Israel Conflict: Your Solution?

Discussion in 'International News' started by The_ChelseaSupporter, Jan 15, 2009.

1. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since everyone here seems to love discussing this issue, I'm curious to see people's ideas on this matter.

How would you stop the violence, and what do you think the two sides should do to solve their differences?

This is not a thread for bashing, name-calling, or posting links to 'articles' from propoganda sites. This is a thread for collaboration and for people to see eye-to-eye on the issue.

I also want to state that I am pro-Israel, so my views are probably biased so I will try to run this thread as evenly as I can.

2. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Israel and Palestine should be fenced off by a multinational force and no one should be allowed to live there.

Problem solved.

3. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After further searching I found a thread that was almost exactly the same.

A mod can close this if they want, or maybe merge it, hehe. :eek:

4. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Yeah, but this is a thread without name calling, bashing or links to bogus articles. That excludes everyone but you and Matt.

5. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  6. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we're allowed to make suggestions irregardless of the political and logistical realities, I'd suggest two steps to start with:

1) Eliminate Hamas, while requiring that Fatah (or whatever new Palestinian political group replaces it) recognize Israel's right to exist (and actually behave and govern in a way consistent with such a belief);

2) Get rid of every settlement in the West Bank.

Those would be a good start.

7. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have the U.S. and the E.U. tell Jordan to live up to their promise from 1949 of taking in the people from the area who cannot stand to live with a Jewish neighbor.

8. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    I would have everyone live under one secular government. Adopt a similar constitution to the US where it will give each citizen his free rights whether he's Muslim, Christian or Jewish. The fact is what people must realize is that we must all coexist and there is no other way around it except maybe killing each other which IMO is barbaric and counter productive.

9. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Jordan must have balked when they figured out how many people that would be

10. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do you think that the great Mahmoud of Iran would accept that? We'll reach enlightenment only under the Sharia! :)

11. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jordan already expelled the palestinians once before.

Black September

12. bobbybhoy1

bobbybhoy1 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    in a State of Grace
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    1)Not for nothing but wasn't Hamas democratically elected?

2)could you imagine the turmoil that would cause?

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I think that is why BRF said "irregardless of the political and logistical realities." ;)

The ONLY solution that could and (corss my fingers) will work is 2-state solution.

But really, I'm afraid this thread will eventually look like all the other threads on this topic.

IM's post about his Federation idea in 5.....4......3.......

14. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Yes, they were democratically elected, and to a certain degree I understand what the original appeal was. But they are a cancer and they must go.

2. As I said, my suggestions were purely idealistic. At any rate, I certainly see the turmoil that their very existence helps perpetuate.

15. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    Wasn't Hitler democratically elected? If Hamas doesn't stop using peoples lives as a human shield and a form of propaganda to push their political agenda, then there won't be any Palestinians left in Gaza.

16. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    That's the excuse, Hamas using people as human shields. That's how the Israelis justify the killings of the innocent. Completely pathetic. The fact is that is far from the truth.

17. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    oh come on, this is too easy.

18. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    No what's easy is Abromovich buying every decent player and winning the championship with a plastic fan club, now that's easy. :D

19. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Dude, we have Malouda.

20. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    well I guess you're right... ha ha ha

21. bobbybhoy1

bobbybhoy1 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    in a State of Grace
    Club:
    Celtic FC

1) Not to be argumentative (I'm pro-Palestinian) but how could you sell to the people of Gaza getting rid of Hamas? they were democratic elected(Bush was told by the world not go ahead with elections) then everyone said were taking our ball and going home?
    Not to make a Irish analogy but for years the British told the world they wouldn't talk to Sinn Fein but fast-forward now and I would say the biggest reason for the advancement of peace in N.Ireland is the very fact that Sinn Fein was brought into the peace process?

2)I just cant see it ...isn't there like 600+ check points and how many settlements?..Israel wants peace but they build more settlements and some guy who just drop off a plane from the Ukraine,Russia..Poland has more rights then anyone from the W.Bank or Gaza..I'm with a 2-state solution but does Israel really want it or better yet folks like Likud want it..I mean for every nut in Hamas there is its equal like Moshe Feiglin

22. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Israel have tried talking to Hamas. They refuse to negotiate as their whole basis is the destruction of Israel. Contrary to common belief, Israel does not want Hamas or Palestinians destroyed. We want the Palestinians to stop firing rockets into Israel and if it means the destruction of Hamas, so be it. I feel bad for the Palestinian people, but if they didn't think the sacrifice was worth it, they could just vote out Hamas, which I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I know that many people just want Israel dissolved as a state but sorry pal that's never going to happen. Now I agree that Israel has done some bad things themselves, but that is not a reason do wipe them out, as a few of my fellow 'liberals' would like. :eek:

It is of my opinion that Israel is the ONLY place in the world that my people are genuinely safe. Everywhere else, with the possible exception of the U.S., Jews have been persecuted and killed. I do not believe in 'divine right' or whatever, but if your people were constantly being killed wouln't you want to create your own country. The perfect scenario is where Jewish and Palestinian Israelis can live side-by-side peacefully. Palestinians, contrary to popular belief, are not being systematically marched off to death camps in Israel and never have been. They in fact, are given pretty much equal rights as Jewish people, and pretty much always have been. Sure, non-Israeli Palestinians are not granted free citizenship, but that's like saying that Indians should be kicked out of the U.S. because they're given tribal benefits and are allowed to live on reservations. I would love to see Israel and Palestine join and form a united, secular state, but that is not happening with all of the extremists on both sides and with outside countries funding terrorists. A solution is possible, but people need to get smarter. Palestinians need to take the first step and stop firing rockets into Israel and electing a government who's platform is the destruction of a neighbor people. The human race may be doomed otherwise.

23. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said.
    [​IMG]

24. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But don't forget that Sinn Fein wasn't the proxy of another country that isn't interested in a peace process / "2 states" solution.

I think that every person with brain knows that Israel will have to make concessions and abandon all the settlements built during the Sharon era (and also before)! It surely won't be easy to convince the settlers to give up their homes ... but fact is that it has to happen. I'm sure that not only the EU, but also the USA & Russia are going to pressure the Israeli government (even if it should be Likud) to do this, hence.

25. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From a United States perspective, we should follow the Ron Paul position, and that is for America to stay the hell out of the whole thing, and let Israel and her neighbors work something out.

Every President in recent memory has said he would do something about the turmoil in the region. And every President has failed.

Hopefully Mr. Obama has learned the lesson.