Israel vs. Ireland [R], FIFA World Cup Qualifying Round, 26.03.2005

Discussion in 'Israel: National Teams' started by MHaifa1913, Feb 13, 2005.

1. pmannion

pmannion Member
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Newfoundland
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Like Slash said, they're better than the Welsh, with several fully professional teams. It is certainly a league on the up. Like I said, however, there won't be any League of Ireland players in our squad for March 26th, and our lineup will be all-Premiership. Possibly:

Shay Given (Newcastle United)
    Steve Carr (Newcastle) or Steve Finnan (Liverpool)
    Andy O'Brien (Newcastle) or Richard Dunne (Manchester City)
    Kenny Cunningham (Birmingham City)
    John O'Shea (Manchester United)
    Andy Reid (Tottenham)
    Kevin Kilbane (Everton)
    Roy Keane (Manchester United)
    Damien Duff (Chelsea)
    Clinton Morrison (Birmingham)
    Robbie Keane (Tottenham)

2. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While it is very impressive that these players ply their trade at such great institutions, I think that it is insignificant in comparison to the great talmudic scholars that we have produced over the thousands of centuries of persecution. Translation: we got nothing...

It is 04:15 here and I just got back from Ramat Aviv, basically chatting football at a cafe and we have all come to the conclusion that Israel winning the match will depend on a good supportive home crowd and spectacular team play. In order to get through the away fixture, a bunker defense like Greece in the Euro 2004 competition.

3. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

Thats good coming from someone from Beetawana ;)

We got plenty.... I just think we pulled off a great run and were not gonna let anything down. IF we got nothing, why bother buying tickets in the first place?

Im still expecting a 0-0 game, perhaps 1-1...maybe even 2-1 for Israel or undoubltably a 1-2 for Ireland. Fact of the matter is, i think Israel has a chance and can prove itself.....

Israel's goal is 2nd Place and we can accomplish this!

4. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    In fact he didn't even make the squad, he was named in the U21 squad for their match against Israel.

5. 2keane

2keane New Member

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    2ND PLACE!!!!!!????cmon you guys...never ever set a goal for second.....All we hear is France this and France that.....we don't care, our goal is 1st, as yours should be...If Greece can win the European Championship If the US hockey team can beat the Soviets...If the Mets of 69 can win....anything is possible....good luck to you...(accept against my boys in green)

6. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I want Israel to win, as long as Duff doesn't get injured.

7. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

We want reality..
    We got the lazy french who are the tubbs of the group who don't move...we finish cyprus with 6 points, we tied swiss and the swiss are biting on us...we should have beat them at home, but we tied! Ireland is the next up..and we got france...

the benefit is that we play our last 2 games against faroe islands. that is the best! 6 easy points..can make an Israel with 13 points per say jump up to 19 points....that could snap a 2nd place..

but eh! First is good too!

8. 2keane

2keane New Member

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Make your own reality!!...my reality is Ireland getting to the world cup finals by beating England 2-0...and then dispatching Brazil 1-0 in the final...why not.....never give up!!!

9. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1st Place

At least we're in first place in the intifada!

(That was a joke, please don't go into politics).

10. film2112

film2112 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sunny Los Angeles
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I agree with you sir, my reality is finishing 1st place atop our group.
    stranger things have happened.

11. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Israel: The horrible reality

This thread has become very interesting with how people are reacting to Israel's hopes of only reaching second place. My point was repeated this evening on the Sports News on Sport5+ here in Israel. A writer for Ma'ariv if memory serves me right, was saying how part of Israel's problem is believing that we don't have a chance. He pointed to the likes of Senegal, and other national teams who others said they didn't have a chance but their fans believed in them and they believed in theirselves.

My point that he reached was how these matches are really important. Because we already gave away crucial points to Switzerland at home, we have to win these next couple of home games. In fact, we must win all of our home games. The nations that do not qualify will be those that can't take care of the business at home. Every team seems to be expected to win at home, except for us. We seem to think that a point out of the two matches will be a success. Pathetic, with this line of thinking we will never make it out of qualifying in the next ten years.

12. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Re: Israel: The horrible reality

Relax :cool:
    We need a tie. Not a win, a tie!
    All we have to do is push up a tie against Ireland and France and perhaps we have a chance to win France and then possibly draw switzerland away and then wrap it up with 2 relaxing wins against Faroe Islands.

6 points can easily make Israel jump from a mere....11 points (lets say) to 17 points, possibly a spot in 2nd place if we cannot have the problem with scoring deficits....

13. pmannion

pmannion Member
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Newfoundland
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Kappa, how will you be following the match in Toronto?

14. film2112

film2112 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sunny Los Angeles
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    hello everyone,

I’m not sure if fans in the US can get the game otherwise, but this is a sure bet to watch the game LIVE:

The Israel Channel, channel 656, will be broadcasting the game live in the US. To get the game, call dish network:

1-800-333-3474

and ask to sign up for the "Israel Network".
    They may need to come out and install an additional dish for the "international" channels, like they did at my house. I recommend that you sign up ASAP because sometimes they take a week or more to come out and install the dish. The call center is open 24/7.

The good news is that with a small amount of prodding you should be able to get them to install the dish for free. Just tell them that you want to "try out" the international service and see if you like it. In many cases they will even comp you the first month of the Israel Network as a "demo"!

Hope this helps and enjoy the game :D

15. film2112

film2112 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sunny Los Angeles
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

kappa,
    we need a win not a tie. We cannot maintain a campaign of ties to take us to the WC! We have already relied on ties to a certain degree to maintain our position. We have a PRIME opportunity to win a couple at home. We should have won the damn SUI game but did not. We have FRO as a back up for later in the campaign but that can not be our "plan."

ps kappa get on the im chat once in a while i just signed up -- as
    "bumbleclot2112"

pps has anyone seen the new reality show "the models"? one of the judges told a contestant that her face looked like a catastrophe!

16. crazy_daniel

crazy_daniel New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    first of all of course we need a win but
    first of all we hope to take the 3 place
    for better qulifiactions in next years

17. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

YES! Infact, i have Israeli satelite, so i will watch the game...i got both Irish (ill have to see) and Israel channels!

But i may be temped to go into an Irish pub and watch the game, wear my Israeli Uniform and be spat on with non-stop anti-semetic remarks...that is gonna be something..

oo hey!
    Happy St. Patty's day PMannion!!! :D

18. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    HAHAHA!

You have to go threw dealers while Kappa gets it squat free! hehehe get FTA satelite, soooo good! Sooo good, unfortunately i still have the card, but noooooo more :mad:

and when there is breaks in the game, turn from 656 to 495 if you know what i mean ;)
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

19. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

I know, i am counting alot on the Faroe Island games, since it will be an easy 6 points, unlike how we messed up in Malta with a 2-2 vs. amatures.

Im just scared thats all...
    We can get a win in Israel, but i doubt it! We should have a good mentality...but the Irish are just too damn good!

20. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    And you don't think Ireland, France and Switzerland will also get 6 points there?

BTW, don't take 6 points to the bank either. The Faroes occasionally pull off upsets. They drew 2-2 with Scotland in the recent Euro qualifiers and with Slovenia for WC '02, and drew 0-0 with Sweden in a friendly. Also in the WC '02 qualifiers, they only lost 1-0 away to Russia and Switzerland.

21. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

As long as there in last place, behind a more depressive squad, cyprus, i can expect the best. And infact, Cyprus will be experimenting, and if they use the U21 team, they have a pretty good force, so once again, 6-12 points (pending on who) might be on the line between Cyprus and Faroe Islands for all..

but were thinking logical here...

22. jshnull

jshnull New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    NYC
    Look, the reality of football and one of the reasons I love it is its unpredictability. You never can really know what can happen in any given game. Look is no doubt the underdog against Ireland but we are playing at home with upwards of 40,000 crazed pro-Israel fans. If we can win or tie and win or tie against France on the 30th we really are in excellent shape in our group. I think Israel can win against the Irish Republic and the frogs. They are likely underestimating our ability even though we have showed we can score against other euro teams.

I'll be watching the game undoubtedly with a bunch of drunken irish fans but its all part of the game.

Am Israel Chai!

23. pigstrotters

pigstrotters Red Card

Feb 20, 2005
    So u hate the arabs and french and now your stereotyping the irish as a pack of drunks....israel thy name is racism.

24. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Are you ********ing high :eek: you have nothing else better to do than bash everything that is said here.

25. pigstrotters

pigstrotters Red Card

Feb 20, 2005
    God has told me to seek out israeli racists and set them on the right path.