Is the Brasilian league now the Worlds best?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by la saeta rubia, Dec 24, 2012.

1. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013

I observed this and I was quite pleased to see this. I personally love the Brazilian league so I'm glad home grown players are featured in the national side unlike previous all European dominated squads. However I disagree with you on the money. The best money is still in Europe, I agree the dieheards like us will watch the Braizlian league, Argentine league, even smaller European league like Ligue 1 or Eresdivsie but the casual fans will just watch Champions league, EPL, El Classico and will only know South American players through their play at Europe. I'm not downgraded the Brazilian league I love it just pointing out why I think the elite SA still have to bolt to Europe.[/quote]
    Money has always been the vice for all south American players to go to Europe. Brazilian clubs can't hold on to stars like Neymar, Lucas and Paulinho for to long. Of course they want to stay but their clubs don't pull in revenues like Real,Barcelona, Man U, Bayern etc...
    Brazil like many SA clubs have a great talent pool, which has been proven, but on marketing, administration and organization, its very poor and corrupt.
    The other reason IMO is the Brazilian calendar which is pathetically too many games. Look at Corinthians this year, they are exhausted and just accumulated an injury list as high as the Brazilian inflation rate. Corinthians under performed this year and now have to reform.
    So Europe has the advantage on money, shorter calendar and organization.

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Are you sure? Paulinho just became the latest to move overseas. That's now 15 out of the 23-man Confederations Cup squad that plays in Europe. And 7 out of the 8 Brazilian Serie "A" players on the NT squad are bench players.

3. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I quoted another poster who said that. Yes the base of the NT Is from the Brazilian league that means they gained proper form and quality in the Brazilian league before they arrived in Europe. Most of them are playing on quality clubs (Chelsea, Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern). Smaller euro clubs too.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah... well, that's true for every National Team. But in the context of this thread its irrelevant if they are not actually playing in the Brazilian league during their prime.

5. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    paulinho has been on his prime... he's not a young player. Fred is 30 played his purine years in Brazil. and a lot of up and coming players that go over to Europe at an early age drop out of the squad or lose their place to another up and coming star. Lucas for example... Bernard ate up all of his minutes.

these guys get replaced quickly, it's the beauty of having 200 million people

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Paulinho was only starting to get into his prime and he left. Bernard is a kid and I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave after AM are finished with Copa Libertadores.

Yeah, they get replaced to some extent so the tank is never empty, but it will never get full either as long as there is a huge hole on the other end where great players are lost constantly.

7. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Bernard played two games moura played two both came in as substitutes. One of the games bernard played was at his home state and the reason he was selected over lucas moura. Bernard is a good prospect and player but he is not as good as lucas moura.

[]__[]

8. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Let me correct this for you, you only heard about Paulinho because he is leaving, he has been a top DM in the Brazilian National League for a long time.

Bernard is not proven in the league also, he had 1 good year, he might have a horrible year this coming year, but he has already replaced Lucas in the National Team

If they didn't leave, it wouldn't open the door to more young players to come in. And paying huge amounts of money for 1 player when you can have 5 players and a more complete team for the same amount of money.. which makes more sense to you.

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Whatever dude. Most players' prime is 22-29 or so. Hence, Paulinho probably just entered his prime recently and will spend most of his best years in Europe.

Yes, I understand the financial logic behind it. That's not the issue. In Spain and England, for example, they are 1) able to afford to keep that 1 expensive player who is now in his prime, 2) buy top star players from other leagues and 3) keep those 5 younger players who came up through their system. Brazilian clubs can in general only do #3 (and even then, most of them leave before Paulinho did). That's why the answer to the thread title is obviously "no".

10. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

So who is replacing Neymar at Santos, I'll as you this what do you prefer to have Neymar, Oscar, Lucas, Paulinho on your team. Or sell them all and replace them with younger prospects.

[]__[]

11. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Touche, Neymar is kind of one of the irreplaceable parts, but the money he brought into Santos, they'll be able to purchase more talent for an all around better team. Although right now they are concentrating straight up on younger talent.

12. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He only "brought" 9.35 mil into Santos, allegedly. It's a joke that the club that developed him, that built his career, only got a fraction of his transfer fee.

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Nothing like sitting in mid-table to remove the awful memories of winning the Copa Libertadores...

14. criacao-de-sites

criacao-de-sites New Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    It´s best of course!

15. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    The sale of Neymar is filled with controversies and back door deals. I think Santos is banking on that sale and leaving their "partners" asking how come it was so low the amount Neymar was sold for.

Considering to begin with there are 2 friendlies between Barca and Santos to be played, both with 100% revenue going to Santos. Plus the 3 players to be named later already sold for a set amount of money to Barca which pretty much ties up money from the trade into the contract of 3 players which Santos has 100% ownership, and the fact that they declined bigger money offers for the lower Barca offer.

something is very odd with that trade.

Santos likely made a whole lot of money between Neymar and Ganso.

16. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    I was under the impression that Neymar just left the squad. If they are planning on using that money to bring in overpaid talent, why sell Neymar to begin with.
    They are purchasing younger players (lots of them) and they will eventually develop (or not) into something, either way they'll recover the value for those players and keep their cash flow going.

To teams which don't have infinite amounts of money cash flow and talent flow is very important.