Isn't Columbus streak still intact?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Allamerican74, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    I know that Columbus lost to the Revs to "snap" the winning streak but doesn't it actually carry over to the next regular season? I'm still trying to grasp all of MLS rules and stuff but if it is similar to other sports what happens in the post season doesn't affect regular season numbers. Is that right?

2. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    Re: Isn't Columbus streak still in tact?

you simply call the crew's streak a "regular season streak"

3. leedsfan2004

leedsfan2004 New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Gainesville, FL
    Yeah, there streak should carry over to the next season, just like Arsenal did. But the MLS executive and admin., who do not really understand football, will probably see it as the end of their streak.

4. KCWiz

KCWiz New Member

May 8, 2003
    Manhattan, Kansas
    What does this have to do with football? I thought we were talking about soccer.

5. dice50

dice50 New Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Yeah the streak is still going on, just like if someone scored a bunch of goals in the post-season and that made him have more goals combined (regular and postseason) then whoever had more in ther regular season; he still wouldnt be the new scoring champion. I'm sure there are two different records, longest unbeaten streak (regular and postseason combined) and longest regular season winning streak (wich the Crew still have going)