Is this the possible KC Stadium?

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by hipityhop, Aug 23, 2006.

1. hipityhop

hipityhop Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jan 10, 1999
    Mission TX
    Club:
    SønderjyskE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  3. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

4. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    There's a bunch of taint wads on that board. Aww skeet skeet if that stadium gets built though.

5. hipityhop

hipityhop Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jan 10, 1999
    Mission TX
    Club:
    SønderjyskE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't get excited about this.. until we know for sure.... can't be sure if this is true or not........ posted by a soccer basher, but who knows for sure where he got it......

6. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any KC fans who can verify if this is the real deal or not?

7. hipityhop

hipityhop Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jan 10, 1999
    Mission TX
    Club:
    SønderjyskE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not yet......

8. Supersuperman99

Supersuperman99 New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Danmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that would be sweet if not for KC then for one of the other teams. But Danmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that sh*t would be tight. Love it. Danmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. That sh*t is tight.

9. salparadisejr

salparadisejr Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Hollywood, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, I really hope this is real, 'cause that is tight

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    I was wondering the same thing.

12. DanishDuke

DanishDuke Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Cumberland RI
    Ahhh what happened to the rolling roof plan???

13. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a fabulous looking stadium, but I'm not sure that I believe it. The 4 corner vip terraces are awesome. The funky roof is awesome. The hole for the team benches at midfield is awesome. Though the stands look a little far from the touchline.

However, I don't believe it. Where is the stage??? The old logo is suspicious too. Combine the fact that there's no stage and an old logo, and I think we're looking at a rendering that's from the 90's.

Real or not, it does look sweet though. If the Wiz ever built something like that, I'd be out there for Crew/Wiz games once a year!

14. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    The rolling roof was proposed for the Truman Sports Complex where the Wizards currently play. These renderings are for a new KC stadium (possibly) on the Kansas half of the city.

15. hipityhop

hipityhop Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jan 10, 1999
    Mission TX
    Club:
    SønderjyskE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, there is plenty of questions about this if it is real or not, hopefully, we will find out soon. As I said at the first, I wasn't vouching for this as being real, sort of like UFO's... but I always wonder why it was posted at first, and not by a soccer fan either, by the way. That person knew I was a Wizard fan...

If it is to be sold to the voters for a November Election, I would assume they need to roll something out for the voters to see in the next couple of weeks...

16. slimjim21591

slimjim21591 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    nice stadium now i waiting for DC

17. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. FC Matt 90

FC Matt 90 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that stadium is sweet! man, i hope all of this works out, i think if this stadium gets done and the ownership markets the wizards (change the name!) the right way, this stadium could be filled most games, let's just hope this all goes through.

19. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have I died and gone to heaven? I have never seen such beautiful renderings of stadiums in my life associated with MLS. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! I hope KC gets their stadium and that people actually go so they can show how proud they are of their place.

20. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Someone sure spent a fair amount of time on the rendering for it to be a complete fake.

The problem is, which KC SSS is it a rendering of?

Remember HSG was working behind the scenes for years to get a stadium deal done. There have been several serious plans in progress over the last two years as well.

It's only logical that numerous "graphics" exist - if only to show potential investors or municipal functionaries.

I'm sure this is a legitimate rendering of a potential or proposed KC SSS, I'm just not sure whether it's related to the current proposal.

Unfortunately I have never seen any of the stadium proposals, but from multiple sources over the years I know of several different plans that would have easily made it to this state.

I also know that Lamar Hunt loved the roofs in Korea (but thought they were too expensive). The roof on this one is very reminiscent of the since destroyed by a Typhoon stadium in Seogwipo on Jeju Island.

21. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it possible for groundbreaking to take place in KC by the end of this year, should this November referendum pass?

22. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I agree with andy that several drafts are probably out there floating around, which is common. You can;t just settle, you have to have options. I also agree that too much effort and detail are there to be a total fake. I do love the design and it coould be a crowd jewel with its design and close quarters to the pitch.

23. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that's a rendering of the "Secret Stadium" that they were building in an Arrowhead parking lot for like a month.

24. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it looks great and think it's alot different from recent completed stadium. I hope it's the real one and that they pass the ballot issue.

I wonder how long until we get the usal comments about the roof, too many additional fields, why can't it look like X stadium in Europe and how everyone with a different opinion is an idiot. :D

25. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States