Italy: Football, Fascism, and the World CUP

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Italy08, May 27, 2019.

1. Italy08

Italy08 Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    https://gameofourlives.fm/blog-1/1-7-john-foot

Italy: Football, Fascism, and the World CUP

This is an excellent podcast about the current sad situation of the Italian national team.

It’s about local issues rather than globalism. According to the podcast, Italians tend to favor their local team and not the national team.

The podcast stated how the Italians were unified in 1982 and the president of Italy
    Sandro Pertini who was antifascist saw the finals with fans in the stadium.

I think there is a bigger story going on in Italy. It’s not about soccer.
    The Italian mentality is making decisions that impacted the national team; for example it’s hard to build a stadium because local teams’ owners will feel threatened because they want power and influence

I wanted to point out the podcast stated that Italy has good young players. It’s not all negative.

I want to see if you can listen to the whole podcast so you can understand what’s going on. It might be true or it might be false.

On another note: Italy used to have so many talented players. It was hard for the coaches to choose strikers from platers such as Totti. Del Piero, Inzaghi, Vieri, Toni, Cassano.

Italy doesn’t have quality players like the strikers mentioned

Pirlo, Buffon and maybe are De Rossi were the last Italian Great Players.

In my opinion Italy needs a player like Messi or Ronaldo. I’m happy that Ronaldo moved to Italy. Ronaldo can influence excellent Italian players

Italy needs a player who is between 23-27 l. It could be one or more than one of the current players who can change the game and score many goals.

Italy needs a player who is flashy with his moves and someone who can finish the game with one touch.