Is this a joke???

Discussion in 'China' started by xfactor857, Apr 19, 2006.

1. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006
    Re: Is this a fücking joke???

no he is such a good coach. He almost brought dortmund to beat real madrid twice but some players made very stupid mistakes and were not concentrated enough. Dortmund were playing extremely good football except they just throw the game when playing against madrid in the champions league. They almost quality along with arsenal. Also, they beat milan away and at home to Arsenal which is a pretty good achievement.

2. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006

you are wrong, we chinese have good players but so far no one has been able to integrate them and bring them together to play as a team. Don't you see how ugly when they attack? When they play against korea, they basically don't have any attacking options at all except long shot and long ball just hope that opponents would make mistake. We basically have no tactics but we do have the players.

3. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

OMG I cannot tell you how wrong you are. Completely ruined the Borussia Dortmund side along with the management. In fact, most Dortmund fans tell you that when they won the Bundesliga, it was in spite of and NOT BECAUSE OF Mattias Sammer. He was much more of a hindrance...I mean, if you looked at that side, they should have been at least competing with Bayern Munchen every year. But since then, they slid to near relegation. It has taken a new management team and the very CAPABLE leadership of Bert van Marwijk to get BVB even CLOSE to where they were.

Ask this question in the Borussia Dortmund forum. They need traffic there. :D They know better than I how ********ed up Borussia Dortmund was when Mattias Sammer was in charge.:mad: Ask that to Stuttgart fans too who had him...they couldn't wait to get rid of that idiot. :mad:

4. athena20

athena20 Red Card

Apr 18, 2006

well anyway. I just don't think individually we are worse than korea or japan but as a team we are definitely much worse. no tactic, no mentality, no determination.

It is very funny to see kahn lose his number 1 to lehmann :D . I mean he tries to stay fit and work hard to play his final world cup but all of a sudden lehman come from behind and replace him. to me, it is very funny because kahn was very confidence. But I guess Arseanl has certainly help lehman a lot and bayern on the other hand have make Kahn become number 2. If bayern were in semifinal instead of arsenal, I am sure lehman would be number 2 now. haha

5. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Hmm...I don't want to ruin your optimism (it is great to have an optimistic Chinese fan, everyone else is here is rather dour to be honest :p ), but I have to disagree with you.

Name me one Chinese player that can be called a "playmaker." I can maybe name one, but of the class of Hide Nakata, Mehdi Mahdivikia, Park Ji-Sung? No!

Name me one Chinese player who can marshall a defense. I can maybe name one, but of the class of Razaei, Nakazawa, Lucas Neill? No!

Name me one Chinese player who scores consistently even in Asia. I can maybe name one, but not of the class of Viduka, Hashemian (bleh!) and even Lee Dong-Guk? No!

Name me one Chinese player who anchors the midfield. Li Tie could have been nice, but he's not fit. So NO!

See a trend? I laugh at the mere mention that Du Wei is even considered here considering how shambolic he was against a SCOTTISH team that played in the SECOND DIVISION. Pfft. Li Tie used to be such a good player (he got me into Everton), but now, he's a shadow of his formerself. The young players like Dong and Chen Tao are talents, but nothing more right now; we cannot project their future. But they must become good players in the future, or else China I think is in big trouble.

6. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Perhaps so, but Kahn has been making uncharacteristic mistakes lately (even against the bottom club Koeln!). Lehmann has been solid all year. It tells you that in the beginning of the year I ********ing hated Lehmann (Because he's a bit of an asshole to be honest) and now I think he's a great keeper. Lehmann I think has truly earned the #1 jersey, none of Kahn's performances this year has warranted him being the #1.

But, as I've said, we have a German forum for this discussion. I'm moderator of there too, so you are free to talk there. :D We have a good 2 or 3 threads just about that.

7. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

We cant even beat a country torn by civil war in a neutral venue... we are lower than 6th right now. Middle eastern sides do not fear us as they know they have a good chance to win the home leg of the game...

But Saudi we can beat at home - its Iran that freaks us out the most.

8. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

Yea you are right in that we dont need to discuss hiddink joining too much as there isnt much of a chance... but I personally think Korea did not win because of Hiddinks tactics. But rather I think Hiddink understood how to prepare a side that lacks the technical ability compared to world powers and prepared them mentally and physically. There is no doubt Korea had the most time to prepare as they had something like 3 months to build up for it, they prepared mentally by arranging friendlies with big teams so they dont get the "omg its zidane standing across from me" syndroms. Plus they had a lot of luck from the second round onward.

I dont even blame Haan for the WC as I think the problematic party is the Chinese league that failed to create more attacking players capable of filling Hao Haidongs boots in big games. End of the day its the players who makes the difference on the field.

9. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

I think this is a bit wrong...the reality is that China is equal to any team in Asia, the reality is also that China is much worse than any team in Asia...China is a damn good team with extremely talented players, but the lack of consistency, formation, and good coaching has hurt us. You could put us as the number 1 team in Asia half the time, but the other half, we're more like the number 10 team in Asia...

Zhao Junzhe, Zheng Zhi, Li Weifeng, these are some damn good players and they can easily go on the list. The problem is up top, we don't have any decent strikers and don't have enough coming through the pipelines. If we have attackers, if we have a consistent lineup instead of constantly switching around, we could win. We had unbelievable teamwork when Sun was dropped from the team and we had success, but Haan was constantly playing around with that lineup. There is no reason why we shouldn't be in the WC now, its up to bad coaching more than anything...

10. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    NON! NON!

11. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

He's the top candidate as of now.

12. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    i really hope he will not have the job !!!!!!!! i hate him, he come only for the bucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!in the french news paper "l'équipe" and the local news paper "var-matin" they said troussier is on the top list and should become the next head coach !!

for talk about striker, hope zhu is not going to play with Shi"mister bench or 2 minutes per match" jun against singapore and france, just hope to see xie hui and dong, or li jinyu who r in good shape actually. Zheng zhni is banned for the match angainst france?

13. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I don't mind having him, he seems like a guy whose capable of doing a lot with a little...but didn't he just become a muslim or something? Haha, wonder how that would play out in China...

14. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I didn't realize there were people who disliked him... I guess I can add him to the list of coaches not to hire when I finance my first soccer team:

Sarachen
    Luxemburgo
    Scolari
    Sampson
    Troussier
    Andrulis

check!

15. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    I'm not a big fan either. For no specifiable reason I simply dislike him. But why do you hate him so much?

16. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    so why does everyone dislike him? I still don't understand this as it seems to me he's done a good job at all his stops...

I did check and I wasn't going crazy, he and his wife did indeed become Muslims...something tells me that this prevents him from being the best candidate to take over a job in China as compared to his prefered African jobs...Then again, he will put his name in for any job and he isn't at the same level as some of the other names who would consider the Olympics below them...

17. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Why would his religion preclude him from the Chinese job? He would stir up too much commotion in the western provinces?

18. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Well, I'm not sure how adherent he is going to be or what, but I guess he did adopt a muslim name and everything. All I'm saying is that I'm not sure how ready the Chinese fans will be for this and especially if he decides to make a big deal of this instead of it being a personal thing, I just think it would be sort of weird...

19. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Wasn't it the ex-Senegal coach Bruno Metsu who became Muslim?

20. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    coz this guy is not stable, and he fight with players when he was marseille coach, he was supose to be the NT coach of nigeria, too expensive, after he get to morocco, but too expensive, and now with china will be give me the money and im gonna do something but if i don't succes, please don't mind but don't forget to sign the check. but one positive thing is he will see the youth chinese and maybe he will give coupleof advises to frenchs league one coaches on some players but that all

21. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Hahahahahaha. I don't know much about the guy but that's the impression I have of him too.

The thing is, he has the best resume on the list. Unless China is going to go with a Chinese coach, otherwise odds are extremely good he's going to get the job.

22. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I don't think he's better than Bora or Sven...And while it would be impossible to get Sven, I'd imagine Milu would be more than willing to return...

at the end of the day, who really cares, its the Olympics. a completely meaningless competition!

23. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Bora brought nothing to Chinese soccer except an unjustified sense of well being.

I understand what you're coming from. Olympics is not the focal point of the soccer world. But it's not always meaningless. Japan's won over Brazil at the Atlanta Olympics singled the rise of Japanese soccer.