Is the Brasilian league now the Worlds best?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by la saeta rubia, Dec 24, 2012.

1. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Other than Champions League and Europa the CWC is better and harder than any other european club competition.

[]__[]

2. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    If libertadores is a Mickey Mouse tournament then Concacaf must be a Minnie Mouse tournament.

3. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Bro, the CL is part of the CWC, they can't be compared to each other.

And now the E. League kinda is, in a pre-pre qualifying sense. So it also now can't be compared to the CWC. It was inferior anyway.

4. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This isn't true. There are domestic cups that are more difficult to win than the CWC, not to mention leagues. The CL winner has to win 2 matches in CWC, which is the decisive factor that makes the CWC easier.

5. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I was talking about tournaments not including the leagues. And yes the CWC is harder and a better tournament than any cup from any european country not named champions league or europa league. Not to mention more prestigious for the players and clubs.

[]__[]

6. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    The CWC is hardest. To win it, you must first qualify to the CL, which is hard. Then win the CL which is very hard. Then win 2 more games.

7. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ^

Well, it depends how you look at it. Difficulty to win for what kinda team? A team who has gained the right to participate, or the team who is just starting in a competition that (through win) makes it possible to participate in the next competition.

A team who starts CWC wins CWC easier than a team starting Copa del Rey. A team who is starting CL, needs to win it to start CWC - that's tougher than Copa del Rey. So, depends how you see it.

I - obviously - meant difficulty for a team who can participate in a competition. It's like saying Euro Super Cup is the toughest Euro competition to win, as you first gotta win CL. But if asked what is the toughest Euro competition to win, the answer would be CL.

8. rajale

rajale Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You need a checkup eye exam.

9. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Really? Compare the Concacaf champions league to the Libertadores and see which league wears lipstick and a skirt. Concacaf is just an easy way for Mexico to get into the CWC. Playing teams from Jamaica, Puerto Rico and Aruba is a lot more prestigious. I salute the Mexican teams that take the libertadores challenge.
    So on that eye exam...ill leave that for you and get an MRI while your at it.

10. Moonwalk

Moonwalk New Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Sorry you can´t take a tournament serious most european clubs would like not to play. But I really doubt that this year Bayern Munich will have any problems to win it.

11. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
    If the Europeans don't want to play it, simply don't come.

You mean to tell me the richest European clubs can organize a group meant to usurp a world football federation but they can't get out of playing two matches in December?!

The CWC will still have 5 continents so it can still claim to be a World Club Championship. If UEFA clubs declined to participate, that is their problem.

Frankly, I am not the only one getting tired of the same old bitching. It is like taking out a woman who doesn't like you. If the bitch don't want to come, simply don't come.

Next.

12. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    If they don't want to play it, then they should withdraw. But they are a part of FIFA, so they must now prove themselves intercontinentally after they win Europe. Their childish attitude doesn't diminish the event.

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You're probably right. Then again, this year's Bayern handled every other European opposition including Barcelona fairly easily. It wouldn't be embarassing if the South American representative was handled as well. Bayern beat top European clubs.

14. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The beat Arsenal on away goals, Dortmund just, and Barcelona were half injured and off form.

15. rajale

rajale Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm going to quote myself, and read it again c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y:

...and now you feel dumb.

16. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Well, I have never seen any stipulations saying participants MUST participate. And god knows I am big when it comes to that type of information.

The Europeans, along with the Argentines and Uruguayans, were the main ones responsible for the destruction of the Intercontinental Cup. Although it was a friendly, it had a very interesting format despite not being a world club tournament.

Now they want to do the same for this brand new competition that is getting a lot of interest from many around the world. They are worse than the animals in the River Plate...

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They blew their league away by 20+ points. If we are making excuses, they handled Arsenal in England and didn't put much effort in the return leg in Germany. They handled the Italian champs Juve, 4-0. Just look at their overall record for the season and they are set to possible win a treble.

Loddar repped this.
  18. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Actually, I haven't heard any European player or coach badmouth the CWC since it turned into this current format from the IC. Legends like SAF, Pep and Messi have all said they were happy to be there and motivated to win. Benitez called it massive, and rightfully so. It has a 50 year history. It's the only true world title in club sports.

Only whiny nancies and excuse-makers complain about it, but they are irrelevant.

19. NuffSaid

NuffSaid BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 14, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    NOBODY in the UK wants this da#n competition I can tell you that much for certain, I don't know for sure but I've a feeling that nobody in Europe wants it either - I'm sure that if they were given the choice Bayern Munich would happily withdraw from it!

20. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
    An Englishman (or gloryhunter) speaking for Germans, heh?

No one takes British culture seriously. They have shown to be a bunch of outdated lapdogs afraid to lose. It would defeat their entire existance.

Next.

21. NuffSaid

Jun 14, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lol you say 'nobody takes British culture seriously' in English!!! soooo funny!! :)

22. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Its the same excuses on the Confed cup and world cup when a European doesn't win it.
    Its also hilarious how a commentary from a wooden leg league becomes an ambassador for all of Europe to ho hoodwink insecurity.
    Yet even though they don't care they still buy south American players like a default commodity

23. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Well it's just your best guess or pure speculation - if not pure excuses
    Those European clubs did send their BEST squad in most games of Intercontinental-cup . Sometimes a team looks strong on paper but can be actually weak against a "stranger team" (with tactics, style). For example, France Portugal were beaten by Greece in Euro04, Italy beaten by S Korea WC02, or SPain beaten by USA in confed cup....

It's NOT like Brazil NT sent their B squad in some Copa or Confed cups. Even so they DID WANT to win them if possible

24. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Stop, there are plenty who love the competition, including your fellow Chelsea fans. Go to The Shed forum and see how many Headhunters made the trip to Japan last year, and were excited as ******** to be a part of it, and crushed as all get out when Corinthians won. Man U and 'Pool also had decent contingents traveling East.

You look foolish trying to speak for Germans, you're not their spokesperson. The World Title is more popular in non-UK Europe, so you don't know what you're talking about. You must be mad because chelsi is inferior to Corinthians.

axxess mundi repped this.
  25. NuffSaid

Jun 14, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Really? And how many Chelsea fans did make it to Japan?? I think you will find hardly any! Especially from England!! Now compare that to how many went to the Europa league final (another competition that's not considered a particular lucrative competition) or even try comparing it to how many fans turn up for preseason friendlies in the far east? Hell I don't know any fellow Chelsea fans that even bothered to watch it on the TV!