Israel vs. Eesti Vabariik (Estonia) [R], UEFA Euro 2008, Qualifying Round, 02.09.2006

Discussion in 'Israel: National Teams' started by keller4president, Apr 18, 2006.

1. film2112

film2112 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sunny Los Angeles
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    My goodness we have alot of work ahead of us with our NT...

2. YossiFan

YossiFan New Member

Jul 15, 2006
    London
    Apparantly, the conditions at the game were horrible - very rainy and muddy. I know Israel didn't play that well, but away games in Eastern Europe in mud and rain aren't easy and Israel came away with all three points. Besides, look around at some of the other European results, Netherlands only managed a 1-0 'away' victory at Luxembourg and Italy - world champions - drew 1-1 with Lithuiana. The positive thing is hopefully Israel will bolster the goal difference and get some confidence running against Andorra at 'home'.

3. israel972

israel972 New Member

May 30, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Estonia are a very difficult team at home, this is a team that earned 17 points in 2006 World Cup Qualifying. They tied Russia at home, beat Latvia, and only lost 1-0 at home to Portugal. I expect at least one of the other 3 big teams in the group (russia, croatia, england) to drop points in Estonia.

4. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    You both make excellent points. I'm very relieved that estonia didn't make one of those goals....they had some definete goals which they missed.

5. mvp1523

mvp1523 New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    los angeles
    Re: Israel vs. Eesti Vabariik (Estonia) [R], UEFA Euro 2008, Qualifying Round, 02.09.

yea im very unimpressed by the national teams performance, but its only the first game. its typical of israel to play poorly against the weaker teams and then step it up against the greats when everythign is on the line (see world cup qualifying). anyway im hoping to win at least 3-0 or 4-0 against andorra as im leaving school for two hours just to see it. its at ten am Los angeles time correct???

6. israel972

israel972 New Member

May 30, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Re: Israel vs. Eesti Vabariik (Estonia) [R], UEFA Euro 2008, Qualifying Round, 02.09.

theres no reason to be unimpressed

its a very good result

estonia tied russia, beat latvia, and only lost 1-0 to portugal at home in wc germany 2006 qualifying

the andorra game is 10 am pacific

7. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    Israel played poorly against estonia,,, but like someone mentioned it was their first game and estonia's second. Israel must and will get better, even though many expect a bold win by us against andorra,,,the game is not in Israel and it's supposed to be our home game....that will make it more difficult.

Our strikers need to be more aggressive, in exception to collautti who appeared on a mission in estonia.

midfielders need to control the ball better, Idan Tal and company need to not loose the ball and control it better, especially against the weaker teams

defenders.....need to stop those mistakes which lead to goal oppertunities, I was surprized by some of the goal oppertunities estonia had,,, other teams won't miss those chances.

8. israel972

israel972 New Member

May 30, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada

they did play poorly

but they got the result....which is more important than anything

it shouldnt matter where we play andorra if we dont win convincingly we dont deserve to qualify

prediction:

Israel 4-0 Andorra