Italy v Spain

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by Fullerov, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I think the contenders for the 2018 World Cup are: Italy, Brazil, France, Spain, and Argentina. They're probably the top 5. Then we have: Belgium, Portugal, Germany, England, and Uruguay. They are all second tier teams and could also win it.

2. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
  3. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    I would maybe swap England with Argentina. Argentina is going well under Scaloni but they just don't have the top quality in all positions. England will only get better from now on. They have so much raw talent.

4. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Fair Enough

5. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Yes, but shots off-target by definition cannot be transformed into goals. I think the shots on target are the most important stats and they were even, like you said. The exact same number for each team, showing that Spain had a lot of futile domination but where it counted, they weren't as dominant as people think.

6. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Agreed for the most part but I can't comprehend why you're including Uruguay. They look old, unfocused, and short of ideas. And I don't agree with the poster who would not place Argentina as a top contender. Any team with Messi becomes a top contender.

7. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Uruguay still have Suárez and Cavani as well as a very good defense. Also managed pretty well with good chemistry.

8. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Also, Argentina doesn’t only have Messi. Don’t forget: Dybala, Aguero, Icardi, Luartaro Martinez, Bentancur, and probably a few others that I’m forgetting. All of those players except maybe Bentancur are world class.

9. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Bentancour plays for Uruguay.

10. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Oh Yes, Gosh, I was confused between Bentancur and Pereyra who was another player that used to play at Juventus. Every news outlet was saying that Pereyra was Uruguayan but he was from Argentina. I was getting him and Bentancur confused which is why I made that mistake.

11. Edhardy

Edhardy Member+

Sep 4, 2013
    Nairobi, Kenya
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    They also haven't called up Dybala & Icardi