Israel buys upgraded subs to counter Iran threat

Discussion in 'International News' started by Scarecrow, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060823/wl_mideast_afp/mideastisraeliran_060823095602

A very smart move by Israel to buy second strike capable weapons. I wonder when we will hear everyone condemn Germany for selling these subs to Israel.

2. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    And I wonder when we will hear the condenmantion that Germany deserves for selling Israel the Dolphin submarines, not just these which won't be delivered until after 2010, but also the 3 that were delivered to Israel already and which are meant to allow Israel to have the capability to strike Iran with nuclear weapons. (The US helped Israel refit the Dolphin submarines in its arsenal to allow them to carry nukes, and yet it has the temerity to carry on a campaign against Iran based on the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty!)

3. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again if Iran did nothing to Israel and is attack with Nukes. A lot of the world would side with Itan and if the Arabs versus Jews cannot get along. Some Arab countries will eventually have nuclear capablities. That is also a part of a democratic society. I just hate to say contamentation of water supplies before the mining efforts in outerspace! In 500 years, battle fields could be on a war planet and it could be televised throughout universe!

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well I do not believe you that the US refit those subs.
    It seems many sources say the subs will be operational in the near future, while I see that reports say the subs won't be delievered until 2010, that is subject to change.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1154525926927&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull
    These subs are far superior to the kilo class junk bought from North Korea by iran.

These subs will be in the Israeli Navy by next year.

5. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    One day, everyone in Mid East will have one nuke on the hand.

6. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    what a funny title the article has.. looking at the price paid by Israel I don't see how you can call this a purchase! it is more like a gift... I am sure German tax payers just like Palestinians await the day that Israelis would stop blackmailing the world for WWII crimes..

7. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    link? Or just your opinion?

8. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    at least read the article before posting in the thread :rolleyes:

9. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    The West continues to reward Israel for bad behaviours! They treat Israel like a child with permenant handicap, and always try to keep her "happy" by giving her goodies even when she has been bad. Of course this child will grow up to be a spoiled brat even as an "adult".

10. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    If your country wants to have the bomb and use it against Isreal be my guest. You won't need that night light to type your propaganda when your town is glowing in the dark for the next 50 years.

11. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Is any Israeli leader publicly calling for the destruction of Iran?
    link? I only found one article in a websearch. It apparently appeared in the Guardian in 2003. I question its accuracy. http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/10-11-2003-46402.asp

12. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Thank G-d the US has moral clarity on this.

13. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    LOl, even Ahmadinejad is tired of the Israel crying wolf every second on the second:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060826/wl_mideast_afp/irannuclearpolitics_060826195756

14. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
  15. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    I do apologise for ze repeated misbehaviour of my country. Ve vill never learn.

16. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    This never ceases to surprise me.

Terrorist madman says Israel should be wiped off. We take terrorist madman at his word (let's not get into the technicalities; most important one being if what the terrorist man says becomes the policies and actions of the country; but also Israel should be wiped off doesn't actually equate to Jews should be driven into the sea but people make their own interpretation...I could explain it again but what's the point)

Terrorist madman says we don't wanna attack Israel (which is far more specific than the above point), and we don't take him seriously.

Selective screening by media outlets is one thing but selective screening in your brain?? I already pointed this out when the foreign minister of Iran after the terrorist madman made the comment put forward Iran's official policy of "abiding by the obligations under the Charter" which was pointing to the concept not attacking other nations.

Please stop making retarded comments. I don't normally respond but even responding to 1/100 of these is simply tiresome.

And arthur, if Germans stopped making mistakes they wouldn't be called Germans anymore. They'd be called Iranian. ;)

17. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You bet ! You've been speaking English like for years and you still have your accent ! :mad:

18. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Vat? I don't get ze point.

19. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Jews get all the breaks. :rolleyes:

20. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Right, it's possible Iran won't try to exterminate Israel. Gee, that's a load off my mind.

21. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
  22. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Israel spends more on defense as a percentage of GDP than any Western country even after all the aid. Israel would be far better off if they didn't need these subs!!

23. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    WOW, if you are waiting for me to make a statement like "I wish Europeans would have brutally murdered 6 million of my ancestors so we could get cool toys like this!!" then I won't recommend you holding your breath for that long... :rolleyes:

24. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Iran invented German mistakes.

25. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Wrong. Iran invented terrorism.