ITALY - USA in Kaiserslautern

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by OmiKell, Dec 22, 2005.

1. OmiKell

OmiKell New Member

May 2, 2004
    Tarrytown/Luxemburg
    Does anyone here have already checked for any Marriott Hotel or any other US brand near Kaiserslautern on 6/17?

2. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    Yep and forget it.

3. OmiKell

OmiKell New Member

May 2, 2004
    Tarrytown/Luxemburg

44 Miles from the stadium, 265EUR/night. No Marriott Award.

I guess I will scan in the suburb and rent a car.

4. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I won't be there, but your ticket includes free local transportation (bus-subway). I'll bet that would be easier than dealing with the auto traffic.

5. OmiKell

OmiKell New Member

May 2, 2004
    Tarrytown/Luxemburg

You're right. But if there are P+R at the city entrance, I guess I will take a car.

6. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    My plan (at least for now):

Go to game.

Find a bar to belly-up to afterwards.

Catch early-morning train home and sleep on that.

The Magpie

7. dosacero

dosacero New Member

May 19, 2005
    NYC
    Likewise. Will head to Berlin or Hamburg that next morning.

8. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    Well Magpie, it would be nice to meet you in person, but ironic that it would happen in Germany rather than Gillette!! We'll have to figure out which bar to go to!

9. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I'll be staying in Dusseldorf, taking the train to K-town the morning of the game, then taking an overnight train to Munich afterwards.

10. stevewhit0

stevewhit0 New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Champaign, IL
    I'm really interested in how many people will just end up sleeping in parks or at the train station because the price of beds is just out of this world.

11. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    That's a distinct possibility for me the night of the 18th in Munich. Sure I could go back to Dusseldorf and spend the night there but there's no way in hell I'm going to miss the festivities surrounding the Brazil-Australia game at Allianz. I've got a room in Munich booked from the 19th-22nd but nothing on the 18th so far. So, unless something affordable opens up I'll be searching for a lady to spend the night with, and if that doesn't work out it's a park bench for me. And the fact that I won't have showered in at least 24 and possibly 48 (if I go to the Mexico-Angola game) hours won't help. Although on the other hand, this is Europe we're talking about.

12. Kevin Etzel

Kevin Etzel Member

Jul 18, 2000
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't be surprised if the German Politzei clamp down hard on this type of activity in the venue cities and perhaps even surrounding cities during the WC. I hope that I am wrong.

13. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Perhaps, but this would also be a good reason to run trains round-the-clock.

14. Shibb

Shibb Member

Feb 22, 2005
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're going to have to add some later train runs, especially for those 9 pm games (WTF were they thinking). And I'm hoping that they run extra late so we can hang around and celebrate. I just barely made the last bus out of Incheon, probably by dumb luck, and I don't think it was that late. I was way to pumped after that game and had to hang out eat dinner and watch a later match on the television at a little Japanese (??) restaurant nearby.

15. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    If after an evening of celebrating and the bars close, the police do not permit you to wait for the next train, when you show a reservation and a train ticket, you can either choose to be arrested or take a walk (er. stagger).

I can't believe that the police are going to bother someone who isn't causing a problem - why do they need the hassle?

17. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well nice fans who don´t cause problem, who behaved nice will never have problem with german police. Why they should be? Of course if you behave "brutal" or spank another fans, you might get troubles.
    Anyway I think that USA fans are actually very nice. We will get more troubles in Germany probably from dutch or english fans:). American fans have good immage.

Bltleo
    GERMANY

18. Swazicar

Swazicar Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Portland, Ore.
    Bltleo,

I was going to ask about this area, but didn't want to drive up prices by discussing it publicly! ;)

Any specific city/town suggestions? Neustadt? Deidesheim? Others? My fiancee and I are interested in beer, wine, bicycling, and "walking." I'm interested in football, or course (and she can pretend to be for two hours).

19. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neustadt is nice.

20. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You shouldn't be doing that sort of thing in public anyways :D

21. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be heading back to Mainz (staying at the Hilton) after the game and flying home out of Frankfurt the next day. However, I hope to be bale to take a late-late train and get in some local beer drinking before departure. Considering kickoff is 9:00 PM local, it will be a late night for sure. :eek:

22. Hosscat

Hosscat New Member

Jul 21, 2003
    Denver
    It is Germany after all.... I hear they're into that sort of thing.

23. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That, and touching monkeys...

[​IMG]

Touch Him! Love Him!

and now we dance.... :eek:

24. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Sprock-ehcts!

25. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Unless, they're Swedish, female, and attractive ;)