Israel/Palestine in the News, Part IV

Discussion in 'International News' started by JBigjake, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  2. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  3. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL this coming from a guy who claims the Soviets were the best masters ever!

4. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Truth hurts, but the sooner you and your like minded bigots accept it, there might be a chance for real peace.

5. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Damn thread to thread stalker.

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  6. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's all you've got huh? Even though I have been in these threads far longer than you.

7. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Dude I know your M.O it has already been Pm to me what your true Intentions are and the type of hateful rants you have gone on. I am not here to pick e-fights with strangers but to discuss the issues of the day in a civil way. If you want to get have disagreements fine but if you want to get personal that is your preogrative . I will just put you on ignore.

8. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL sure ok bud. I don't get personal here. I stick to facts and back up my assertions and statements with facts. Some people don't like the facts that I present and that's fine. As for hateful rants, yeah ok sure whatever.

Anyway, back to real world. Abbas is saying he will end ties with Israel if he doesn't get his way in the UN. Such a petulant child.

http://news.yahoo.com/abbas-says-cut-ties-israel-un-move-fails-153630808.html

Abbas has failed as leader in the PA. He can't even unit his own people. Hamas continues to brutalize fatah members in Gaza and Abbas does nothing about it. Its a sad state of affairs there. In all honesty there should just be a de facto acceptance of a nation of Palestine based on the current borders of the West Bank and Gaza. The UN should make that recognition and to hell with Israel and the PA if they don't like it.

Once that is done Israel should withdraw all checkpoints and troops from the west bank. Any settlers there can stay and be part of Palestine or move back too Israel. The dispute over the final borders can then be worked out after these steps are taken. Though the 67 border pipe dream isn't going to happen. Thats like Germany asking for the 1939 borders to be restored.

9. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Abbas has bent over backward and in the West Bank and what has he received for that nothing. Just more settlements, land seizures, checkpoints and militarily occupation. The Israelis do not want a two state solution and neither should any Palestinian leader. Especially if that state is accepts thr current political, security and territorial situation in the West Bank and Gaza. There will never be peace unless these conditions are made

1.return to the Green Line and the 1967 borders
    2. Dismantlement of all settlements
    3. Palestinian right of return
    4. Full territorial, political and security integrity of an independent palestinian state.

All of these means nothing however because Israel will not allow it. This conflict will end once Isreal is no longer receiving the unconditional backing of the most powerful nation on earth and free access to EU markets for goods. Isreal will only come to the table once they are isolated and alone until then The dream of Jueda and Samria is alive and well.

Umar repped this.
  10. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Each side wants concessions that the other side refuses to offer.
    Israel wants peace. Palestinians want, at a minimum, the 1967 borders restored.
    Would any Israel political leader propose to restore the 1967 borders?
    Would any Palestinian leader propose a permanent end to hostilities?
    The extremes on both sides would prevent this.
    Meanwhile, Israel enlarges incrementally, while Palestine continues to posture & fester.

Mr. Conspiracy repped this.
  11. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    And I want Santa Clause with a reindeer to bring me a new Bugatti. Makes as much sense as above...

12. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Then your people will never gave peace it's as simple as that.

13. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    We are doing just fine. Thanks

14. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Not living in a nation that is perpetually at war, on edge fearful of its security and future. Happy Hanukkah .

15. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Come for a visit, you'll see. You might even enjoy it.

16. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Israel? I am a traveler I go on summer vacations ever year so crap why not. I heard Tel Aviv is a great party spot lol.

17. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
  18. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  19. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
  20. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  21. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  22. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Nope. The Israel street now realizes that the left's compromises, despite how far they went, didn't lead to a deal and that there is no deal that the Palestinians will accept that leaves Israel secure as a Jewish state. Palestinian actions have resulted in the movement of Israeli opinion to the right.

23. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Let's not confuse actions with responses. The israelis have apparently only "learnt their lesson" now. Hamas and other Palestinians learned that lesson earlier - they realised in the 1990's that the PLO's bending over for israel resulted in greater oppression instead of greater independence, and so they shifted their position in response to israeli intransigence.

There has been a deal on the table since the 1980's. It involves formal recognition of israel by the Arab states in return for israeli withdrawal to the pre-67 lines and a just resolution of the refugee issue. If the israelis aren't keen on taking it up, don't blame the Palestinians.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  24. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That deal has been on the table prior to that!! Yet the Israelis have created a situation where that deal could never happen so peace will never happen. Then they can blame the Palestinians for not being good Bantustan homeland puppet partners in their apartheid game.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.