Is Worldwide Soccer Manager Available Anywhere?

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by Zman Gunner, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Zman Gunner

Zman Gunner BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 7, 2003
    Middletown, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have read plenty about the Worldwide Soccer Manager/Football Manager - it looks like a great game. I know that MLS put out a press release in December 2004 that WSM was going to include MLS teams. Now, it does not seem to be available anywhere - Amazon lists it as a product offering but it is not in stock - which is the same response that it has had for months. A few questions for the WSM/FM vets:

* Where can the 2005 game be purchased (I know that a new version comes out in October)?
    * Is there a difference between WSM and FM (i.e. does Football Manager [UK version] include MLS teams?

Thanks.

2. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    both Versions are the Same.

One minor difference: WWSM has English-US as a language choice. Both have MLS teams. You may have to go to www.gamestop.com to find WWSM.

3. JayJay4Pres

JayJay4Pres New Member

May 10, 2003
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe Sega-America discontinued WSM, due to lack of sales.

Geez, lets put the best football management sim out in America, AND NOT MARKET IT. Yea, and after sales reach the million dollar mark, we can say, "Told you so".

Stupid Sega America :-(

You would of been able to find a copy in November/December of last year at select GameStops, but no longer.

4. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Well you're better of waiting until next year, the new version is set to come out in a few months anyway.

As I work for Sports Interactive, we push as hard as we can to make the games available here, but it's all a bit chicken and egg, if they don't think it's going to sell, how does SOA justify marketing expenses; and on the flip side, how are people going to be aware of the game if they don't know about it, and if they don't, can't actually find it anywhere.

The biggest thing I can suggest is go to your local game stores and ask them to carry it, it might not be alot, but it does help.

BTW the improvements for the next version are looking amazing, you'll all love it.

5. The Yank

The Yank New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    USA
    Will FM2006 be out in America as WWSM2006 this year? Will there be the delay again?

6. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    It was easier to find FM online than WSM in the USA, and you could get it quicker too.

7. GeordieInExile

GeordieInExile New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Music City, USAye
    gogamer.com always have FM as opposed to WWSM.