Israelis abroad

Discussion in 'Israel' started by mfrajman, Dec 5, 2007.

1. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gai has only played 4 matches on loan, any news if he is playing well?

2. greengold

greengold New Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Well he has only started once and was subbed off after 59mins. Also he has made three substitute appearances. He has had groin soreness and missed the last 3-4 matches. No assists or goals yet. The fans like him. Apparently, his first appearance was promising but he hasn't really had enough pitch time yet. Brighton have five games left to qualify for an EPL promotion playoff but unfortunately, I think Gai will find it hard to cement a starting place. He will probably get a few more substitute appearances. Having said that, the manager Poyet rates him and Brighton have been disappointing in their last few results so Poyet might look to make some changes. Gai should definitely look for another loan for next season if he is not in Mancini's plans so that he gets a proper pre-season.

3. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, Gai will not be in macinis plans. Hell Johnson doesn't get any playing time at City. Gai going to Citey was a MASSIVE mistake. He should've stayed at Barca or went to a lower Premiership team

4. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched Itay Schechter get subbed on late in the game as his club, Swansea City, hosted first place Manchester United and played a 1-1 draw. Schechter has 10 games and no goals this season.

5. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea I saw him too, I wasn't super impressed. He didn't seem very sharp or fast, I was praying he would score.

6. rct2009

rct2009 Member

Aug 22, 2006
    NY/Bloomington, IN
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw him play against Arsenal a couple of weeks ago and I thought he did well for himself, didn't try to do too much and let Michu and others dictate the play. Of course, everyone on Swansea looked great that afternoon.

7. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea but as a striker his only goal is to score. I hope he does well, i like him. and a striker on hot form going into wcup qualifications is sorely needed for israel

8. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Itay Schechter started today and was subbed off in the 74th minute.

9. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he needs more playing time, this loan is worthless if he doesnt

10. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I didn't see a Maccabi Haifa tread so I'm posting here. I was wondering if any of you who watch the Israeli league could tell me what kind of player Edin Cocalic is? Is he any good? How does he compare to other defenders in the league? What are the positive and negative aspects of his game?Just wondering because many people think he derives a call up to our NT.

Thanks

11. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toronto, ON (Sports Network) - Toronto FC announced Thursday that the club has signed Israeli international defender Tal Ben Haim on a loan deal from English Premier League side QPR.
    Ben Haim joins TFC after signing with QPR in January. The 31-year-old, who knows Toronto head coach Ryan Nelsen from his time at Loftus Road, has lodged over 300 appearances during nine seasons in England.
    "Tal Ben Haim has been one of the top defenders in the EPL for nearly a decade," said Toronto FC President and General Manager Kevin Payne. "He captains his national team and Ryan thinks the world of him. He's exactly the sort of veteran defender we need."
    Ben Haim has recorded 71 caps for the Israeli national team after making his debut in a friendly match against Germany in 2002.

13. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    meh he is going down in quality but his time with Israel is probably coming to an end anyway

14. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ESPN are idiots, his name is Itay. EEE TIE its pronounced.

I know QPR are relegated but coming to MLS is not a top option if Ben Haim expects to be starting for Israel. Surely he could've found another squad or returned to Israel. Israeli clubs are on a higher level than MLS

16. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    meh. He got recuited by a buddy (Nelson) w/ prem & mls experience. And MLS is a summer league. I wouldn't read much into it as far as his future w/ Israel, it won't hurt him more than sitting on the bench at QPR. And I'm not sure about your blanket mls/Israeli Premier League ranking is beyond dispute either.

17. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im sure its up for dispute but the fact Israel competes in the Champions League puts it on another level when MLS can barely compete with Mexico. FIFA rankings have Ligat Winner above MLS too. You can also see the talent that has come out of the league to the top leagues of the world, lots of Africans. Wish more Israelis tho...

18. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    # of Israeli team wins in the Champions League group phase is still equal to MLS' unfortunately. Both leagues have produced some talent that moved on to Europe, although both seem to provide cheap players that start for bottom clubs or get buried at top clubs (like the young Israeli at Chelsea). Regardless, Tal Ben Haim isn't going to keep/lose his spot w/Israel over playing in Toronto.

19. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What rankings are you talking about? Can I have a link?

Hapoel Tel Aviv beat Benfica in the 2010-2011 Group Stage.

20. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i saw it a year ago and can't find it for the life of me right now. it was official fifa rankings too... :S

21. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    just one question....where the fudge is Nir Mansour at? do you guys remember him, the kid that used to play for Real Madrid...

24. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    last i heard west ham was thinking about him but that was years ago...

furthermore, wtf is going on with Assulin. He didnt' even make the U-21 squad! And shit we sucked against Italy :(

25. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

Anybody knows this guy (I took the pic last Tuesday)? ;)