Isaias Bardales trial in Sweden

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dandal, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    Not really earth shattering news, but anyway:

Former LA Galaxy player Isaias Bardales is on trial with swedish 1st division (where you also find US-friendly Bodens BK) newcomers Degerfors.

2. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember the name but I don't think I ever actually saw him play.

3. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Maybe not earth-shattering, but it certainly came out of nowhere! Thanks and keep us posted. I know absolutely nothing about the guy. Think I saw him play a couple of minutes for the Galaxy once. No lasting impression.

Oh, and it's Isaias Bardales Jr. to you, buddy.

At last, I assume it is.

4. Tyler66

Tyler66 New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Massachusetts
    I know the name and that he played for LA (I think in 2002) but nothing more.

5. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Kinder interpretation - never recovered from a knee injury in his rookie season.

Less kind interpretation - showed up to camp fat in 2000, was shunted off to Syracuse rather than cut since he was a P-40, and was never heard of again until this thread. When I read the title, I assumed his trial was for speeding or parking by a fire hydrant, since I can't imagine anyone being desperate enough to consider paying him to play soccer.

6. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    Degerfors' fan site gave this evaluation after watching Isaias Bardales Jr. and two other trialists in training (in my ham-handed translation):
    "No lasting impression" seems to sum it up in Degerfors too.

7. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    Can't imagine anyone waiting for updates here, but since Degerfors' official verdict came yesterday:

Bardales will not be offered a contract. The club simply doesn't consider him good enough.