Is the 2006 Galaxy kit here yet?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Galactic_Nica, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nike did such a good job last year (after 10 years of trying) -- they simplified that sash and made the whole shirt look so much cleaner.

It's a shame that adidas, once known much more for tradition and simplicity, comes in and screws it right back up.

Meet the new boss . . .

2. mlsfan31

mlsfan31 Member

Nov 1, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think part of the problem is the Galaxy logo on the chest. In 05 I liked the way it looked. It was higher on the chest and stood out.

But the new logo is more like the o4 look.

[​IMG]

3. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talk about phoning it in. :)

4. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I couldnt get the "LA" to show up on the chest over the sash. ******** you anyways. :D

5. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HA, it's the thought and idea that counts thought.

After thnking about and seeing the jersey a bit more now, I like it a lot better than I did this time yesterday. Definately getting the long sleeved home jersey and the short sleeved away jersey.

And congrats to Stillkickin' on her Galaxy baptism. After putting on the jersey for the first time, her transformation to the good side will be soon be complete(damn, watching Star Wars and posting at the same time has a negative affect).

6. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just bitchin and bitchin, Its like being with a bunch of girls. Stop whinning!!!! It doesn't look much different than the old. What matters is we finaly have achieved continuity one uniform that identifies the club. Stop bitchin!!!!

8. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have to realize that a majority of us are very discriminatory (picky) as to what makes a Galaxy jersey worth buying, my friend.

We do appreciate your impartiality, though...:eek:

9. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    The new Los Angeles jerseys:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very well, but still at best you gotta realize the front office at best will satisfy 20 percent of the people. Everyone here just complains...in second thought you would think I would be use to it by now. My one pet peeve is that THEY ARE NOT THAT DIFFERENT!!! It's not like they are pink and blue, I like it will buy it and hopefully the matching track jacket. But my opinion is as insane as everyone else here, that's why I am here!!!!
    Go galaxy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    word!

12. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah looks like columbus that would not be good. I do like the crew jersey but with only twelve teams we should not be repeating colors yet.

13. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the shots Andy. Anyone else feelin' that away jersey? Even te home jersey looks better from those shots.

14. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what store is this, is it a store?

15. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, those photos were taken at the draft. I'm supposing that the jerseys were put on display for the attending to observe. I dont think tey're on sale until April.

16. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are those in the photos going to be the ones for sale? They don't have any stars or a scudetto. I want stars and a scudetto. I can't lie. I want it all.

I mean they look pretty. I'm really liking the stripes on the sleeves.

But I want the stars and scudetto.

17. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    No. It's a display.

18. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dig the away kit with long sleeves. Id like it better though if the stripe went through our crest instead of the right side. Our training top is pretty cool too. Has anyone seen the training top for FCD? Its sooo bad.

19. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    I am not trying to show off people but yesterday during Galaxy Deportivo; " I WON A NEW 2006 GALAXY JERSEY!!!! I picked it up yesterday and they gave me the option to choose between the Gold or White and I went with the White one. I weared it all day yesterday and MAN do people love the new design. I am just so excited:D , so please dont take it the wrong way as showing off. YEEEEAAAAAA!!!:D

20. Bill Schmidt

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One big plus is that the "bib" line is the same color as the rest of the jersey so it's not like an outline.

21. Bill Schmidt

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andy, for the picture of the home jersey with the shorts, is the light changing what the shorts look like? Does the material have a reflective quality?

22. kgzero

kgzero Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, it looks like it is made out of suede or polyester.

I didn't really like the away jersey at first, but now with these new pics posted by Andy, I am liking it! Damn. Now I don't know which one I like more. I guess I can buy both. :D

BTW, how big is the large in Adidas? How small is the small?
    I am trying to determine the sizes so that I know what sizes to order for my brothers, my girl, and for myself.

23. Bill Schmidt

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Adidas large is usually a bit bigger than a Nike large. I usually wear a large shirt but prefer a medium in Adidas jerseys.

24. Crazy Eights

Crazy Eights New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    MLS outlet has 2005 Galaxy Home Jerseys for $32.

Does anyone know were I can find a Large Nike 2005 Galaxy Away Jersey. I checked ebay... no luck.

I held out hope for a fine new 2006 Jersey to wear and represent while in Germany this summer... I shoulda just bought last season.

If the NATs play like they did against Canada, I feel I'll be wearing Galaxy Gear to more matches than US MNT Gear.

25. Rafa

Rafa New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    From last year - the black warm ups with Budweiser all over the place, the lack of the awful balloon logo in the center, and nothing but the crest on the upper left - those were very cool. They should sell those, but haven't seen anywhere???

Drink cheap American beer. Be somebody.