Israel vs. Ireland [R], FIFA World Cup Qualifying Round, 26.03.2005

Discussion in 'Israel: National Teams' started by MHaifa1913, Feb 13, 2005.

1. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Please seek me, I can give you my adress and please set me on the right path, i beg you, you son of a bitch

2. HapoelFanNYC

HapoelFanNYC New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    israel
    hello everyone, i am new here on these boards, but i just wanna say that i am really excited towards the games coming up tomorrow and wednesday and i hope we can pull it off and finally live the dream.

go israel! be ezrat ha shem

3. CJHaughey

CJHaughey New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello folks,

I hope you don't mind me posting on your forum.

I've been looking forward to this game for a long time - a huge game for both countries. I hope it's entertaining, but more than anything I hope we can take something away with us in points. We are more than aware of the capabilities of the current Israel team (cheering on your every touch of the ball in Paris last year) and I am sure Brian Kerr (Republic's mgr) has taken note of the dangers of Yossi Benayoun. The home support will be fantastic and I'm sure both sets of fans will mingle without incident. We need a big performance from our lads and most realistic Ireland supporters would take a draw right now. Landsdowne Road (Dublin) is our fortress, it will be a completely different match there.

Enjoy the game, I'm on tenderhooks here waiting for tomorrow's kick off.

4. David30

David30 New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Phoenix,Az
    First time poster hear. There is common trend between Israel's under 21's and national team. When the under 21's win the older team wins and vice versa . Last match versus cyprus the under 21's won 1-0 followed by a 2-1 victory for the national team. Following Israel's under 21 3-1 victory over Ireland i predict a 3-2 victory for blues. In any event though Ireland is far more talented it takes a total team effort to win. I like the idea of starting Omer Golan at the striker spot. Balili just misses too frequently and although Golan is a tad slower he makes up for it with hustle,determination and intellegience. There is talk of Tal and Katan not starting. They are part of the beast of the israeli premier league Haifa. How can you not include them?

5. yarok-ole!

yarok-ole! New Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Yea I'm A Haifa Fan! Ma Kore Eem Idan Tal Ve Katan! Kus Emek Grant! Teetorer Anachno Roztim Lehishstamesh Bo Rak Ba Mischak Haze

6. Wtf?

KYHS-

where r u man? i havent heard from u since u went to lan in tel aviv to pick up ur tickets 2 the qualifiers!

R&B T-A

7. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Great to hear respectful and intelligent posts - there are many idiots here. I hope the game will be fun and I hope that Israel and Ireland go through, I hope France will drop off, so I can truly be happy. Good luck to you and I hope Duff does not too much damage on our flanks

8. Orrin

Orrin New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Does anyone know what channels are showing the Israel vs Ireland game tomorrow?

9. 2keane

2keane New Member

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    WWW.SETANTA.COM....that should help you out....I'm in Los Angeles and will be watching at the Coock and bull in Santa Monica....couldn't spell the name right (thread wouldn't allow it)....just recently started doing this web chat stuff......wish the guys on the Ireland site were as friendly and welcoming as you guys........good luck to you tommorow (you will marvel at Duff's skill!!)

10. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Israel U21 Beat the Ireland U21

3-1 :D

and one of your start players (name) scored for us..

good job laddy :D

11. IranisGreat redded

Mar 25, 2005
    Israel Is GREAT!

I bow my head to you and yours!

12. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

im half Persian, so i get the best of both worlds ;)

13. Sagy

Sagy Member

Aug 6, 2004
    In North America, you can get it on the Dish network's Israeli Network (channel #656)

14. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

Xtasy and Ten in Channels 495 and 496 respectively :)

15. film2112

film2112 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sunny Los Angeles
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    1-1 FT ISR vs IRE

Am Israel Hei!!!!

16. David30

David30 New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Phoenix,Az
    I liked what i saw from Israel and felt they deserved to win. We couldn't take advantage of the our opportunities. But at least a 1-1 tie does not eliminate us which is great. I am sick of finishing second and i think Israel should aim for first.I believe due to Switzerland's previous results and their superior goal differential that it would be benefitial to Israel if the French beat the Swiss today. I also believe Cyprus is capable of drawing at home with Switzerland or Ireland which would put Israel in the driver's seat but obvious those games are still ahead of us. All this assuming Israel get's the job done in their upcoming games and they can manage at a draw at Ireland and Switzerland by combining bunker defense with occasional counter attacks.

17. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Final Result

Israel 1-1 Republic of Ireland
    Fulltime

I just got back from the game and took plenty of pictures though I don't have a website to put them on in order to post them on BigSoccer.com. Does someone have one and I'll send them the pictures?

All in all Israel played a very uninspiring first half and the Irish really controlled the ball the entire match. Abbas Suan scored the goal for Israel on a backpass from Yaniv Katan that really seemed as though nothing would come out of it. I am just glad we didn't lose points this match but we must really up the tempo against the French on Wednesday. The crowd was good until Morrison scored in the third minute and they weren't very supportive on the west end though that could be blamed by the large amount of kids that were on that side too.

18. Bizh0

Bizh0 New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    http://www.imageshack.us

Make sure it's under 1mb

If you know how to reduce the size, great, if not, just open the pictures with Paint and save them as *.JPG

If you know your photoshop, resize them and save them for web :)

19. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw the game in a pub in the NYC area, Celtic Corner. I think this was the first time an Israel game was on US tv except for a meaningless friendly they had against the US in Florida about 10 years ago. The bar crowd was overwhelmingly Irish (3 for Israel, about 200 for Ireland), and very friendly. I think Israel got the draw in part because the Irish coach did not believe in substituting. Israel made 2 subs at 65' and one at 75'. Ireland only made one sub and it was at 85'. Fresh legs do help in the last ten minutes of any match.

Overall though I think that Ireland had the better talent and better passing and possession. But Ireland wilted after 80'. Israel hung in despite that early goal and kept fighting. I'm sure the fans had something to do with that effort.

I look forward to seeing Israel-France on same day delay on Wednesday. I just noticed that France and Switzerland ended 0-0.

20. pmannion

pmannion Member
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Newfoundland
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    We gifted you the point today. The consensus from the Irish fans/analysts is that you were awful, but because of our own ineptitude we decided to sit back, give you posession and not make any subs. We were conservative, and we gave away 2 points because of it.

I'm absolutly furious - it seems no one wants to win this group.

21. BorzUSA

BorzUSA New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    New York
    Hey! I was at Celtic Corner today also. I thought I was the only one pulling for Israel until about the 44th min(was the one wearing the blue Arsenal Henry kit) when a couple pro-israel supporters walked in. All in all, the crowd was very cool and I made a few Irish friends awfully quickly - it was great to be the only one making noise in the 91' min.

As far as the game all in all I was very disappointed by the israeli performance. I thought for a team playing at home they didnt control hardly any of the possession which hurt their attack b/c I believe I only saw 3 shots on goal, all in the second half - either way, ill take the 1 point and hope we can at least do the same against the French on Wednesday.

22. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Re: Final Result

www.photobucket.com

Go there...

You upload and they give you an account..when you do put up a picture they give you choices on how to put it on forum with the codes. Really great site...

can't wait to see the pictures from Ramat Gan...my 'x' hometown ;)

23. film2112

film2112 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sunny Los Angeles
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    No way IRE played poorly, you had possession of the rock more of the game than we did!!!!!

ISR had a pretty good game, and made me proud today. I had a lot of doubts going into this game, but I will go on record to say that this one of the best games I have seen our NT play in recent memory. Sure we missed two open shots inside the 16, but we pounded the IRE net with something like 12 shots ISR to 5 or 6 shots IRE.

I still de believe that IRE and ISR are the 2 best teams in the group, but IRE needs to shoot the bloody ball more in order to win, and use SUBS to relive tired players in the 65-80 minute mark.

24. jshnull

jshnull New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    NYC
    I think it is clear that the Irish have the best blend of performance and talent in the group. Furthermore It is clear that Ireland did not play up to its potential because if they had it would not have been much of a game. The Irish Republic had obviously done their homework. They expected and got a fast Israeli team that depends heavily on counter attacks. The last twenty minutes they played it conservatively by keeping posession. They surely felt that if they batted it around they could prevent an Israeli fast break. Glad it didn't work.

Now for Israel: While we weren't fantastic, aside from the screw up in the four minute the teams were relatively even. On the whole I think we should be proud. It used to be if Israel was behind we were done. But now we fight until the last second. Awat had no real difficulty with his saves. Our passing was unspeakably bad. And Tal's freekick should have been a goal. That was a world class save! The Saun's goal made my day. There were only four Israel fans at Churchill's in Miami but after that goal it sounded like 200. I would have loved to win but a tie is fair. Assuming we can tie France, we are in an excellent position to move on.

While I am not looking forward to playing in Ireland there is some good news. First we have some first hand Irish experience. Second both Roy Keane and Stephen Carr are out of the next game against Israel. Great news.

I would kill for pictures of the game. If anyone can help me out I would be deeply indebted. It was amazing to see 40,000 Israelis chanting and waving banners.

Now If only the US can pull out a win against Mexico!

Am Israel Chai

25. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Israel's Play

[​IMG]
    Match ticket for Israel vs. the Republic of Ireland

I thought that Israel were aweful. This match proved really how much Israel is lacking a true winger. Adoram Keisi who was constantly running towards my section on his flank looked too slow and never raised his head mostly just pounding the ball into the middle of the box and we were not going to win headers in my opinion.

Man, I can't take this digital camera. Most of my pictures came out a bit blurry. I need to get a new one. Well at least I got that free shirt from Pelephone for going to the game. Almost everyone wore the blue t-shirts that they received and it really helped the stadium look patriotic and reminded me of when the US played Costa Rica and everyone was wearing red. I think that was the match that Tab Ramos scored an amazing goal.

[​IMG]
    The east stand