Israel helps the United States evacuate Americans

Discussion in 'International News' started by Amerikaki, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,204078,00.html

I think its great to see a nation working to protect the citizens of its Ally. Military cooperation can be a beautiful thing.

2. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I would hope that this was not even discussed as Israel owes much to US. However, good to see them doing the right thing anyways.

If mods want to, they can probably merge this with the rest of this ME conflict thread.

3. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    And to think: the only thing Israel promised to France was not to blow their evacuation boats out of the water. It's great to be an American!

Let's get real, guys. Israel's going to make damned sure nothing happens to any country's evacuation boats. This is well-cooked propaganda.

4. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Very true and I hope everyone can get ouf there in one piece. Hopefully Hezbollah does not make a mistake and tries to shoot any of these evacuation boats.

Hey, Israel never promised the french such a thing :D

5. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Shame they're not helping anyone else.

6. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I have not read anything that showed Israeli action to provide any kind of compensation towards the relatives of Brazilian and Canadian nationals killed by its fiery attack on Lebanon. In fact, one of the Brazilian victims was an 8-year-old boy who died in his sleep.

And as for Americans getting out of Lebanon, this Reuters article shows SOME Americans are willing to criticize Israel.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsA...c=071806_1635_TOPSTORY_americans_flee_lebanon

7. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saying that Israel is helping implies that our government is doing something as well to get our citizens out.

[​IMG]

8. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens
    Nice of you to get WAYYYYY off topic.

By the way, I have not read anything that showed Argentinian, Lebanese or Iranian action to provide any kind of compensation towards the relatives of Israeli and American Jewish Nationals killed by Hezbollah's murderous and appalling attack on a Buenos Aires Jewish Center killing hundreds. In fact, many of the victims were young children.

9. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Could be worse, they could have been in NO last year.

10. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Time for Dad to hit the MAC machine for $500 cash & hire a cab to drive the family to Damascus, as many others have done. Or the parents can continue to sit on their asses holding signs until they are on the wrong end of a missle attack.

11. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Ya see, I'll let you into a secret - thats the difference between an Internationally recognised nation state that is a member of the UN and a Terrorist Organisation. One has to take responsibility for it's actions in the International World as it is suppossed to be setting an example, the other is a terror organisation that has no official responsibility. Unfortunatly over the past few days it's becoming more difficult to tell the two apart.........

12. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I see, so Israel = Hezbollah, right...
    at least that's not what your PM thinks or any other G8 leaders...

You might not agree with what Israel is doing, you might not agree that what they are doing helps ME crisis, you might think that bombing Syria is the better alternative, but to compare Hezbollah and Israel is not just wrong, but disgustingly immoral.

13. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Don't blur my words please, we've had good discussion on the other thread. My words were that the actions of both Hezbollah and Israel are very similar over the past few days, in fact Israel has killed many more civilians than Hezbollah. If one were to forget names and just look at actions from the past say 5 days, it would be very difficult to distuingish between a terror organisation and a nation state that is a full member of the UN and backed by the US......

14. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens
    Israel has killed civilians during its operations against Hezbollah, yes. The difference is that Hezbollah intentionally targets civilians and is fighting for its survival so that it can carry out more attacks against civilians in the future. Israel is fighting to end Hezbollah's attacks on civilians. You must also realize that Hezbollah has started this conflict and it is responsible for all Lebanese civilian casualties. Additionally, you have to realize that Hezbollah = Iran and if you're looking for an independent Nation represented in the United Nations to take responsiblity for its actions, look to Iran. Keep in mind that the leader of this nation represented in the United Nations has repeatedy called for the destruction of another state represented in the United Nations. Who is doing anything? Not Iran, Not Europe, certainly not the United Nations. In fact, the only country taking responsiblity in this whole mess is Israel. Israel is dropping leaflets asking civilians to leave south lebanon and to stay away from hezbollah rocket launchers. Hezbollah (Iran) does not let them do so.