Is the Nintendo DS worth the price?

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Transparent_Human, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    I already have a 360, and me and my sister share a Nintendo Wii.

I play 360 pretty often, not everyday, but 5+ times a week. I play Wii less regularly, maybe twice a week or so.

But recently I've been intrigued by the DS. I haven't owned a handheld since the Gameboy Color, and I always liked the prospect of being able to sit on the porch, or on the couch watching T.V and play a game. If I do get one I'd probably go all the way and get the DSi XL. But I might go cheap and get the DS Lite.

And as for games, the brain age stuff interests me, as does a lot of the 1st party Nintendo stuff (Yes, including Pokemon Soul Silver :D, I just have such fond memories of those games)

Anyone own one can give a opinion or an honest review?

2. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i have one, and I'm not a big user of it. I got it so I could play the mario and Zelda games, both of which are excellent. I find it to be a good time killer for when I'm waiting for something (for example, getting tires a few weeks ago).
    I enjoy it, but beyond those few games i don't use it much.
    The DS is a top-seller for a reason -- it's a good machine.
    But none of that matters. What matters is how much you think you'll use it.
    It's a quality product, but only you know how much you'd play that vs. giving up 360 time.

1 person likes this.
  3. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I am an owner of 2 DS systems.I have the original first model and a DS Lite.You should get one for sure,you won't be regretting it.Big selection of games to choose from and just overall a very durable and fun handheld to have.

If you get one...these are must haves.

Super Mario 64 DS
    New Super Mario Bros
    Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
    Mario Kart

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got a DSi and to be hones it sits and collects dust. There are only a handful of games that appeal to me, like New Super Mario Bros., Scribblenauts, GTA Chinatown Wars and Rhythm Heaven. Once I finished those I've pretty much just had it sitting there.

I'd wait until E3 to see what Nintendo reveals about the new 3DS they've announced.

5. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    Well I pulled the trigger.

White Nintendo DSI and Brain Age for a total of about $160

The DSI was $40 off on Dell.com, which was the deal maker 129.99 was probably the best I would find for a while. The Free shipping helped as well. But that you to the commonwealth of Massachusetts for making $9 off the deal ;)

I'm going to pick up Pokemon Soul Silver this weekend............and stare at the box until the DS comes in the mail :D