Israel vs. Switzerland [R], World Cup 2010, Qualifying Round, 06.09.2008

Discussion in 'Israel: National Teams' started by film2112, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's hard to believe...

Of course, a home draw isn't the perfect result ... but fighting back after a 0:2 lag in the 2nd half (with 2 nice goals), should make you feel like winners! ;)

Was he really that bad?

2. film2112

film2112 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sunny Los Angeles
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Agreed fully mate. Check out this rubbish quote from Kashtan, "...they showed great cohesion and we showed a lot of character." Get me some of that gangsta $hit that Kashtan is smoking...
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldFootballNews/idUKL639805620080906

3. wc2010isr

wc2010isr New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    i was refering to kashtans Discipline. He had no motivation on the team at all. Thanks to Yossi, he took the game into hands and showed what a captain does for his role. His goal gave us a chance to belive were still in it and a direction into his own formation guided us to a draw. setting a counter line you can say if his own with strikers sahar in between with barda across was lethal.

Colautti did an amazing job, his control of the ball and use of his body and legs is excellent but with a tactic of 4-5-1 was pointless with him up front. He had no chance to shine, he was well gaurded, at points he was strangled with 3 defenders. all the passings to him was to far to reach, hes not Barda, his speed isnt capable of reaching those passes. and those long and high kicks from awat was to hard to cover. from the begining of the game i was wondering wat was the point of kashtan to use him up front with this style of game.

4. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    interesting how this game against the swiss was just like the wcq of 06 with a 2-2 tie in israel. It also had a late late goal by israel just like the ireland game in israel. Israel have come back in the past 2 down just like in dublin during those qualifiers. I hope this time we win a top team and they ******** up against the minnows.

the last qualifiers was the first time we really didn't fuk up against a bottom team,,,, other than keeping that going, I think greece and the swiss will break eachother. We need a big game against the swiss on the road.

Good luck to our boys.

--Ami

5. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Reminds me of our away game in Hoffenheim, when Roberto was the only striker in a 4:5:1 as well.

6. wc2010isr

wc2010isr New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    howd that game go for Roberto? it could actualy be that hes good for that formation and theres something i dont understand about it.

7. David-G

David-G Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Miami
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

No, he's not good for that formation. He can hold up the ball decently but doesn't nearly have the speed to play as a single striker.

8. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The problem is that our manager obviously decided to play a 4:2:3:1 or even 3:3:3:1/4:2:1:3 this season after the signings of Alberman & Bradley, what could be a problem for Roberto if he suits only into a 4:4:2 system. Rob Friend is clearly striker Nr. 1 at the moment ... so it seems that Colautti & Neuville will have to hope for a change to the old "2 strikers" system from last season in order to get a spot among the "starting eleven".

So far about this "off topic" discussion.

PS: What system did Maccabi Haifa play with Colautti?

9. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany