Italian NT 2002 one of best sides ever

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by burn357, Oct 14, 2003.

1. That the best you got? Tell you what, i'll stop proving everything you say is bollocks when you admit that it's you that knows *#*#*#*# all about the game and start talking sense.

2. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Proved what? You have not proved anything except for the fact that you are an insignificant, pitiful, little English twat who supports WBA and is dumb enough to think that Roy Keane is better than Edgar Davids. Get a life and stop following me around *#*#*#*# boy.

3. burn357

burn357 New Member

Oct 13, 2003
    the mothership

baresi was a legend you know.

4. Brilliant, i'm so insignificant and pitiful you keep replying.
    It's not that i'm following you around, i'm merely exercising my right to post on these threads. It's just sheer coincidence that it's you that posts ridiculous posts that prove your knowledge of the game is lacking and i reply to them. It could be anyone on here but it just so happens it's you. I'm dumb enough to think Keane is better than Davids but you've shown no evidence to back your case for Davids. I've already asked you why Davids is better. Prove how much you know about the game if your so knowledgable and can tell others they know nothing, and explain how he's better. 7 game clown. What a supporter.

5. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Does the fact that I have been to only 7 games at Stadio delle Alpi make you feel like less of a *#*#*#*#? You know there are other places to see Juventus play besides at their home stadium. Torino is not exactly right around the corner from Rome. Now to Keane vs Davids. When Keane was in his prime, they both had comparable skill sets. Fast, good on the dribble, physically strong, very heavy outside shots, and good passers as well. The thing that makes Davids so much better than other midfielders is his workrate. The man is a pitbull. He imposes himself on the pitch. Always pressuring the ball carrier, always delivering crunching tackles, etc. When you have that type of workrate coupled with world class skill, you have one of the best players on earth.

6. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And in time Nesta will be too.

7. Which is exactly what Keane does. I know we both have different opinions on this and now you've proved your case then i'll accept your opinion BUT i'll say it again EVERYTIME they've played against eachother Keane has dominated Davids.

8. burn357

burn357 New Member

Oct 13, 2003
    the mothership
    davids is a monster in the middle of the pitch. besides his considerable technical abilities, he is also a force of pure speed, muscle, and agression. and hes realy scary with those dark shaded glasses.

9. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Hey, I never said that I don't like Roy Keane. I think that he is a tremendous player. I just think that Davids is better and that he has more years ahead of him. I'm glad that we can finally agree to disagree. By the way, I went to the friendly at Giants Stadium in New Jersey over the summer to see Juve play Man U. Tough game for us, but an excellent debut for Howard. Davids and Keane both played very well in the match, granted it was only a friendly. In fact, Davids was the only guy that played well for us. Anyhow, perhaps we can get along a bit better now. Have a good one.

10. Ferris

Ferris New Member

Mar 31, 2003
    Were you that idiot that kept shouting "juve juve!" over and over again??

Also, del piero and Nedved played great except they weren't substituted in until late in the second half...would have been a much more lively game had they started.

11. Ferris

Ferris New Member

Mar 31, 2003
    Serious critique here. Davids is a gret workhorse, and excells in winning the ball and bringing it forward, but he loses his cool too easily, and often tries to do too much and can't maintain possession. Without Nedved (especially) and Del Piero (I know, I know I just posted about them :) ) Davids could not have the same impact...the champions league final is a great example. I just don't think he takes over a game the same way that Keane did in his prime.

12. Yeah sure fair play. I'm not saying Davids is crap either, like u say lets just agree to disagree.

13. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002

no. if refs had done their job, italy wouldnt have had enough players playing at the end. THen again, Italy vs mexico would be like 6 v 6, so italy probably would have beat mexico.

14. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    LOL! It probably was me. I was there with my fiancee. You are definitely right about Nedved. As soon as he came in, our offense improved. Unfortunately for us, Howard made some great saves.