Italia vs Belgium. Nov. 13. Friendly (R)

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Deleted User x, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Belgium just reached #1 ranking for the first time in their history. A great test for gli Azzurri.

Also, Verratti won't play as he is injured.

InsigneForBalonD'or and totti fan repped this.
  2. annoyingracoon01

Aug 29, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fifa world rankings are a laughing stock.

3. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    True. But good for Belgium anyways.

Rosay repped this.
  4. Parcae

Parcae Member

Nov 3, 2013
    I hope to see Insigne, Eder and Berardi as the attacking trident. The first two are in magnificent form and the last is overdue, not to mention that Candreva, who usually has that spot, has not been in good fettle lately.

Insigne's presence also suggests a 4-3-3 to me, since he is not as useful when he has to track back. That means 3 midfielders. With Verratti, Bertolacci and Parolo out, I hope Bonaventura gets the nod. Marchisio has not been playing well but Conte will probably start him anyway. That leaves the regista. I hope Jorginho gets a call-up but I imagine the starting spot will go to Montolivo or DDR.

In defense, I would not bring DSG even as a ball boy. Chiellini has been lousy lately but I'm sure he will start anyway, as will Bonucci and Darmian. I would play Florenzi at rightback but I'm sure it will be DSG again. Maybe Florenzi will start in place of Marchisio in the midfield.

Rosay repped this.
  5. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #5 Nek Sanalet, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    I hope Gabbiadini gets called up and starts at center forward in one of these two games coming up in November. Even with little playing time he has managed to score 5 goals for Napoli. With Zaza, Immobile, Balotelli, and Destro either hurt or doing nothing, he should be the guy to make the team along with Pelle at CF. Lets give him a real chance to impress.

I think DSG is Conte's guy. He usually plays well for the national team (usually better than for Milan), and he's a lock right now with Darmian in the back. I think Florenzi's future with the Azzurri is in midfield.

I think both Bonaventura and Saponara need to get called up and played in these fixtures as well.

Rosay repped this.
  6. Parcae

Parcae Member

Nov 3, 2013
    I like Gabbiadini and think he is the future, but I doubt that Conte will select a bench player ahead of the current capocannoniere. Maybe as a sub...

I hope Saponara is called up but we have no room for a trequartista and I generally worry about players in a different position than the one they play in for their clubs.

7. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Will Nainggolan break Montolivo's leg?

el napulitan repped this.
  8. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    I'm calling it right now. Matri gets the call.

9. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    totti fan repped this.
  10. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That was what I was trying to say Parcae. Gabbs should be selected along with Pelle (with the assumption that the latter will start in the Euros). Conte will probably take two CF's. I think Gabbs should get the nod over those other players I mentioned. That's why it would be nice to see him in these upcoming fixtures given a chance. Eder usually plays out on the left and his competition is a different group of players.

Rosay and Deleted User x repped this.
  11. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    As for CF's I would bring Pelle and Gabbs like you say along with Berardi. I would leave Zaza and Quags at home at this point. And yes, Eder has a different group to compete with. Mainly Giovinco for the starting role.

12. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I want to add that both De Rossi and Florenzi are injured.

13. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope to see Insigne-Gabbiadini-Berardi? Anyone agree? Zaza shouldn't be here. Quagliarella I am not so sure about.

14. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    -Insigne-Gabbiadini-Berardi-
    -Marchisio-Pirlo-Parolo-
    -De Sciglio-Chiellini-Bonucci-Darmian-
    -Buffon-
    By the way what is the news on Candreva? I usually here things about him being called up before these games, but I heard nothing about him.

15. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree with you about Gabbiadini. LOL I think Immobile isn't even an option anymore. He hasn't been playing for Sevilla much and plus he hasn't been called since March. Forget him, he is no good. Destro? Are you serious? He hasn't been there as well. Balotelli I think is still injured.

16. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think our best 2 CF's are Giovinco and Gabbiadini. Eder and Pelle as subs.

17. Azzurrifan87

Azzurrifan87 Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Montolivo, Giaccherini, and Zaza all represent major steps backwards.

How there is no Insigne, Giovinco, and Baselli is an extreme disappointment.

Conte, you once again disappoint me after making progress last month. Same crap as Lippi & Prandelli before him.

Perin? He doesn't even deserve to wear gloves when compared to Sportiello

PhuckHead repped this.
  18. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good to see Giaccherini back in the side. :thumbsup:
    A unique versatile player for NT.

Cerci in over Berardi. A major setback for the boosters.

Big surprise for me is Insigne and Okaka :eek:.

19. PhuckHead

PhuckHead Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Just disgusting that Insigne doesn't get a look. Arguably the best Italian player in the league. 2nd highest Italian scorer with 6 goals, behind Eder's 9. He's also up there in the Assist table with 3 so far. He's also doing well in the Europa league as well, for what it's worth.

This is the perfect opportunity for Jorginho, who is the best regista in the league, with Pirlo and Veratti out.

Giovinco proved a spark in the last two qualifiers. You'd think Conte might want .. . too disgusted . f**k this s**t.:thumbsdown:

InsigneForBalonD'or repped this.
  20. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I doubt Giovinco is out of the picture. He's already proved himself. He's probably out for other reasons, same as Pirlo etc

Rosay repped this.
  21. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I get the feeling that Berardi and Insigne pulling out of those last two qualifiers put them in Conte's doghouse. There were rumblings that Conte was upset about Insigne leaving camp. I don't think either is going to the Euros at this point (would put the odds at less than 25% for both). He probably didn't like their commitment to the team. Both played domestically right after the international break, so it does look bad in Conte's eyes (especially since neither was a stalwart on the team beforehand). Bonaventura and Cerci benefit from the omissions.

Zaza getting selected contradicts everything Conte has been saying about form and playing time. To be honest, I'm not surprised when it comes to Italian coaches. They always put their ego over the benefit of the team. And Okaka isn't that good. He did nothing in Serie A last year. Goes to a second rate league and is now selected, while Giovinco isn't? Some of these selections don't make sense…but whatever. Until we put our faith in a sensible foreign coach, we need to live with these pompous coaching decisions.

22. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    verratti has flu in his ankle.

yes its always great to see mediocre players like giaccherini back

23. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    i said this during the last round of games, but thats one reason why wee look shit, when the manager says players must be playing to get called up, then selects one player who hasnt been playing, that doesnt send out a good message, gabbiadini has been playing and starting once a week, doesnt matter if its in europe.

prandelli only implementing his "ethics code of conduct" to to everyone but his lover boys certainly did him no favours. conte is gonna risk the same issues

InsigneForBalonD'or and Nek Sanalet repped this.
  24. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I would add Saponara as well. Should at least be given a chance.

25. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    i retract my statement for now, he has called up gabbiadini. but still...........
    sap dererves a call up more than anyone, purely based on merit. but no lets call up that big sack of shit okaka and all the other turds like ranocchia and ASStori

InsigneForBalonD'or repped this.