Is War A Possiblity In S.america

Discussion in 'International News' started by Exit16W, Mar 3, 2008.

1. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    You looking at my girlfriend?

http://sports.aol.com/soccer/story/_a/jealous-boyfriend-may-have-caused-riot/20080311004709990001
    "A jealous boyfriend angry that his girlfriend was flirting with another man may have been the cause of a riot at a soccer game that injured 83 people"
    "But when you have so many people drunk, drugged up and looking for a fight, sometimes it's hard to find out what really started it."
    I guess we should be happy that perhaps neither soccer nor politics caused it ...

2. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

your senses are failing stax, my question was geniune as I don't know Colombia's policies in this regard and one of your posts sheded light on how pertinent that information is. I would ask someone in the treasury department who is charged with expropriating profits in my company, but unfortunately we're prohibited from operating in Colombia due to security concerns.

3. stax745

stax745 New Member

Jan 11, 2008
    edmonton
    Everything you have said here, I agree with 100%
    It is just that too often there is not that balance of equality that you speak of... and when there is no balance, the fallout is revolution, violence, and extreme political turns.

4. stax745

stax745 New Member

Jan 11, 2008
    edmonton
    Sorry...:eek:
    Im not actually sure about where you can get more detailed info besides in buisness reports of companies that do work in Colombia (which are sometimes pretty difficult to get a hold of)... I didnt find the link I posted very helpful since it is based on the fact that it is based on a medium sized company. An interesting thing though... I think that domestic based companies do not have to pay corporate tax, I heard that a while back... and thought it was pretty interesting... I think this was in place before Uribe but Im not sure (someone please correct me if Im on the wrong track)