It Takes One To Know One

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by reelmaad, Nov 30, 2005.

1. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Ronaldo best striker: Muller

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/overseas/spain/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=international_feed/05/11/30/SOCCER_Spa-Real_Madrid_Eto___o.html&TEAMHD=spain

So my question is this:

Am I the only one here that thinks Big Ron's best is still ahead of him???

2. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think so buddy. He has had a lot of time to recover from injury and try and get back to his "pre-injury" form and hasn't really been able to do that. Who knows though, anything can happen in football.

3. climax

climax New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Kolkata, Montreal
    Your first link did not work. Here is the full article:

Ronaldo best striker: Muller
    - By Sudipto Chowdhury

Kolkata, Nov. 30: The World Cup’s leading goal-scorer, Gerd Muller, popularly known as "Der Bomber", says that the day is not far when his record will fall. According to the former goal scoring machine, the most likely contender is Brazilian striker Ronaldo, who only needs three goals to be the new record-holder.

Muller, the most lethal goal poacher of his generation, is in the city as the assistant coach of the Bayern Munich team. He referred to Ronaldo as the best striker of the present generation and said: "Though he is criticised a lot, I still feel he is the best striker now. He just needs three more goals to break my record."

Talking about next year’s World Cup Muller termed Brazil the favourites, closely followed by Argentina. "Brazil are the favourites. Even Argentina are to some extent but the Brazilians are on top."

On Germany’s chances, the 60-year old said that he would be happy if his country made it to the semis.

Lamenting the scarcity of talent at home, the ardent Pele fan said: "The talent-pool in Germany is not as big now as it used to be. In the past we had two sets of national teams ready, but it has changed with time."

Muller also explained that the rules of modern football had made it easier to score while it was quite tough to do so in his time.

Muller, who with his team watched an IFA Shield match between Mohammedan Sporting and Mohun Bagan last Tuesday expressed amazement at the stamina of the Indians. "I am surprised by their stamina for continuing all 90 minutes," he said.

4. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Sorry about that.....its working now

5. climax

climax New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Kolkata, Montreal
  6. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think he has the potential to play a great World Cup. And I have little doubt that he'll break Muller's record. But is that enough to call 2006 his best? Not when you see how amazing he was in 97-98

7. il phenomeno

il phenomeno New Member

Nov 18, 2005
    istanbul
    ronaldo is the best footballer.it is right.
    fotbal is ronaldo......