Islamic chaplain, Capt. Yee, is charged as spy

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by BenReilly, Sep 20, 2003.

1. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Everyone knows that violence against someone or something that is always close to you will only result in more violence until one of the two sides is dead or destroyed.

But when the moment is there we all forget about that. Unless we are dalai lama of course.

So one dalai lama for president won't change sh!t. A hundred might.

2. mannyfreshstunna

mannyfreshstunna New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less
    If it were only that easy.

3. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Think back before 1996, maybe ten years?

bin laden was the guy who was helped fight the USSR. CIA, well, back then they were called militray observers or something.

The US helped create the monster yet again. Frankinbiteyouintheassstien.

4. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Back to the topic at hand...

Cpt Yee is in deep doodoo.

With such information he could have allowed the terror groups to know who was captured, thus who was killed and thus, able to continue with plans.

Besides, with the detention center layout, is someone planning on attacking Gitmo or some crazy rescue attempt?

How does Cuba, maybe Fidel, play into any of this? Maybe not directly, but that society could be turning a blind eye to terrorists inside their nation which could provide a place to enter, plan and exit after any such event.

It looks like the US has up to 2 months to bring charges and expect a few leaks before then.

5. mannyfreshstunna

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less

OBL happened to be there. He hadn't yet set out on his terror crusade to rid the Arabian Peninsula of Jews and Americans. To us at the time, he was just another Mujahadeen fighter who were defeating the Soviets in their own neighborhood.

We did nothing to create the monster that is OBL, except have bases in Saudi Arabia. What a crime. You know, cause we were only their to shield them from Iraq.

6. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    I just happened to stop reading there.

You expected me to read on?

7. mannyfreshstunna

Feb 7, 2003
    Naperville, no less

Explain to me how OBL damaged the US circa 1979.

8. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    We weren't talking "damaged" and you know it.

We were talking about "created" by the USA, being directly or he turned and screwed us later.

It is a running theme, as in Saddam himself, many a Cetral/South American leader, and the list goes on.

There are a few facts we need to face.
    Think back to the fall of the USSR. Sure, the Commies lost the Cold War, but they went ahead and got themselves elected in real "American-like" style elections!

It must shock you to think that Castro kinda held his hand out to the USA at first and we decided not to support him, and he turned out to be our favorite boogie man.

Hindsight may be 20/20, but you need to check your eyes if you can't see the errors of our collective ways.

9. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey

I don't disagree with you. And then what?

10. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This doesn't bother me at all. He has connections to the West and street cred at the same time. Afganistan needs the West and Karzai knows the West well enough to negotiate deals.

11. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Ummm, once we face up to the mistakes, then maybe, ummm, we should try and avoid making the same mistakes? I don't know, but what did you have in mind?

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    You think that's a new theory?

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never heard that one before.

15. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    From cnn.com

BREAKING NEWS A second member of the U.S. military has been detained after being found with classified information on Guantanamo Bay detainees, CNN has learned. Details soon.

16. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
  17. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Re: From cnn.com

I don't know if anyone can verify this. But I've heard reports of politicians criticizing the military for recruiting imams from mosques and organizations who support terror. I think one was called "The Holyland Foundation" and was shut down after 9/11.

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another? Yee isn't brown.... get your facts straight.

Anyways, are you certain this latest Airman is "brown"? How do you know if he didn't convert to Islam, like Yee did.

19. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    Yee is a Chinese, the ariman is called Ahmad I. al-Halabi. Currently we don't call these people Americans here.

20. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
  21. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    You know the popular wisdom - converts are the most hard core.

Yee was a West Pointer and a son of immigrants from here in NJ suburbia. There's plenty of clips of him giving seminars and talking about Islam. If he was carrying diagrams of the cells, what was he going to do with them? Is there a greater conspiracy? The story is just beginning if the initial suspicions are true.

22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're right, Yee is Chinese but you're inferring that he's brown by your previous statement.

As for the airman, just because his name is Ahmad I al-Halabi doesn't mean he's not Caucasian. He could be black, another asian, hispanic... anything, we just don't know yet. Saying we don't call them American is ignorant. He was an airman in the US Air Force, he's American.

23. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    I have no idea if he is or not, but you don't have to be American to serve in the military.

24. Dr Jay

Dr Jay BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 7, 1999
    Newton, MA USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the "and then what" is simple: the ends don't justify the means.

Do not abandon our own democratic principles or support regimes that do, in order to acheive short term political success.

25. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    If you serve honorably in the US military, I consider you an American, whether or not you are actually a US citizen.

Now, what remains to be seen is whether or not Airman al-Halabi served honorably.