Italian Super Cup: vs Roma (R)

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by bibonzo, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Nerazzurri77

Nerazzurri77 New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Indeed...we are still winning though!!! Bravissimo Eto'o!!!

2. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia

Heh man you said it first!

3. Nerazzurri77

Nerazzurri77 New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    I love Tottimerda's impotence look!!!

Roma about to make history with a treble of their own...three major loses to the kings of Italy/Europe in 2010. Scudetto, Coppa, and Supercoppa!!!

4. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Absolutely agree. Honestly, I'm still trying to get the feel of what Benitez has the guys doing - how far are they allowed to get out of their areas and so forth. I like a lot of Rafa's changes, it's just that Mou had them so regimented and disciplined that it's a little strange to see some of the runs they're making and the positions they're ending up in. For instance, it seems in the first half Maicon was possessing the ball up the right a lot more than last year when the attack went typically through Cambiasso & Sneijder, while Maicon was making dangerous overlapping runs, then getting the ball in the attacking third. This might be the reason Milito has looked a little slow or hesitant in a couple of spots. Instead of being the tip of the spear with 3 other attackers, he now has a RB possessing the ball through midfield, making him extra conscious of getting caught in an offside position. It surely must be an significant adjustment, but the good thing is that the chemistry between Sneijder-Eto'o-Pandev-Milito is incredible, as much of the play has shown in the second half. It's going to take an incredible defensive effort by a team to stop that combination.

5. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    +1 :)

One match, one trophy! I can get used to this.

6. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia

Agree and it still needs some work, we will see in the next few games how things look. Big Ben started good and we have our first title, hopefully second will arrive in a few days against Athletico!

7. Nerazzurri77

Nerazzurri77 New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    GRANDE INTER!!!

Next, EUFA Supercup!!!

8. futbolmad

futbolmad New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Good analysis. I was glad to see Eto'o more often where he should be in his traditional central position (+ some occasional freelancing) where he has been most lethal.

Like I had mentioned in a pre-season thread, that this level of fluidity is not something I was accustomed to last season. There is one thing though -- as good as Maicon is, I have seen repeated plays that he has made that betray what appears to be selfish individualism. He will take aim at goal even at very tight angles, when Eto'o and/or Milito and Schneider are waiting to be supplied. Granted that some of the goals Maicon has scored have been awesome, but its like he needs too many attemtps to come up with something like that.

9. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Not had much time to post lately... BUT FORZA NERAZURRI!!!

10. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  11. Bruticus

Bruticus Member

May 18, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Our very own magic square?:D

Anyway I agree with everything you said, the team looks a lot more flexible under Rafa, I mean we finally saw some rotation between the front 3 (something I had been crying out for under Mou) and both Pandev and Eto'o got on the scoresheet and generally played well. After the season he just had, Milito is going to be marked like hell now and we won't be able to rely on him as our sole goal scoring option, we need the others to step up as well, Rafa knows this as well and no doubt we will see Eto'o and Pandev playing more centrally alot.

12. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    lol

Let's hope this one keeps working better than Parreira's did.