahimovic disqualified, the picks for Mancio up front are almost an obligation. For the rest, the nerazzurro coach will put Vieira in the middle, coming off his suspension, & will launch Maicon as a starter, w/ capitan Zanetti on the left side in place of the suspended Grosso. Spartak, will only play with one forward, Pavlyuchenko, the Argentine Cavenaghi, until now a disappointment, will start out on the bench. The starters are ex Regggina Jiranek & Mozart, but the lights are on and pointed to above all to excellent midfielder Titov, the star of the team.