Is this the place to ask about tickets?

Discussion in 'Lot 8' started by superdave, Mar 18, 2016.

1. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My daughter (13 YO) and I are coming to DC on Easter weekend to see DC United and visit some museums. If anyone has 2 extra tickets for the FCD game we'd be interested.

2. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably get more attention on the main forum, but this should do.

@nobletea might move it for you if no-one chimes in soon, or you might get a quick answer here and I've name-checked him for no reason at all :)

I don't have any extra, but you should be able to get tickets pretty easily through Screaming Eagles ( SEstore.net ) or Barra Brava ( http://barrabrava.mybigcommerce.com/ ) or The District Ultras ( http://www.districtultras.com/tickets/ ) if you like. Or maybe you don't want to sit with United fans :)

I haven't heard of any, but the team often also does (and we hate this, most of us) social media discounts like living social or believe it or not Tinder :rolleyes: - maybe check their site closer to that game too.

One of the great things about having a big old stadium is we aren't likely to sell out (or if we do it won't be too soon before game day) so you can just walk up and get tix (usually) day of the game.
    Do not use ticketbastard.

Winoman repped this.
  3. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poster says his club is DC United, so if they want to sit in the supporter section, this is a decent place to ask the question. If you don't get any response by Monday maybe, DM me and I'll move it to the main forum to get some more eyeballs.

OR, if you DON'T want to sit with supporters, I will move it into the main forum now. I don't know how many non-supporter ticket holders read Lot 8.

Also, when the match thread is posted for the game you want to go to, it might be worth asking in that thread.

Edit: lolz, didn't realize "the poster" was superdave.

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we do. Y'all don't corrupt her too much!

I'll try the supporters' websites.

5. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We may need a narrower definition of "too much" :)

But it should be fine ... :)

6. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you don't want to sit in the supporters section, I have two tickets for the game on the quiet side (in 206) that I'm willing to sell, @superdave

7. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like I should apologize for the fact that your daughter had to see that ...... hope you had a good Easter weekend visit aside from the game ;)

superdave repped this.
  8. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    What better place than RFK to learn that the adult life is filled with pain. 13 is probably old enough for such lessons to begin.