Is Wilson signed?

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Jonno, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I was just sifting through the transfers on the BBC site when right at the bottom on July 1st I saw:
    Mark Wilson [Middlesbrough - Dallas Burn] Free

Does this mean he is officially ours?

2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, he belongs to some team named "Dallas Burn."

3. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
  4. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does this mean that we have already made the move to free up the needed space and are waiting to release the details?

5. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I imagine that they would have had to do something by the June 1st date, but since it wasn't cutting/trading a player they didn't "need" to publicly announce it. IOW, they probably restructured one or more players' contracts to open up the room. Steve Jolley....I hope you won't miss the extra cash too much when you get that nice shiny MLS championship ring.

6. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yessss - what better excuse for PHP to have a beerman or two selling Guinness?

7. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    I would think that Jolley is using this time while Vanney is away to show that he is still a high quality defender in this league. He could move during the August period when people are making moves for the stretch run or next season. I would think all FCD fans would love having him on the roster as an insurance policy.....personally I think he's looked good in limited opportunities. As texgator says the ring would be nice, Steve has been in the league almost from the beginning and his greatest team accomplishment is being an Open Cup Finalist.

8. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as the BBC and 'Boro are confirmed, Wilson is part of FCD. They made the transfer.

Of course, there is far more to consider on our side. FCD still has to make the roster move, and pony up the cash to sigh Wilson. As of yet, we have heard nothing about this.

It is clear that Wilson fills a need, and could fit in well to a nightmare line up next season with Simo and Mulrooney. A nice thought, but I am concerned about the present. With so many injuries, FCD cannot afford to pass on Wilson.

Still, we have heard nothing. I fear a great opportunity has been lost.

Cheers!
    Sir Drinxalot, vox fatum and devotee of the Goddess Divia.

FCDORF. I do, I will.

9. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    If he was going to be moved, it would have been before the July 1st deadline when his contract wouldn't effect the cap number. That didn't happen, so he's probably staying here. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Jolley and the depth he brings us. But I also feel that he is overpaid for a back up, so a salary restructure probably makes sense. Particularly if it opens up $$ to sign what could be a starting central midfielder. Considering how Pitch played on Saturday, Wilson is needed ASAP.

10. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I must spread some reputation around before I give it to Gator again. I almost never rep anyone. All right, I will rep everyone else.

Cheers!

FCDORF. I do, I will.

11. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rather than reply to eny one post I will just put it all in there.

NO. Wilson has not signed.

He can not sign until Aug 15. He is here on a tourist visa. Once he signs On Aug 15, then he applies for a work visa which can take a week (or more?)

He was not tranfered on a free. He agreed to an injury buyout of his contract which makes him now free to sign anywhere he likes during the next window.

There is however an agreement in principle...
    FCD: "We got $X to offer."
    Wilson: "Ok."

Therefore he can't play until at least August 15, and probably a week or so after.

Jolley, nor anyone else, was waived. Nor will there be a later waive I understand. it appears, although CC wouldn't say... that someone took a pay cut... which may or may not be combined with someone else moving down to dev.... which could mean a dev being cut. But it appears Jolley is going no where.

It is possible that Jolley, or someone else, agreed to waive their guarentee. Like Eck did his last season. But I don't believe that to be the case.

12. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    I'm so glad we have Buzz.

13. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fixed your post !

14. Red Menace

Red Menace New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Frisco
    Who are the Dallas Burn?

RM

15. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
  16. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    A former England National U21 player, 26 years old, professional experience with a premiership team, and can play midfield

Sounds like exactly what FCD needs. How much will he cost and can he take us to the cup and win?

Being a former team mate of ROB will help with being on the same wavelength...

Is this the year of FCD in MLS?!?!?!?!?

I am really enjoying his season so far!

18. Jonno

Jonno New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    Austin, TX
    .....Ruiz.....
    EJ........Mina
    Wilson....RoB
    .......Simo....

does look good in theory doesn't it?

19. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    free transfer. Salary unkown.

they were not there at the same time, but Wilson is living in ROBs house.

20. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    now for next season, pending cap...
    try and fit Mulrooney in there.

21. owendylan

owendylan Member

May 30, 2001
    Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Just for clarification was he on a free? You say no in this post but in a later post say that he is. Also if his contract was bought out, wouldn't that make him out of contract and available to sign with any team immediately? It might just be semantics but important.

22. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He already answered...
    3rd.Degree

3rd. Degree

23. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    He was on a free. There was an injury settlement with Boro, but since he was in contract at the end of the last transfer window, he has to wait until the next transfer window to sign. Obviously FIFA hates the USA.

24. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a few answers by others I hope cleard it up.

I was trying to make the distinction between his contract having run out, i.e. "on a free"

vs

him still having a contract during the last window that has since been bought out in an injury settlement. This making him avalible to sign for free in the next window.

The difference is that if he had been free back then he could sign this minute. Or a month ago when he showed up. but he wasn't so they have to wait.

I know it's a small difference but in this case it makes a big time difference.

So technically he will be a free agent signing in the next window, but as of now he is not and there has been no "transfer on a free."

sorry for confusion.

25. Scipio Gothicus

Aug 6, 2001
    Cabo San Lucas
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Easy. Assuming all the players we have this season are still with FCD, then

Ruiz--EJ--ROB

Wilson--Mulrooney
    Simo

Cheers!

FCDORF. I do, I will.