is this go too far

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Hope Solo Fan Belgiu, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Hope Solo Fan Belgiu

Oct 2, 2007
    [ame="http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=s73V_-UGusw"]YouTube - algarve cup 2006[/ame]

See the video first
    I always tought this is the bridge to far.

Hanna Ljungberg always was my favorite player bud in case it was not her I would say the same thing.

That French Goalkeeper is nuts this happend at algarve cup 2006. one year later she was stil playing the same dangerous way.

I will never forgive her. Hanna's was out for months. and stil suffers in some way from that moment you know she has had a lot of injuries.
    well that might be a follow of that incident dause after that she needed to lay down for weeks she dident came the house out.

that made her muscles weaker.

I was so scared when i swaw this happen...she just did not move at all...
    I was really woried...

I hate that bouhaddi women can help it... here teammates even where protesting when she got a red card!

that is way I can never cheer for the french enymore espeicaly there stupid captain that not even checked on Hanna.

ISarah Boudhaddi might have got red bud was not supspended! I think she should have been banned from the game for the rest of her life for that!

It was friendly game! (that why she got no punishment for red)

Hanna still sometimes suffers from it and the thing that kept from Olympics might have been a foloow of this.

What do you think

Did Bouhaddi gone too far.

what kind of punishment does she deserve?

note that the officials of that game said that it was the worsed thing they ever saw

2. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    my computer says, video no longer available, but whatever it was, if it's egregious enough, i think fifa can ban you even if your infraction was during a friendly. so maybe they thought it wasn't that bad.

3. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    This has nothing to do with the USWNT, so it's being moved to the Women's International forum.

4. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I, too, was unable to get the video to play from your link but I was able to play one on youtube, instead. I'm having trouble linking to it here due to my lack of intertube skeelz. From your description, I thought the collision would be worse, to be honest. Yes, the French keeper played the forward instead of the ball. Yes, it was a clear (and bad) foul and red card. You said that is what she got. But banned forever? please. Forwards (and fans) know that they are at risk in one on one situations. Ask Heather O'Reilly about keep collisions.

I could not tell if Ljungberg's head hit the ground before or after her hip/back/shoulder. Either way, that had to hurt like crap and such a collision could very well put a little fear into a forward. I am surprised that the keeper herself wasn't injured more, too, given the way she put her head down just as Ljungberg's shoulder hit her. American football players are taught not to tuck their heads when they tackle to avoid neck injuries.

Aside from that, this game was 2 years ago and didn't involve the USA WNT so why did you start this thread here today?

eta: crossposted w/ redcard...

5. Hope Solo Fan Belgiu

Oct 2, 2007
    Bouhaddi did not even had the intention to play the ball she just looked at hanna and says I'm gonna headbutt her

such people dont belong on a soccerfield

6. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    You didn't answer the very pertinent question asked by kool aide. Why here, why now, when it happened 2 years ago?

7. Hope Solo Fan Belgiu

Oct 2, 2007
    Cause she still suffers in some way of it

when I cometied a crime two years ago would it make it less worse because it was two year ago?

bud just answers my question

is this go too far?

that women always comes out of het goal that way

she's nuts I think

she's a danger for other players

8. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Pretty sure they can't, not for a standard in-game infraction anyway. this was all over Swedish media when it happened and they made it very clear that since it was a Friendly only teh French FA could punsih her according to FIFA rules. (and not suprisingly they wasn't very found of punishing their top-keeper)

9. Hope Solo Fan Belgiu

Oct 2, 2007
    That's why I since then never suport the french anymore
    I not like Germany bud I like them more the that team.
    I suported Italy al over world cup 2006 They where always my team in mensoccer

The best men on the tournament for me: Marco Materazzi

the french building a history in this things: Cantona-Zidane(16 red cards in career) bouhaddi are they animals or something???

A nice way to punish players that go out of line this far like bouhaddi:

not playing as long the victim suffers from the injurie that's a foloow of there missbahaviour!

Thomas Dennerby called it the most bad thing he ever saw on a soccerfield.

It was

It happend even outside the boxx

Bouhaddi just had no other intention then headbutt Hanna!

10. Hope Solo Fan Belgiu

Oct 2, 2007
    [​IMG]

It was by the way the second time something like this happend to her
    In 2003 world cup Briana Scurry made a gross fault on her too
    she also landed on her neck

11. Andreas Kolle

Andreas Kolle New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Club:
    Røa IL Oslo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    It's a red card and a couple of matches' suspension. But what I like about women playing football (in Norway, at least) is that they don't fall down and cry like in a Jane Austen film every time they enter the penalty area. The women's game is tough. You go over the line, though, which the goallie clearly did, you get to pay.

You want candidates for full exclusion?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tassotti
    (of course, he didn't play after that incident, though. But he only got eight matches).

12. chinadaiyi

chinadaiyi Member

Sep 11, 2008
    China
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR