Is this a sign??

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by NotAbbott, Nov 4, 2003.

1. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    Would you believe Andrew WK is playing in LA on Sunday, November 23rd? House of Blues, for the Guitar Center Drum-Off finals.

DON'T STOP LIVING IN THE RED!

Later,
    COZ

2. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Is there any way, at all, someone could contact him if we make the final and get him to come?

3. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Awww Snap! He's got to come to the game!!!

Somebody with connections? Anybody?

4. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    Some of my friends were on the committe that set up the AWK show at NIU last winter. I'll talk to them and see if they have some legit contact info. It sounds like something he might actually do.

DON'T STOP LIVING IN THE RED!

5. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    I'll see what I can dig up. Possible points of contact are also through House of Blues or Guitar Center, but it'll likely take longer.

Pollstar.com may have management info, but they might make you subscribe in order to get it. I've got a couple of resources I can look into.

Later,
    COZ

6. Don_Crafts

Don_Crafts New Member

Oct 31, 2000
    20 House, Oswego
    O.K. I'll bite. Who is this guy and what is his relationship to the Fire?

[​IMG]

Maximum Respect,
    Don Crafts
    Chicago Fire, USA
    Don't Stop Living In The Red!

7. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some band.

Apparently they are responsible for writing the original of that incredibly lame chant that MDSC tried for many many games before successfully getting it to go.

Yes, I speak of "Don't Stop Living in the Red".

8. chitowndoll

chitowndoll New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    MDSC HQ: design dept.
    wow, what a GREAT attitude! i'm sure glad you are as excited as i am! anyway, that is amazing that andrew w.k. is playing in LA, and i would almost bet he'd go to the game if anyone can contact him.

for anyone who doesn't know, andrew w.k. is a crazy rock star who writes all of his songs about loving to party hard.

i think the chant is pretty sweet.

9. fatboy15

fatboy15 New Member

Mar 31, 2000
    LaPorte, IN, USA
    chant or no chant, i think having andrew wk in section 8 would be tight as hell, and i don't even like his music. he would definitly be jumping and yelling and cheering the whole 90 minutes.

speaking of him, is he the lead singer of faith no more? it kinda sounds like him, and i remember seeing faith no more on an old episode of snl, and the singer looked and acted like him, too.

10. chitowndoll

chitowndoll New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    i think that was mike patton, in faith no more. not andrew wk.

11. modernpiracy

modernpiracy New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    chicago
    awk was in a speed metal band from michigan.

oh and jeremy, when you start coming up with new chants, then you can open your mouth about others'. be careful, ditka trolls this forum regularly.

12. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    And, to be fair, while I've come around entirely on the DSLITR cheer, Andrew WK wishes he was one-tenth the singer Mike Patton is. Patton is a f***ing genius.

Later,
    COZ

13. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I'm in the same boat here. I was a big doubter on DSLITR but I'm convinced it can and will work now. I don't generally care for AWK but it's a good short powerful song that fits well and it's immense pump-up music for games. I wish the team used it for ads and stuff.

It's coming along better every game...it's going to be a chant that takes some time, but having AWK in person could kick it right in the ass toward permanence.

And I agree on the second count as well.

14. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Jeremy, your negativity is surprising. Yes, the cheer was pretty bad at first, but I think that can be attributed to the fact that only 4 people knew the words and that the pre-modified cheer was... bad.

At least we tried. Maybe it has gotten better since I left. Maybe not. Either way, please try to be a little more sensitive with the ´SC. We´re emotional people.

Also, I´m pursuing another angle of contacting Mr. WK with all the fervor that one can generate whilst living in the hills of a European desert.

15. Don_Crafts

Don_Crafts New Member

Oct 31, 2000
    20 House, Oswego
    I'll tell you what is a good sign: The Darkness play the Double Door on the 19th.

I just booked my Santa Monica beach-front hotel room. I'm psyched! All there is left to do is to decide on the appropriate tattoo for a triple winning season.

[​IMG]

Maximum Respect,
    Don Crafts
    Chicago Fire, USA
    Don't stop living in the Red!

16. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever. I'm about as disenchanted with all things section 8 as I can get right now.

I'll just leave it to you enthusiastic youngin's.

17. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Okaaayyyyy............

18. So what you're saying is that you've Stopped Living In The Red, huh?

Sorry. couldn't pass it up.

19. chitowndoll

chitowndoll New Member

Jun 8, 2002
  20. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Someone give Jeremy a juicebox and a cookie so he starts to feel better.

21. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever.

<finger target="Bob Morocco" />

22. jprendiville

jprendiville Member

Jan 9, 2002
    all over the place

What was really cool was being at the Mother Ship for the last game and hearing an old favorite of mine pumped throughthe pseakers in teh bathroom...Nitzer Ebb's "Join in the CHnat" Fire! Fire Fire! Whooo!
    I'd rather see Chevelle (local) sing "the Red" than AWK.
    I am really looking forward to going to California for the second time to see the Fire win it all.

By the way...FIFA 2004 is terrible, don't buy it. Konami's Winning Eleven broke my decade of brand loyalty to EA Sports. I thought I'd give them a second chance. I wish I hadn't.

23. dustbin

dustbin Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Marengo, IL
    Re: all over the place

PC version sucks. The XBox version is much better.