PBP: Is there a way to control the number of foreigners in the league? Stop Wolfsburg ffs

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by Kirsten19, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We don't want the Bundesliga to be another EPL. Or else our NT will suffer most like the English NT since young domestic players do not have their chances at all

Last season, i saw an improvement as coaches seemed wager to play with young German players. Grosskreutz, Mueller, Badstuber, Schurrle, Contento, S.Bender, Reinartz, Kroos, Reus, Bargfrede, Moritz, Schmitz, Schieber, Herrmann, Diekmeier, Schwaab, Sippel, Mlapa and co. emerged as a result.

Some of the 1991/1992ers have even become starters for their clubs. Thats a good sign

Now, i m feeling rather bad for the season since Wolfsburg, Dortmund and Schalke for example keep bringing in foreign players.

I realize the EPL, starting from this sason, have started to control the number of foreign players registered in the league. (Each team allow 25 players registered in total. But at least 8 players have to be English, and 4 of them have to be trained in the club's youth academy. Any player at the age of 21 or under does not need to be registered)

I think the Bundesliga never have such regulation. Since the "6+5 rule" is rather unlikely to happen, is there anything the DFB can do?

i think our strikers suffer most. Since clubs tend to think foreign strikers are generally better. Thats why our NT have so few options at CF at the moment, and its hard for German fans to figure out a decent replacement of Klose if he retires.

McClaren is here in the Bundesliga for revenge.

2. köllealaaf

köllealaaf New Member

May 22, 2007
    Altweilnau
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are wrong, the Bundesliga has such a regulation, since 2006 already. This is called the "local-player-regulation" which says that at least 12 german players need to be contracted for each club. Meanwhile 8 out of those 12 had to be trained in (any) german clubs (it started with 4 in 2006, 6 in 2007 and from 2008 on it was 8).

For a (german) reference please see http://www.welt.de/print-welt/artic...ofitieren_von_Reform_der_Auslaenderregel.html

3. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Wait, 12 German players contracted n 8 of them had to be trained with German clubs?? so what happen to the other 4 German players? trained in England or other countries?

And are there a maximum number of players registered? For instance the EPL only allow 25players registered for each team(age of 21 or under excluded). If the Bundesliga also only allows 25 players registered, 12 German actually make up half of their roster

But in that case, how can it apply to clubs like Cottbus, Hertha Berlin n now Wolfsburg??

4. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You're having a laugh.

5. TheNorthPitch

TheNorthPitch New Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    As I was going through the rosters posted on each team's wiki page, I noticed some teams definitely have a greater tendency toward foreign players than others. As I recall, Wolfsburg seemed to have lots.

For me just getting into Bundesliga, this seems like a detraction because I don't respect the way EPL covets the best players, yet England is nationally tragic. I don't really know what level of talent exists within DE but I'm sure some managements just go for the safe bet instead of investing in local talent.

6. TheBoss84

TheBoss84 Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Germany
    Not really. Clubs are always going to invest in foreign players because they need players that can fill the squad and that are somewhat proven. Before the season you never know which new young talent could surface. IMHO as long as the german talent is good enough there is no worries about buying foreign players, since they are going to be the first pick. Just see Grosskreutz over Valdez this season or Schmitz and Moritz at Schalke.

For me the problem in England is not the fact that foreign players are being brought in, but rather how english players are failing to impress managers. That includes youth clubs such as Arsenal or West Ham for example.

7. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Yes, if you have 8 players educated by German club, the remaining 4 could have been either educated in German clubs, too or educated in another country.

It is even a bit more complicate, for each BL club the following rules count:
    - 2 players must have been educated by the BL club itself (club local)
    - 8 players must have been educated by a German club (German local)
    - 12 Germans must be in the rooster

Educated means, that a player must have played at least 3 years for a club in the age of 15-21.

To give some examples for the types of players (a Werder example):
    - Bargfrede, Schindler, Perthel, Borowski, Schmidt, Mielitz, Wiedwald and Hunt are some examples for Werder local players, Ayik (too, although he plays for a Turkish U-team)
    - Marin, Frings, Mertesacker, Fritz, Wiese, Oezil, Vander, Andersen F. Kroos, Ikeng, Wagner and Boenisch are German local players (because they played at least 3 years for a BL club at the age 15-21, but not Werder)
    Testroet is a special case, because he is 19 and only played 2 years for Werder, so he is already a German local and becomes next year a Werder local, too.
    - Niemeyer is a German player, but no German local, because he played at the age 15-21 more than 3 years for the Dutch club Twente Enschede.

For the BL clubs participating in Europe the UEFA youth protection rule counts, that says "Teams competing in UEFA's club competitions must include eight homegrown players in squads limited to 25 players". The UEFA homegrown player definition is the same as in the Bundesliga (German local), but no club locals exist.

8. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Haha, his post was already hilarious enough in the Wolfsburg forum. He somehow makes this even funnier by making a topic about it. :D Epic.. just absolutely epic.

I swear we need Zinaldo back & Berloha with his scouting eye, let them fuse together and we get the greatest being in the planet.

9. ★ ☆ ★

★ ☆ ★ New Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Republic of Vanuatu
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Zinaloha19 the ultimate poster... just reading a single post can make your brain explode.

10. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Right on EQ. This guy is an absolute moron.

As I said in the Wolfsburg forum, this is the DUMBEST SHIT I've ever seen at BigSoccer.

11. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sadly, no, he isn't......

12. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

What the fxck?

Mr. Sunny boy, u wont think this is a stupid idea to discuss this when there are teams like Wolfsburg n now possibly Schalke(sold Kuranyi n wanna get rid of Westermann for an Uraguan) and 1. FC Köln where they play 9 or more foreign players in their starting lineup

It shouldn't be a trend.

Whoever u are, not sure if u're aware of this but the bundesliga is now "the most foreign players welcomed" league among the top leagues in Europe. EPL have newly set a minimum number of 8 domestic players in each team n only 25 players can be registered each season. It is very close to the UEFA's rules for CL and europa league;
    the Serie A have set quota as well. no more than 2 foreign players from outside EU for each team, each season; Spainish leagues also requires at least 8 domestic players among a squad of 25.

Now, there are people like u n ★ ☆ ★ who carelessly forget how the NT suffered back in late 90s. Clubs kept bringing in cheap foreign players and German players werent able to play at all.
    Thngs have improved slightly but if no policy is implemented, we may well be another English NT which suffer from lack of quality options.

This DID happen 8-10years ago. U guys should recall how desperate the German NT were many years back n Tobias Willi/ Kai Michalke were the few German players who had regular match practice back then.

People are just forgetting what happened since we're now in a slightly better position.
    Thats way too shortsighted

So do u think Beckenbauer and co. cried for "6+5 rules" is an idiotic thing to do then? i think they wanted it for a reason. U can obviously choose not to accpet it, but the "6+5 rule" is proposed to protect domestic players' chances in the league.
    As a matter of fact, it will help the German NT a lot if similar regulations are implemented

13. TheBoss84

TheBoss84 Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Germany

FFS, head over to Transfermarkt.de and look at current transfer activities. Every team has at leas brought in 2 german players into their squad and gotten rid of foreigners. In fact, nothing happened. The fact is that our youngsters from 96 to 2000 simply werent good enough. Thus, forcing clubs to buy foreigners. I might remind you that Schalke has to play Pokal, Champions League and Bundesliga this year. They need as much depth as they can and sincerely you just cant make your whole team out of youngsters. At least not in Schalkes or Wolfsburgs position.

14. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    you hate too many imports only in germany and the bl ?? or in football in general ... i mean u seem against it for "affecting" the german NT or potentially so ..but

ur profile says a fan of chelsea ... a club far more guilty of bringing in "imports" in the past years just a different country different team .. no double standards?

15. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    No it doesnt, since i hate the English NT. I really hope the Brits are stupid enough not to realize this

16. TheNorthPitch

TheNorthPitch New Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Actually that's what I see for your post. It says your clubs are: Chelsea FC, SS Lazio Roma, Borussia Mönchengladbach. Maybe double check your profile if that's wrong.

17. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    I agree with Kirsten. All of you will feel very embarrassed over doubting him very soon.

We should have a spy-exchange then, those are always fun.

18. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Sounds like Boris and Natasha are involved.

[​IMG]

19. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    erm .... the picture never lies ... almost

[​IMG]

care to rephrase ? .. though not if it makes u embarassed ;)

20. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    No my point was, I like Chelsea n I m fine with them playing with foreign players since I think most English nt footballers are overrated anyway. N I dun care much happened to the epl n epsecially the English nt.

But I like the German nt with a passion. N I dun want 60+% of the players in the bundesliga are foreigners. This will be a repeat of what happened back in 1996-2001, or what the English clubs are currently doin'.

Good example will be schalke selling their captain, one of the few German players inthe roster to HSV, n replace him with Fucile. I see the the trend again.

21. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Many of u may disagree but I do think that Beckenbauer n Blatter want the "6+5 rule" for a reason. I know it won't happen but similar regulations should be implemented, especially in the bundesliga. As I've said, Serie a, la liga and now the premier league have limit their number of foreign players in the league ages ago. We only started in 2006. N the bundesliga is still the most " foreign players wlcomed" league among all.

Ok , people here do agree that the NT will suffer from lack of options at CF, for instance. But if u look at how clubs relying on cheap foreign strikers and u'll probably figure out why thre isn't really a good "successor " of Klose in the naional pool.

Leverkusen sold Lasogga, the top scorer of a-junior league last season to herha Berlin, n brought in Jorgenson who's almost just as unproven as a replacement. But then Lasogga scored 4 goals in the last two friendliest and showed a lot of promise;
    sukuta-pasu isn't bad but still they've chosen not to take him back after the loan spell;
    Werder Bremen's Lennart Thy wont be able to fight into the first team before as there so many expereinced, foreign strikers ahead of him; same applied to Testroet

If he trend continues, I think it will be more than LB n CF become our next problem zone. And at that time, u will understand my concern now, it may not be as funny as some of u may have thought

In bundesliga, only few German strikers have the opportunity to start and have decent amount of playing time:

Bayern: Mueller(as SS), Klose(sub), Gomez(sub)
    Leverkusen: Kiessling, Helmes(sub)
    Schalke: none since Kuranyi has left
    Nurnberg: Schieber
    Stuttgart: Cacau
    Werder Bremen: Sandro Wagner(sub??)
    Mainz: Schurrle(sub, or play out of position)
    Hoffenheim: Mlapa (sub)
    Koln: Podolski

The rest wont even consider playing with their younger talents. HSV also loaned out Beister despite playing exceptionally well for HSV II last season. He should be given playing time

Schurrle's playing time is also expected to be cut since Mainz have brought in a number of foreign strikers.

CF will be the German NT's main problem in years. Regulations or quotas on foreign players "imported" each season will definitely help

At the moment, each club is required to register 8 German players at least, but if there isn't a maximum of players registered (let's say 25) . this certainly wont help at all.

22. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Get a grip, seriously.

1) I still hope this is a parody thread.

2) But if it's not: a) the clubs don't give a shit about the NT. b) you're the only one who sees a "trend" so far. A single transfer doesn't make a trend.

3) It's 12 players, but whatever.

4) You have no clue about German football at all. What you have is a monomanic obsession with your "young talents".

5) get off that tin foil hat.

23. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Oh, another one... there was no lack of German players in the league at all duing the 90s. In fact, there were far less foreigners playing in the league then.

24. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Whatever, i dont see anything wrong for advocating a quota or regulations on foreign players in the Bundesliga.

And i absolutely understand why Der Kaiser, Blatter and co. wanted to implement such rules. Its not quite as stupid as some of u may have thought. One day when clubs follow what Wolfsburg and Schalke do, and the NT will suffer enormously

Do laugh at me, but one day, u guys will understand my concern. And i dont think i have any problem to go against the overuse of foreign players in the league. And i see it becoming more and more popular approach, like it was 13 years ago.

And u cant really know when Sukuta-Pasu, Thy, Testroet, F.Kroos, Shawn Parker and Beister will have their chances since they're not confidently used by the coaches anyway. Lasogga performed so well last season, 25 goals in 25 games for a-Junior, showed a lot of promises in his games. But the first thing Leverkusen could think of was to sell him right after and buy Jorgensson instead. Westermann was alright but sold him so that Schalke can get enough money for Fucile?

Its back to the trand that cheap, yet medicore foreign players are taking domestic players' chances. Again, lack of regulations against foreign players is the problem. Other countires have realized this ages ago.

When u guys are concerning there is no good options or new blood at LB and CF, have u guys asked "why" and realize the core reason?

Do laugh, but i seriously have my concern here. Its ok that u dont understand but if this continues, i bet i'll laugh back at u one day. Eat ur fcking words

25. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I m not as stupid as u may have thought. Show some respect. I am just seeing things that u havent been able to see quite yet.

I work as a proprietary trader after graduating in University of Southern California (USC, finance major). So, i am very aware and very sensitive to what happended, day-by-day.

Even in the football, i am having a similar attitude towards it