Is there any sports pub on the Delaware shore where I can watch the DCU-Gals match?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by tallguy, Aug 18, 2005.

1. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm spending the weekend at Lewes. Are there any sports pubs out there where I can catch the United-Los Angeles match live? I kind of doubt that there is any such place, but I figure that I might as well ask. (Obviously, I must be getting a bit addicted to this footy stuff if I'm seriously thinking about watching a footy game while I'm at the beach). If not, I suppose that I'll just have to watch the match on tape when I get back.

Thanks!

2. DCM

DCM New Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Takoma Park, MD
    Re: Is there any sports pub on the Delaware shore where I can watch the DCU-Gals matc

My family has a place in Millsboro, just 15 minutes around Rehoboth Bay from Rehoboth, and a similar distance from Lewes. On standard cable there---I think it's Comcast---I always get DC United games on Comcast Sports Net. I think the cable in that area is the same as in Baltimore.

I would think that just about any bar you go to would be able to get the game---whether there would be some kind of conflict with preseason football or what have you, I don't know. I know that the Ram's Head in Rehoboth has lots of TVs, and you could probably get them to put the game on... I don't know Lewes so well, but in Rehoboth and Dewey I'm sure you can find something. Just walk up Rehoboth Avenue...I don't know the names of places, but there is at least one sport bars along the walk to the boardwalk, and come to think of it, the perfect place to watch the game would be at the bar at the Dogfish Head Brewpub. Great beer...and soccer. I watched a game there once in the past.

3. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I was at the Dogfish Brew Pub three years ago (the last time I was at the Delaware shore). Yum! Yum! Brilliant! Thank you.

4. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't there a super-Grotto's Pizza sports bar in Rehoboth? It would have multiple TV's. Call ahead and see if the game is on Comcast sports.

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If you're close to Rehobeth, call the Summer House and see if they have it. It's a pretty cool bar...

6. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's also this place called the Blue Oyster...

But seriously, it's the Delaware beaches, and the Jersey Shore...foreigners

;) :D

7. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia