It’s been fun, sad and interesting

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by SeventhRowScreamer, Jun 9, 2020.

1. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am bidding my hoops friends adieu. I stopped buying season tickets because HSG treats its customers like crap.
    I now sadly leave MLS fandom because I can’t stomach the anti-Christian and anti-American slant of MLS leadership and a majority of fans.
    MLS like other leagues in the USA have been tricked into attacking customers by insinuating they are racist or ignorant for not following the anarchist hysteria running rampant in this country.
    Martin Luther King Jr. himself would be fired by the LA Galaxy and MLS if he were alive and preaching his beliefs these days. Think I’m wrong? Go read his I have a dream speech. Not only would MLS send him away but BLM would call him racist.
    Peace be with you friends.

2. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    How long have you been a STH?

Also, your post suggests there are two issues: FCD treating you "like crap", and the overall stance of MLS pertaining social matters of the day. Am I reading that correctly? Or are the two related? Was there a specific event with a FCD staff member?

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What specifically do they do? I know they are annoying and can come off as "cheap" but what specifically?

Again, can I have specifics? Anti-Christian? Is this regarding their pro-LGBTQEIEIO stance? Anti-American? The majority of vocal supporters (on Twatter and other platforms) are young and come from the west coast. So maybe their personal views are what you're referring to?

We use to live in a world where your personal opinion would only be heard by your close friends/co-workers. Nothing was in writing and most complaints could be plausibly denied. Now we live in a social media world where most people put their opinions in writing for the whole world to see. Said opinions can land people in hot water if they don't align with the mob and the company feels like there's money at stake from the angry mob. We can argue whether this is a better or worse world because of those facts but they are facts. So everyone knows that now and if they choose to still make a statement that will land them in hot water, they're going to have to live with the consequences.

4. TheZo

TheZo Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I’ll read between the lines- you are upset about the league making their stance on inclusivity and a player’s right to kneel during the anthem known. Any person who conflates policies that allow people/players to be their most authentic self with being anti American or anti Christian is just mad that not everyone ascribes to their beliefs. Not everyone is Christian, not everyone is heterosexual, and no one is obligated to worship a piece of cloth. But hey, you do you.

Dyvel, ElJefe and msilverstein47 repped this.