Israel/Palestine in the News, Part II

Discussion in 'International News' started by JBigjake, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    So peace has been reached? Excellent.

2. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Odessit stop playing innocent, over the past year you have supported the idea of expulsion of all Arab Israelis out of Israel and the expulsion of Palestinians out of the West Bank.

3. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well crap. That didn't last long...

:p ;)

4. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    With you Yasik, we always have peace. On a footballing scale, please refer to my thread in the Arsenal forum!!!

5. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Fair enough. For a change you say something that makes sense. :)

6. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Going to be a very interesting game.

7. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    I'm sure you're confident!!! :mad::D

8. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    more:
    CLICK

9. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Painful congratulations!!

10. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Thanks. It seems Drogba has your number, that's for sure.

11. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Great standards of living for Palestinians..... :rolleyes:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1148787.html
    Expulsion without trucks

About eight of the 40 families from Dhaher al-Maleh have left their tiny village and have gone to live on the eastern side of the separation fence. They could no longer bear the Israeli ban on building houses.

Neither could they bear the other restrictions and prohibitions that the fence and its planners have imposed on them: They were forbidden to have relatives and friends visit; forbidden to get ill or have babies at night, when the gate is closed; forbidden to bring large quantities of food home, as big families require; forbidden to link their homes up with the electricity grid; and they were forbidden to build a clinic - restrictions and prohibitions to the point of suffocation.

12. daisrael

daisrael Red Card

Sep 20, 2006
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So tell us about life in the internment camps in Jordan and Syria and Lebanon. How are your fellow muslims and arabs treating the palis?

13. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just like the Israelis treat them... as pawns in their geopolitical game. Instead of as humans.

14. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    You mean like provide them with water, electricity, natural gas - and thaty's for PA territories and of course in Israel, grant them citizenship, voting rights, their own political party, etc...
    Yep, same thing.

15. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. The Israelis have been real humanitarians...

16. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Ahh, moving the goal posts when proven to be a jackass...

And yeah, they have.

17. daisrael

daisrael Red Card

Sep 20, 2006
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's fine, but it would be nice if those anti-israeli's around here would acknowledge that fact. My stance is that things need to improve and I would start by making the West Bank the de facto nation of Palestine. Remove all Israeli checkpoints and the like and see how things progress from there.

It should be pointed out that the palis in those arab countries have it just as bad, if not quite worse then they do in Israel.

18. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, they haven't. And I didn't move anything. The Israeli government is responsible for the inhuman conditions and restrictions to basic human rights to which they subject the Palestinian people under their authority. Which is approximately half the Palestinians in the world.

Israel is, by policy and by force, keeping 5 million people in political and economic poverty in order to achieve their own ends, be they geopolitical security or religious dingbattery.

19. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Look, when you're comparing Palestinians living in refugee camps in Lebanon, Syria, Jordan to their lives under Israeli "control," it is dishonest to compare two scenarios as thie lives are much better in one case than the other any way you slice it. In the 80's and mid 90's WB had the highest per capita GDP and way of live than any other Arab nation in ME, why is that?

20. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. International aid. Simply put, Palestinians outside of the occupied territories are out of sight, out of mind of the international community.

2. Income from working for Israelis in domestic and other low-skill labor capacities. At least when they're allowed to pass through check points. Or for work like building homes for Jewish settlers in the WB. Palestinians in Syria, Lebanon, etc. are refugees and, by law (if not reality), can't hold jobs in the local economy.

21. daisrael

daisrael Red Card

Sep 20, 2006
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, at the same time though, we have to recall that many of these people stuck in these internment camps are living 60 people to a home built for 12. And these "refugees" are labeled as such because of actions by the Govt. of Egypt, Lebanon, Syria and Jordan. They are as much to blame for the situation as anyone for starting the wars they did, and had they beaten Israel you still wouldn't have any nation of Palestine. It would be split between Jordan and Egypt.

We all hear that this refugee situation is caused by Israel not giving land over for a nation of Palestine, but that is only an aspect of a much larger problem. The fact is Israel gets blamed more because they are a non-muslim nation.

22. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    It's not so much

it's more along the lines of "not letting them back into their houses or land".

23. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Touche. Blame is on those Arab nations that attacked Israel in '48-'73. Plus aftr wars how many people came back to their homes when they were displaced? Just ask Germans, Poles, Fins...

refugees will never go back - EVRERYONE who is rational knows this so stop playing this useless card.

24. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Much simpler - they are treated as sh#t by Arabs, where in Israel they are full citizens. What happens in PA territories should not be Israel's responsibility, although like I said they already provide most utilities to thier "friendly" neighbors.

25. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    So I take it that you agree that people who "start wars" and are displaced have no right to return to the land, say 2000 years later?