Italy's Class of '88 (U-19s) [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by SueB, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    Re: Italy's Class of '88 (U-17s in Peru) [R]

I've never seen a more durtiest game and a worst referee in fifa like the one in USA vs Italy.

I'm not an Italian fan, but the referee, was calling every single foul that the Italians made and ignoring almost all of the USA. Even ignored a clear penalty, when a USA player touched the ball with his hand inside the penalty area. The USA tried to injure the goal keeper several times but he got back up. the Italian coach was send off for complaining along with another player who's reason for being send off i still can't figure out.
    I dont know if the Referee was just in the USA's side, or if one of the kids in the USA's team has a rich daddy, but either way, its a bit scary to play agianst them if that keeps happening.

2. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

Who won?

3. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

3 USA - Italia 1

4. naslund19

naslund19 New Member

Jun 5, 2005

3-1 Usa

5. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY

Im the son of an Italian immigrant who was born raised and grew up there and Im proud to be, but being born in the US they are 1st team by far and away. Saying that i was disgusted by the lack of professionalism by the Italians. The crying the diving and the end of the game.

Toboni (SP)?, would be lucky if he is allowed to play in the next game. There comes a point where you have to control your emotions and Taboni knows nothing of it. What was he going to do? Start punching players? Complete embarassment!

US deserved this win and the way Italains played this game on the pitch and professionally they deserved to lose.

6. arefmusa

arefmusa New Member

Oct 18, 2000
    US
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know I know you must be jealous, we dominated the Italian as we always spank your Mexican team, lol.

7. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY

Thats a joke, the replay showed it was not ball to hand.

I notice you did not bring up the USA goal that should have counted but was not by the sane ref??? Why is that?

8. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY

I guess i should have looked at his profile before i posted and it would have put it all in perspective :)

9. General Manager

Dec 23, 1998

I'll give you that the referee was poor but he also called back a clear goal for the U.S. and let the Italians commit some bad fouls that could have been red cards. The Italian boys lost there composure and they lashed out alot. The Italian number 9 after the game went after some of the U.S players but was held back by stewards and teammates he will most likely be suspended for his actions as FIFA comes down hard on kids in these youth Championships.The italian keeper was brave got himself hurt a few times making saves on the U.S. plus I wouldn't listen to this guy as he is a biased Mexican who hates anything having to do with the U.S and soccer.

10. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas

yes, the italians did loose control at the end but who wouldn't? after all the injusticies that happen. That guy that scored the last goal, pull out his thongue a the Italians, and were making fun of the Italians for losing at the end. She not even i have that much self control.

11. USAClash

USAClash Member

Feb 9, 1999

You're an idiot. The disallowed goal sure looked like it was a call in favor of Italy. The referee was indeed bad, but it was clear who was the better team on the day, and it was even more clear which had the better temperment.

12. TxFan

TxFan Member

Sep 6, 2001

i don't think we watched the same game.

the usa had a goal disallowed for no obvious reason (i don't think anyone was offside and there didn't seem to be a foul). basically the game was pretty even for the most part. the usa scored first and the italian team lost their composure. the lack of self-discipline was embarrasing.

13. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas

spank???? right man keep think you are the giants of concacaf cause you beat Mexico at home. :rolleyes:

and yeah the USA did dominated the game, but the referee was clearly prefering the USA, and to think that since i'm an American i was going for the USA, but i wont celebrate a victory like that.

14. General Manager

Dec 23, 1998

When Soroka scored that final goal he ran to HIS bench and stuck his tongue out. To his bench. If the Italians felt hard done by that the should have played some defense and not left him unmarked at the far post. Simple

15. Chizzy

Chizzy Member+

She/Her
    United States
    Aug 7, 2003
    Upper Left, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Another good thread trashed by davidpotter.

16. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas

Keep the personal insults for WR please. Yes the disallowed goal was a bit strange but the only reason it was called was cause one of the corner judges so something and as soon as i can get my hands in a video, i'll post it here.

who wouldn't have a better temperment if most of the calls were on their favor.

17. TxFan

TxFan Member

Sep 6, 2001

i think i can speak for everyone here at the board when i say that none of us know as much about soccer as you do... i saw the game, but was wondering, what did you see that suggests that the referee was "clearly prefering the USA"...

i don't recall our coach being asked to stay away from the field twice... the handball wasn't intentional and there was nothing the defender could have done to move out of the way...

18. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City

Loose?

19. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas

yeah, i just notice my spelling on that post. I was watching a tv show at the same time so i got distracted, plus i type really fast so sometimes is hard to notice mistakes.

Have you ever seen the Rio Grande? i guess no, so stop speaking out of you @ss. For your information i'm an American and i shower twice a day, and its funny how you can smell through the computer, i think you are confusing me with your smell, appearantly you are the one that needs a shower.

20. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville

Umm, remind me when MExican't last beat us anywhere outside of MExico speedy? Now, how about on a neutral pitch? Get back to us soon senior rented mule.

21. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas

I know the handball was not intentional, none of them are, except for the hand of god. and i'm not claiming to know more about soccer than everyone else in this forum, i'm just telling what i saw.

and since i just notice that there are more american fans than italians, i'll just leave now, before mod of this forum starts getting pissed. bye.

22. USAClash

USAClash Member

Feb 9, 1999

Wouldn't that be the essence of having a good temperment...overcoming the bad calls and still playing well. We had what sure looked like a legit goal taken away, but came back and scored 2 more.

23. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA

You don't have to go to WR to say the Italians showed inexplicably poor composure. Failing to get a PK on an inadvertant handball hardly makes up for the Italian dude who was just wailing on a U.S. player with his feet.

These kids played like they were owed an easy win. Now, maybe, they'll know better.

24. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas

that's hard to tell since all of the Mexico vs USA games are played in the U.S., except for the qualifiers. and please dont come up with the WC result cause that was 3 years ago and its a whole different team now.

and by the way, this is not a Mexico vs USA thread so dont make it one.

25. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas

you seem to be the only educated person in this forum, i'll come back and give u good rep later, i've already given too much rep out in the last 24 hrs.

and you are right, but the USA didn't had as many bad calls as Italy, in fact the only bad call you can claim is that goal that was taken away. anyway I'll let the italians defend themselves. see ya.