Isn't anyone else concerned LA is not selling season tickets yet ??

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Sol' started by longtimesoccerdad, Jan 28, 2010.

1. longtimesoccerdad

longtimesoccerdad New Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Am I the only one that thinks it is strange that our team is not selling season tickets yet and no word on where the team will be playing this season ?? Also noticed that the website has yet to be updated with the new players from the draft, while most of the others have. With the ownership/coaching changes, just something to think about .... After all the season is just around the corner !!

2. SCCL

SCCL Member

Oct 31, 2001
    Yes, it is quite concerning. Especially since we know that AEG really does not want to continue owning the team. I thought we had heard, somewhere on BS, there was a sale going on??!!

3. ExVol

ExVol New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Charlie Naimo, the Sol's GM and Acting Coach, posted on Twitter some time back that the Sol would be playing at Home Depot Center this year. The problem is that they are #3 in the pecking order in terms of soccer tenants at HDC. The Galaxy, owned by AEG, and Chivas USA both play there also and have schedules that have to be settled first. Those MLS schedules typically don't get settled until February, because MLS has some teams that have multi-tenant conflicts with other sports that have priority and those other schedules don't get released until then. This year, there is the further confusion of the negotiations between the MLS and the players association for a new collective bargaining agreement, to replace the current one which expires in a few days. Until those negotiations settle, it seems unlikely that MLS will be willing to finalize schedules and that will impact the timing of when the Sol can finalize theirs.

4. SCCL

SCCL Member

Oct 31, 2001
    Although that shouldn't keep them from selling season tickets and listing their players, as other teams have done.

5. ExVol

ExVol New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair point on the web site. The Sol does not seem to put as much attention to their electronic "reach" (web site, social media, etc) as other WPS teams.

6. Michael Minnich

Jan 16, 2009
    Club:
    West Virginia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Peg Hopper

Peg Hopper Member

Aug 4, 2004
    On the Border
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no it's not, so the team doesn't exist anymore???

9. SCCL

SCCL Member

Oct 31, 2001
    Well, it is looking likely; but until WPS makes it official, it's not official. We've only heard it third party, a reporter got some information and ....

10. ExVol

ExVol New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since the LA Times has picked it up, it sounds pretty definite to me. I hope that the ownership group and/or the league at least gave some thought to the Sol franchise going public. It would take some time to get accomplished, but I think it could be possible and might be a viable means to preserve the entity in Southern California (although probably not at HDC). If anybody knows somebody in either the ownership group or the league office who wants to talk about that proposition, I have some experience in that area and would be glad to share it.

11. hula

hula Moderator
    Staff Member

May 16, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    yes, it's true. Sol has been disbanded. There will be a special draft to give away all our players to other teams. I'm sick to my stomach.

12. SolAlive

SolAlive New Member

May 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The best team in the best league in the world. Built over two years,, destroyed in 5 hours.:mad: