Is this really Liverpool's level?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Samarkand, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    The Leeds/Liverpool was meant to be televised here in the US on Saturday, but during the week the satellitte company pulled the game in favour of Brum/Bolton. I'm not here to discuss the rights and wrongs of the satellitte company, but rather, have we really sunk so badly that Brum/Bolton is seen as the better game? Sign of the times, perhaps?

2. SuperElf

SuperElf Member

Jul 16, 1999
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bet they have something in the contract where they have to show every team once. Perhaps this was just a good time to get the Bolton game in, given that neither we nor Leeds really has a fire in their ass at the moment . . .

Or maybe we just suck and everyone is sick of watching us blow games by playing 4-man-circle-jerk at the back.

3. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the results show they made a poor decision, 1-0 on TV and a 3-1 barnburner at Anfield.

4. Theo

Theo New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    clearly, any telecast with Emile Heskey is always quality entertainment. what where they thinking?

5. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    This is down to Sky. They chose to televise the Brum game (for why, I know not) but considering the regularity with which they show Liverpool games, I don't think any qualitative judgement can be inferred.

6. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Perhaps true, Matt, but I can't help feeling that some suit and tie said somewhere "Leeds? crap; Liverpool ? boring, not much better, lost three in a row. Brum/Bolton? Hmmm! Should probably be a better game - let's show it instead."

7. oojason

oojason New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    England
    It surprises me that no-one at Sky shows the best game from the Premiership weekend sometime Sunday evening.

Wolves v Leicester - not everyone's cup of tea, but with what happened there'd surely be some interest in seeing the full game.

IIRC in Germany every game is televised... I think you choose which game you want to watch (a la Sky's Champs League night).

8. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I don't think so...Liverpool V Leeds is a big match no matter what the current form is for either team.