Italy vs Spain & Germany: Friendlies Thread

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Italy-Azzurri-Fan, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ok so Here is Conte's Squad for these friendlies next week:

GK: Buffon, Perin, Sirigu

D: Acerbi, Antonelli, Astori, Barzagli, Bonucci, Darmian, De Silvestri, Ranocchia

M: Florenzi, Giaccherini, Jorginho, Montolivo, Thiago Motta, Parolo, Soriano, Verratti

F: Bernardeschi, Bonaventura, Candreva, Eder, El Shaarawy, Immobile, Insigne, Pellè, Zaza

I must say overall much better than November. The only real players I see missing here are De Rossi, Berardi, Gabbiadini, and Giovinco, but its not like they deserve to be here that much or have really been in form. Gabbs is even struggling for playing time while Giovinco just started his season and hasn't played before for along time. Not sure about Berardi and DDR, but Gabbs and Giovinco should be in Conte's 32-men provisional squad to take to the friendlies before the Euros though and then he will evaluate.

Its great to see Insigne back, as well as Jorginho & Bernardeschi making their debuts.

About the formations, Conte has been going with a 4-2-4 lately, so I think he will stick with that, but the players he is calling looks like he might tinker a bit and use a 4-4-2 more normally and not have the flanks so high.

---------------------Insigne---Pelle-------------------------
    ---Bonaventura---------------------------Bernardeschi----
    ------------------Jorginho------Verratti--------------------
    ----Darmian-----------------------------------Florenzi-----
    ------------------Bonucci---------Barzagli------------------
    ----------------------------Buffon---------------------------
    If Verratti is injured, replace him with Motta or Montolivo. What do you all think?

2. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I think that midfield will get run over and they would do a typical Roma CL game showing.

3. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'd switch out Bonucci for Platini.

BlueDonkey, Falc, calabrese8 and 2 others repped this.
  4. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Play Montolivo. That boy is just coming back from injury. He'll tear sum pussy up

5. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What a joke of a squad

6. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How? Its true there might be some players that shouldn't be there, but who would you really replace them with though?

By the way Immobile is injured and Okaka is replacing him. Not the best replacement, but who cares? They aren't even key players.

7. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Immobile replaced with Okaka.

P di Antonio repped this.
  8. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Perfetto more mediocrity

Sal repped this.
  9. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What team do you support fratello?

10. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lazio. ;) No i do not support any of the big teams. I follow my local club.

11. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Ahh, Fanculo Lazio ;).

12. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Si, Fanculo Lazio, Gol di Bacca!!

Sal repped this.
  13. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Got to see Candreva live today at the San Siro. Parolo bagged a goal

P di Antonio repped this.
  14. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Candreva signing for Internazionale.

15. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Barzagli has left the squad with a muscular injury.

16. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Huge Blow, but its only friendlies were playing. Time for Astori to step up. Verratti as well left the squad, but he wasn't expected to play, and was just there for tests.

-Insigne-Pelle-
    -Bonaventura-Jorginho-Motta-Bernardeschi-
    -Darmian-Astori-Bonucci-Florenzi-
    -Buffon-​

17. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This formation of yours will suffer greatly against Espana. Florenzi is not a terzino.

Calcio Pauly, calabrese8 and Sal repped this.
  18. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Please stop it with Florenzi. He has been amazing there for Roma. He is the best we have seriously. I do see your point about the formation though. I don't know exactly what formation to use though. 3-5-2 without Barzagli is out of the question. No way do I trust Ronacchia and Astori to get the job done together. That will put too much pressure on Bonucci.

19. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Seriously I must say for the sake of the Azzurri, its honestly good news that all the Serie A teams are out of European Competition.

For Juventus players, the only big games we have left are Fiorentina, AC Milan, and AC Milan again in the Coppa Final. Otherwise we can rotate our players and make sure not to rush any players back too early. Chiellini, Marchisio, and Barzagli can be rested when need to. They should be fit for Euro 2016. Buffon can be rested for some small games as well.

For Napoli players, the Serie A is the only competition they are in now, and again the only big games they have are Roma and Inter. Insigne, Jorginho, and maybe Gabbiadini should be fit for Euro 2016. Also they pretty much have secured a UCL spot really.

For Roma players, again only Serie A, and Napoli and AC Milan are the only big teams left for them. Florenzi and El Shaarawy should be ok, and maybe DDR.

Then we have the Serie A teams that are just making sure to stay in a Europa League Spot like Fiorentina and AC Milan. Bernardeschi, Bonaventura, Montolivo, and maybe Donnarumma, Bertolacci, Romagnoli, Antonelli, and De Sciglio. Hopefully they will be fine.

Lazio's Candreva is very rarely injured.

Inter has Eder, but I don't care about him, in my eyes he is not a key player.

Then we have Verratti at PSG. PSG are still in the UCL but they have secured the Ligue 1, so its all they even have to worry about, and Verratti can hopefully take his time to come back, especially since Rabiot seems to be stepping his game up for PSG and is impressive.

Man Utd, not even sure if they are a joke team or not, but hopefully Darmian will be fine.

Honestly it just really feels good that there isn't too much pressure on the Azzurri players. Seriously good news compared to the rest. Look at Germany, Belgium, and Spain for example. Most of their players are under a lot of pressure. France maybe a bit less so, but still most of their players have more pressure than us.

20. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well this is a HUGE SURPRISE: Rugani is going to the Azzurri tomorrow to replace Barzagli and will hopefully make his debut in one of the friendlies. This might give him a slight chance at the Euros. Well I bet nobody saw this coming!

Rosay repped this.
  21. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good for Rugani. I doubt Conte plays him though as he seemed to stress he's a player for the future. He's above Astori and especially Ranocchia for me though.

I really hope Motta, Giaccherini, Eder and Montolivo don't impress during these games. Average players who coaches seem to love... Giacc likely makes this squad as Conte is intent on versatility. The other three shouldn't be near this squad.

Anyone who has been watching Serie A will tell you how irrelevant Giacc is to the Azzurri. Not solely because of his individual skillset or talent, but because of the talent we have besides him: Insigne, El Shaaraway and Bonaventura all deserve a starting place on the left side of the pitch come June. Bonaventura, in particular, has been a monster. The idea that Giacc is going to take one of their spots is wrong on many levels.

I still feel this team is suited to a 4-3-3, especially if Darmian, the 3 listed above and Candreva are healthy and in form come June,

Daei_10 repped this.
  22. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Basically this is his last major tournament for Italy then. Inter... Where the Italian talent goes to die

Rosay, Deleted User x and P di Antonio repped this.
  23. P di Antonio

P di Antonio Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Italia
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Santon e Eder.

Rosay repped this.
  24. Hulk_Hogan_Italia

AC Milan
    Italy
    Aug 17, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    What about Giuseppe Rossi. He is finding his form at Levante

25. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    I hope Candreva's not stupid enough to commit career suicide.

Rosay repped this.