Italy's Euro 2008 Qualifying Group [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Cassano, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    I'm still hoping to see Miccoli get a call up for the France qualifier though. As I've said before this guy is pure quality and shouldn't be overlooked anymore than he has be. He even has the skill level to fill in the #10 role. He will be especially dangerous if he is also paired up with Amauri on the Azzurri!

2. Massimo_Oddo

Massimo_Oddo New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    It is surprising that Don is starting with both Aquilani and Pirlo. IMO the midfield looks too lightweight.

He seems to like a 4 - 2 - 3 -1 formation which would see one of Gattuso, Pirlo or De Rossi dropped which would be stupid since those are probably 3 of the top 10 players in the world for their position.

3. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i think versus france he will play all three. it is simple, it adds a lot of stability and allows pirlo to get forward and focus more than usual on his creative abilities. i think versus france we will see the 4-3-2-1, like how milan plays, except de rossi for the ambrosini role. at least, that is what i hope for personally. it is not the most fun to watch, but it is balanced and gets our best personnel out on the pitch and in roles they can succeed at, which is important. that combined with some extra fitness over the next couple of weeks and the home crowd to feed off of should produce more energy. also, unlike against hungary, there is plenty of bulletin board material to play hard, and now the press will probably start feasting on donadoni, which should just be extra incentive. maybe this embarrassing loss will be a blessing in disguise

4. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Surprisingly enough I found Aquilani was one of the few bright spots in today's match. He assisted on Di Natale's goal and was constantly providing long range passes from the midfield to the forwards. I think he'll make a great addition to the squad down the road.

5. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I thought he did good also once he got the butterflies out of his system. He should be with the team for a very long time.

6. malicia

malicia New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    a cold dark place
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Ok you Cassano lovers. When he starts looking like this again (minus the fights), I will be on your side calling for his return to the Azzurri. Let's hope his new coach is up to the task.

[youtube]3--8s5PTC4M[/youtube]

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Mi piace tanto questo giocatore ma con quella faccia cosi scarangicata, mamma mia mi sembra uno spauracchio, che schifezza! :D

8. malicia

malicia New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    a cold dark place
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    admittedly my italian is a bit weak, but do you sometimes use words that aren't standard italian? probably just me :eek:

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Spauracchio is standard Italian........it kind of means to be afraid of or to be scared.

SPAURÀCCHIO 1 SPAVENTAPASSERI. 2 (FIG.) PERSONA O COSA CHE INCUTE PAURA.
    Lo spauracchio della “gobba pensionistica”, ovvero come si fabbrica un’opinione pubblica
    http://www.proteo.rdbcub.it/article.php3?id_article=68

Le donne sono lo spauracchio degli uomini

http://www.uomini3000.it/247.htm

Scarangicata is more of a diialect....it means scarred......

10. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I almost fell out of my chair when I saw your post. Falvo uses words sometimes that are not standard in ANY language. Strangely, I understand every word.:D

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    AAAHHHOOOOO GENNARO! MA CHE STAI A DDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII???????:D

m'hanno proprio rotto , questi cazzoni americani! :D

12. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    it was funny that everytime he scored against Juventus he would kick the corner flag. I don't think he was yellow carded for that either. And then it's funny to see the equipment managers rush like crazy to find a replacement corner flag.

13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wasn't that in this match?
    [​IMG]

14. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah and another game as well.

15. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    lol, as much as his attitude might stink, you gotta love the guy's passion and intensity when he's playing. You know he genuinly loves to play the game. It's just that unfortunately he sometimes allows that passion to get the better of him, resulting in undisciplined actions both on and off the field.

16. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    aquilani has been very impressive. too bad he is looking fantastic in the "pirlo" role, as gli azzurri are already covered there. he is a class young player.

17. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    Right now Miccoli is also playing fantastically for Palermo. Several times he was just centimeters from goal.

18. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yes, indeed, and donadoni is watching

19. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    And probably taking notes. He's right there in the stands.

20. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    To add, I like how Barzagli has been playing too.

He's been playing at a really high level today, which is good news for the Nazionale.

21. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  22. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Roma and Palermo players on Donadoni's Watch

PALERMO : Zaccardo , Barzagli, Miccoli , Amauri
    ROMA : Tonetto , De Rossi , Aquilani

*Perotta was suspended, and Curci warmed the bench

Game Highlights (Donadoni was in the stands)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzGL-GWVt8Q

23. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
  24. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    I agree. Both he and Miccoli were awesome for Palermo today. Amauri had flashes of brilliance but it's apparent he still isn't 100% yet. Miccoli was a constant threat in the second half though and showed that he is in great form.

25. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    How do you know he's on Donadoni's watch list, he wasn't at the game watching him. For all you know Amauri is higher up on the list than Rossi.

Quit overhyping this kid, let him play and mature ... he's not going to play for the NT yet.