Italia vs Germania quarter final

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Marco Delvecchio, Jun 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco Delvecchio

Marco Delvecchio Red Card

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    I started the Spain thread and we won so got to keep the tradition going. I've been saying this for ages but this is so much like Euro 2000 even how we won our first knock out game and won 2-0. We also ended up playing the hosts in the semis and knocking them out on penalties! As long as we don't give up a last minute goal in the final and lose. Anyway I think Germany will end our awesome run against them. Regardless, the tournament is already a success and a fantastic effort from the team and Conte! No reason as to why we can't win it with the way we've been playing. We've been the best team in the tournament over the 4 games so far. 3 wins but 2 of them more importantly against great opposition and we've disposed of them with audacious fashion. Whoever disagrees simply are biased and jealous.

D Rossi in the part that he played was an absolute architect. At such an old age, he showed he can match it with the best of them. The Pelle and Eder combo have been supreme and Giach has been a vibrant work horse. This Italy has brought immense pride back into the nation and we've been a revelation to the tournament.

FORZA ITALIA!!!!!!

Rosay repped this.
  2. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm not impressed at all by Germany.

3. Marco Delvecchio

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Fair enough. But don't always judge on face value. They've got a few more gears to go through yet.

4. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Very Simple Math guys

Slovakia beat Germany in a Friendly and Germany beat Slovakia at the Euros

Germany beat Italy in a Friendly and Italy beat Germany at the Euros.

I mean they gave Mario Balotelli a whole career for 2 years too long lol

5. Star-Lord

Star-Lord Member+

Aug 10, 2014
    Uranus
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    3-0 Germany, Italy's luck ends here.

6. Marco Delvecchio

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    fixed for accuracy you poor excuse for a human being. Go and suck your bf's cock you ************.

Star-Lord and Rosay repped this.
  7. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Jeez chill.

el napulitan and monere repped this.
  8. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fine...except there has been nothing lucky about their tournament so far . If anything they have been unlucky in some sense. Perhaps the luck will start against Germany.

Rosay repped this.
  9. Gianni_Rivera

Gianni_Rivera New Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm starting to get incredibly worried because De Rossi might be injured. I hope he recovers just in time for the game. If not, then it will be a huge blow, especially considering Thiago Motta just had to get himself suspended as well.

I am terrified of losing our record to Germany. To me, I would very much upset me if it happened. So I'm crossing my fingers for a miracle and for something good to happen.

And I really hope that we can emerge victorious in the end.

Side-note, but how does the reserve player system work for tournaments?

I know Italy has three reserve players (Rugani, Zappacosta and Benassi) and can anyone of them be called-up due to injury? Or is Conte just stuck with the 23 he has?

I'd really appreciate an answer to an question here.

10. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    For all his experience Motta has to know the situation, it was the 89th min for an off the ball incident, so selfish. Lucky he wasn't shown a straight red for that incident. Now we have no replacement for that position if De Rossi is injured. Would Conte risk changing the formation now? This is where we could really use someone like Jorginho, we literally have no one that can distribute in midfield if DDR is out.

11. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No. You can't call up your reserve players

12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In hindsight, I think Conte brought one striker too many. This team could have used another mid.

What will likely happen is that Parolo moves to center. Sturaro comes in Parolo's spot. Hopefully Candreva is recuperated so that leaves Florenzi as a sub for possibly anyone of the 5 in midfield.

el napulitan and totti fan repped this.
  13. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He's self jinxing. You people need to relax

Star-Lord repped this.
  14. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Even if Candreva is recovered, I doubt he will start. I would bring him in if needed for a super sub as the team clearly can play well without him. In the event that we win, we have a stronger team against France.

15. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If any of you told me we were going in to a quarter final match against Germany with midfielders at our disposal consisting of names like: Parolo, Sturaro, Florenzi (hopefully De Rossi) I would say that we wouldn't have a chance in hell - but on the back of inspiring play and a lot of running, I'm hopeful.

Germany is far and away more talented - everyone know's this and its pointless debating it, however, structurally they've never been good against Italy. Individual talent has counted for very little in these Euro's so far and so I think that Germany is going to have to play a very smart game if they want to advance as opposed to sitting back and relying on pure talent differential (like what Spain did).

Ultimately this is Germany's real final because they and everyone else knows that if they win this game they are virtually guaranteed champions barring a collapse (Germany don't normally collapse).

16. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    While Parolo does play in the center with Lazio, he's more of the cover and the runner for Biglia who is the distributor. Conte will know that Parolo won't be the distributor exclusively, we may need other mids to drop into that role. As much as I rate Parolo, he doesn't have the composure nor the distribution skills to play that role.

17. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Assuming De Rossi is out - hope not - I think Conte goes: Florenzi, Parolo, Giaccherini in the middle with Bernardeschi right and De Scilgio left. I say Bernardeschi as we need some creative outlet and he can give you a solid 90 from the flank. If that's the case, Bonucci becomes even more important as a facilitator from the back and we look to slide in a goal or two.

18. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Gazzetta is forecasting that Parolo takes over DDR's role and Sturaro takes over Parolo's role.

19. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    I will be shocked if Bernadeschi starts. If Candreva isn't fit he may opt for SES, but probably Darmian on the right.

20. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope not - not a big fan of Sturaro or his contributions thus far.

I'd be cool with that. Darmian is better suited on the right anyways and El Shaarawy looked great for Roma this season.

21. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Jurgi Low saying we "celebrate 0-0's" and Germany's poor record against us is "old coffee."

22. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    With De Rossi and Motta out (and Jorginho at home) we don't have many options

23. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    So much disrespect. Man I hope we rub it in their faces.

Rosay repped this.
  24. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im nervous about this game, BUT this team has come very far and kicked out the champs. I wouldnt be too sad losing to Germany.

25. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Are we sure DDR is out? I doubt it is anything serious. It looked like it was just a knock.

Please don't let the streak end now. We must beat Germany. They honestly haven't looked that impressive to be honest. They had a great game vs Slovakia, but Slovakia is not a really good team.