PBP: Italy-Holland Pre/during/post match [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by TFC17, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Zambrotta must stay back, Holland has 4 forwards and the black guy on the left seems particularly quick.

2. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    PESCARA, 14 novembre - L'Under 21 azzurra è a un passo dall'eliminazione all'europeo, ma Marcello Lippi non perde l'ottimismo sul valore dei giovani italiani, e li invita a darsi da fare per gli ultimi posti disponibili per il Mondiale. "Un'annata non felice non inficia il valore dei nostri giovani calciatori, dall'Under 21 giù fino alle altre rappresentative", ha detto il ct della Nazionale nella consueta intervista a Rai Sport nell'ambito dell'esclusiva tra Federcalcio e tv pubblica. «Quante reali possibilità hanno i giovani che ho qui di venire al Mondiale? Diciamo che ho 16-17 nomi, e poi ne dovrò aggiungere altri 5-6», ha aggiunto Lippi rispondendo a una domanda sui volti nuovi dell'amichevole di stasera Italia-Olanda.

Well, better now than later I guess. I think he has more that 6 doubts about the current lineup.

3. Azzurri Calcio

Azzurri Calcio New Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Bologna
    Club:
    Bologna FC 1909
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: Squad vs Holland?

I don't get all the negativity here, the squad is playing the most compact I have seen in many games. Palladino is a breath of fresh air on the laft side, very dangerous... I would love to see the same formation/squad with Marchissio and DeRossi replacing Palombo and Canderva- this team will be a bitch to score on and enough fire power to get the goals. In my humble opinion... Forza Azzurri

4. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There's an away game, no ET until they play in France...:(

5. legdonor

legdonor Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Firenze
    am i the only one who thinks paladino has not been that impressive?

i'm not saying i think he's been poor, but i'm not sure how exactly he's been impressive. is it because he does a stepover every time he gets the ball.

6. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Not a horrible first half, but this team is missing another gear.

Palladino has some nice feet, but he loses too many balls and he's just a step too slow to beat his man. It's always been his problem.

7. legdonor

legdonor Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Firenze
    oh really? i didn't know that that kind of sucks then..

8. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

I didn't say it was illegal did I. It was on the ball but he wasn't exactly trying very hard not to cause injury to Van Persie either was he. My post was in response to the post whingeing about De Jong's tackle. In which both De Jong and the Italian player went in with two legs I might add. I don't want to complain about Italian tackling and would never claim the Dutch are angels, but given the first half, let's not pretend the Italians are angels either.

9. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree, he's too 'soft' on the ball, always getting bullied and pushed back by Dutch defenders.

10. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

chiellini's tackle was perfectly legal? unfortunately for van persie he got hurt, but that is just bad luck, it doesn't make the challenge a poor one. de jong's was anything but clean, even if palombo made it out of it ok. apples and oranges my dear

11. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maybe the weather is playing a role, but this team just doesn't have the right chemistry anymore.

12. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is Palladino playing well for his club this year?

13. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

partly because let's face it, without sneijder and van persie, we should expect an italian defense to look alright, but the problem has been finding a consistent attack and scoring goals, so 0-0 with only a few decent chances is worrying in that regard.

I hope we don't get the parade of subs that breaks the rhythm of the match around minute 60.

14. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yes

15. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Enough of these lazy backheels

16. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

Yes it was bad luck as I said in my previous post. Palombo also went in with both legs btw.

Forgive me for being pissed off about this but to the Dutch this game was all about trying out a system with Van Persie as striker for the first time. Now there's almost no point to this entire friendly to us. Overall I think both sides are extremely sloppy esp in midfield.

Whoever mentioned him, the black guy up front is former Twente and now HSV left winger Elia.

17. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why did Van der Sar retire from International? This Holland team changes a lot.

18. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004

And without Robben.

19. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

well in that regard, yeah i understand your frustration.

20. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who is for Zarate getting the call up? I am. If Lippi leaves Cassano home, I want Zarate. Where's Pazzini??? Gila is a supersub.

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Van der Sar has indicated he might come back for the world cup as has Van Nistelrooy. We've a lot of injuries at the moment. Elia is our up and coming left winger he looks certain of a place in the squad.

22. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    When Donadoni left, I thought ....finally 4-3-3 wil be gone..

but noooooooo Lippi is obsessed with it.............

This team should play 4-2-3-1 or or 4-1-2-1-2

23. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    personally, i am always for rossi playing at least as a supersub. his movement and technical ability always gives the attack a lift. even if villarreal has been a little bit of a mess these first few months

24. legdonor

legdonor Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Firenze
    thank god, i would rather see rossi (despite his current form) than paladino

25. asbari1908

asbari1908 Member

Dec 18, 2008
    BARI
    Club:
    AS Bari
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Please, both Palombo and De Jong went in basically at the same time. Palombo had a hissy fit. This game has 0-0 written all over it. Chiellini is a monster.