Is the Fire Going to Give Beckham Refunds?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by karlheinz, Oct 2, 2007.

1. karlheinz

karlheinz New Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Germany
    Here's an article from today's WSJ re: Beckham's injury affecting the MLS. It mentions that some fans are demanding refunds. Are there any plans for the Fire to offer refunds to the Galaxy game? Has there been any requests for refunds?

David Beckham's Injury Hurts
    More Than Just the Soccer Star

By STEPHEN BARBARA
    October 2, 2007

Article posted without permission - you can read it in yesterday's daily news thread.

2. Krasny

Krasny Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Chicago West Side
    it's the last match of the season we would have sold out anyway

i'm well more concerned about playoff refunds

3. hendo

hendo Member

Oct 6, 2006
    Northwest Side
    The true Beckham effect: asinine articles by uninformed writers who insist on calling the league 'the MLS.'

No team in MLS is going to offer refunds, and anyone who expects one is a few cards short of a full deck, end of story.

4. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    ROFL!!
    That's rich. Refunds! LMAO.

5. Der Stich

Der Stich Member+

May 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  6. partycentral

partycentral Member

Nov 10, 2003
    Naperville
    Stupid articles like that are beneath comment.

Oops. I guess I just did.

7. Polski

Polski New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This article might've been relevant weeks ago but I'm hard pressed to see people asking for refunds as "fans" in the first place.

8. DeGregorus

DeGregorus Member

Oct 24, 1999
    Seis Esquinas
    OMG!!! Posh Spice is gonna appear on "Ugly Betty"!! I gotta
    set my [SUDDENLY DRENCHED IN COLD WATER]

I'm sorry...David Who?

9. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which game? The Galaxy game? The game where the Chicago Fire play the Los Angeles Galaxy? The game where the Chicago Fire don't play David Beckham 11 v. 1?

10. hollowfish

hollowfish Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Indiana
    Not this shit again. If they bought tickets to the game.. Tooo bad. Thats the way it works. How do you think LA fans feel. These are posers and deserve to be financially fleeced anyway

11. bassett

bassett New Member

Jan 2, 2007
    -coast-

Save American soccer? isn't it the biggest it's ever been, it's never been popluar before so how could it be saved? I don't truely think Beckham is the biggest star in MLS. He still is yet to score a goal. I'm sure he is a great player but until he shows it in MLS I'm not going to respect him as a MLS star.

12. When crap like this gets written, we need to write letters to the editor telling him to improve the knowledge of his writers or don't let them publish. This article is rubbish and WSJ deserves to get a lot of mail.

13. JBReynolds

JBReynolds Member

Aug 30, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    Anyone who really wants their money back for their Beck...er...Galaxy match tickets could probably find Blanco fans to sell them to.

14. salparadisejr

salparadisejr Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Hollywood, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure anyone that wants to unload their tix for the season finale won't have any problems finding buyers. If they are too lazy to sell them off, their problem.

That'd be ideal actually, as we'd get some Fire fans that actually want to see the team fight for the final playoff spot instead of celebrity suckoffs wanting to take photo's of Becks.

Actually, I'm going to be pissed if it's announced a sellout and we have rows of empty seats throughout the park.

15. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Caveat emptor.

As long as the ticket says "Chicago Fire vs Los Angeles Galaxy", all the fan should expect is 11 guys wearing Fire jerseys and 11 more wearing Galaxy jerseys at the start of the match.

16. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    I'd love for the Fire to give refunds, only to turn around and resell the tickets, and then Beckham is declared fit.

Then all the people who bitched will have their money back and will have to watch from their couch...in Spanish.

17. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The Beckham scored a goal.

A goal.

Once.

Anybody who asks for a refund deserves cruel mocking.

18. bassett

bassett New Member

Jan 2, 2007
    -coast-

That goal wasn't even in an MLS game

19. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread is stupid.

Why respond to an ignorant piece of $hit article?...and I say this to you honestly why...to point out the ignorant bass-turds...so I say...respond to this article...keep it brief and concise...and ask the eternal question...wtf.

:eek::mad::cool:

20. Lineman

Lineman Member

May 31, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

"You don't frighten us, EPL pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Beckham Fan," you and all your silly Beckham Sup-port-ers. I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away or I will taunt you a second time"

:D

21. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    This thread is what some people would call "flamebait". That's why.

22. Sparky98

Sparky98 Member

Jun 8, 2007
    There are always empty seats - the last couple of 'sellouts' have had empty seats. You can sell the tickets, but you can't make people come to the games.

23. Super Sting

Super Sting Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Well, Beckham would have made them come out. Since the Fire acquired Blanco, got a new owner, and a new coach, and have done a lot this season to improve the product I don't think anyone should ask for a refund.

But do you remember when the Fire were using Beckham as their primary marketing ploy? If that would of continued than everyone should get a refund for the LA game.

The LA game will possibly decide who makes the playoff LA or Chi. Hopefully, Beckham will be back to add to the excitement.

24. Lineman

Lineman Member

May 31, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    New Fire/Galaxy Match Catch Phrase: "Come for the Beckham, stay for the Blanco."

25. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    HOGWASH.
    BOULDERDASH.
    LUNACY.
    ABSURD.