Israel/Palestine in the News, Part IV

Discussion in 'International News' started by JBigjake, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The isreali public when polled actually side with a much more equitable two state solution plan then any isreali politican has ever offered or even put on the table. The problem is most are completely disillusioned with the peace process, apathetic about politics or more concerned about kitchen table issues then a intractable conflict. Those who are invovled in the process are those most to gain or lose in the peace process and political life (settlers, ultra-orthodox, security Hawks, Russian Immigrants) this is why isreal has moved rightward. Most in isreal could give two craps about West Bank and Gaza might as well be Siberia.

2. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Or they can all move back to their countries of origins, be it Europe, Middle East, US or elsewhere. Then we will have peace and muslims will stop killing other non-muslims and muslims alike.

3. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    [​IMG]

El Chuma repped this.
  4. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Yeah that would be good, if Hamas's negotiators demanded death to all Jews. Trouble is, they don't. israel is the one usually killing innocent people, not Hamas.

Let's see if "all Jews" can avoid their instinct to start another war before the elections.

LosBlanc0ss and Waliatiger repped this.
  5. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Well, if Hamas had that option or the capability. Umar, don't stop dreaming...

6. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to umar all people in gaza are innocents, even hamas terrorists.

7. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Happy new year kids.

Waliatiger and yasik19 repped this.
  8. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Perhaps, on this note, it's time to start Part V, after 2 years & >4K posts in this thread.

9. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Or not. -__-

10. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Too late!!!

11. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    [​IMG]

12. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003

13. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Dennis Ross [​IMG]

Why are their two threads? We already get more then enough bullshit from the zionist apologists. Again Dennis Ross:ROFLMAO:!

Umar repped this.
  14. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999

15. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Yep, Dennis Ross. the man actually in the room during negotiations and privy to as much information as anyone. I know facts don't fit your narrative so you try to discredit the person, but he has been backed up by others that were there including President Clinton.

16. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    You are talking about Dennis Ross, the "neutral" US Jewish "mediator" who used to check things with the israelis beforehand during negotiations? Might as well ask Netanyahu what he thinks of the whole situation.

17. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Who knows who those people REALLY support, right? Like that Jewish zionist defender Glenn Greenwald!

18. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I can find you a Palestinian Muslim who is pro-israel, doesn't mean they are representative of all Palestinian Muslims. If you are Jewish, you are more likely than not to support israelis over Palestinians, Greenwald or no Greenwald.

If you are picking a mediator from the US, a Jewish mediator is not the best of ideas. Especially not one like Dennis Ross who is an advocate for israeli policies and not some independent and objective third party.

The US is not seen to be a fair mediator in the conflict and picking Ross as a mediator is an example of the reason why.

19. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    You can argue that Ross wasn't independent as much as you want; I wasn't debating that. But indicating explicitly that he's not independent because he's a Jew is nothing less than the implication that all Jews serve their true master and an extension of the ancient* bullshit "divided loyalties" canard. You should be better than that. But then, you are Muslim.**

*Well, ancient in the West. Very present in many other parts of the world.

**See what I did there?

20. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    This isn't a "serving of master" relationship. This is a "bias (possibly unknown bias even to Ross) in favour of kith and kin" situation. Same as when, I dunno, defence attorneys might seek to remove women from a rape trial jury panel issue.

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    So that means you think Glenn Greenwald is biased towards Israel. Got it.

And since that's obviously bullshit, so was your implication.

22. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    No. That's your interpretation.

My interpretation means that if I pick any random Jewish person and ask them their views on israel, it would be more likely than not that he or she would be supportive of israel. Are you disagreeing?

23. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    You're trying really hard to run from the issue. You indicated that Ross was not impartial BECAUSE he was Jewish, despite the fact that he was working for the US government and following orders from his boss, who was decidedly not Jewish. There's nothing else to be said.

24. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Its not entirely bullshit though. aipac-jews certainly have divided loyalties. And Dennis Ross is a documented aipac-jew. lol