Is the 2006 Galaxy kit here yet?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Galactic_Nica, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Dfeated

Dfeated Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I don't think our kit looks that bad, I'd buy one. I like the scudetto patch, but it would be better if it were smaller.

2. Dfeated

Dfeated Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I don't think our kit looks that bad, I'd buy one. I like the scudetto patch, but it would be better if it were smaller.

3. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was looking forward to seeing the jersey(s) after the prototype drawings and stuff, but after a few shots at seeing the real thing, I'm a bit dissappointed. It doesn't look as good.

That MLS Cup thing is weird, but it's a small price to pay for being double winners, and everytime Ching stares at Gato's man-boobs it'll remind him who the champions are. I'd prefer the second star, but whatever.

Long-sleeved jerseys also for this season.

4. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the jerseys already come with the scudetto and I can't get it removed, I'm not gonna buy it. I'd rather have the second star on there.

If I can customize mine's to not have the scudetto, I want to purchase a longsleeved away jersey. Customized to my own taste. :eek: If they have the training one available, forget the away, I'm gonna get that kit instead.

5. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would ve quite the message to send. I can see them wondering why they've sold more training shirts than jerseys. Whether they (probably MLS people, not Galaxy) realize that's a vote for a black jersey or something a little simpler, is the 50-50 ball. :)

6. Crazy Eights

Crazy Eights New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Christ! Why can't they EVER get it right!!!!

Even though I could do with out the sash... at least Nikes last version was unique and well done... and something I think we could all at least live with.

I was all ready to pick up the 2006 Home AND Away to wear and represent while in Germany for the World Cup... now it looks as though I'll have to track down a 2005 Nike version... any suggestions for wear to pick up a Large home and away jersey? Ebay?

Or better yet... it's about time to take matters into our own hands, head to downtown LA, create a fans version and be done with these corporate A-Holes.

An underground phantom edit coming soon.

7. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    go ebay, its a plain jersey most likely but real cheap and not this years crap. Ill get a practice jersey at the end of the year sale and stick with my 05 away and 03 Home. :(

8. TicoKenitrin

TicoKenitrin New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Downey (L.A.)
    I think the problem with the jersey aside from the design are the colors I would love to see a Black dominated jersey with green as a secondary color and gold as the third color. But hey at least our color and jerseys are better than Dallas FC now thats the ugliest thing ever.

9. Bill Schmidt

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are calling it the "scudetto," so one of my guesses was right. This close-up of the real thing looks much better. I would drop the extra lines outside the sash and I'd like a better view of what the neck looks like.

10. Bill Schmidt

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the idea a lot. I think it's good to add the trophy to the scudetto so the uninitiated will know it's not a randomly added American flag like lots of teams in other sports sometimes have.

To make it sink in, imagine your L.A. Galaxy wearing the shield of the U.S. into tournaments in Central and South America this year. :)

11. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I really like the idea of the scudetto and that every team we face will have to look at it and KNOW we are the champs; not searching for that little tiny extra star (which will look great added the next year, to go along with the scudetto they'll wear again for winning in '06!).

It will be my first Galaxy jersey and I'll wear it with pride.

12. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Looking at the close-up, the crest isn't that bad, but there is way too much on the front. It would look better without the Galaxy lettering on the front. And the lines on the side of the sash got to go.

So c'mon Taco Jones...you've schooled Nike, time to show Adidas how it should be done!:D

13. Kweevo

Kweevo New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Torrance
    I guess I'm in the minority here, cuz I friggin love both of the new kits!
    That vertical sash on the away kit will take some getting used to, but its cool
    I loved the 2005 kit from Nike, but I've been hoping for the G's to switch over to Adidas uni's for years, the stripes are classic..i think Adidas makes cooler gear in general compared to Nike...
    I,m going for long sleaves though this year, how much extra is that going to cost?

14. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess Taco isn't around - so I gave it a try:

[​IMG]

And here it is with a more prominent "Los Angeles" on front:

[​IMG]

Ah, we can dream, can't we?

15. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forgot to mention - since this is my design for next year, I've kept the scudetto and added a star since we'll be winning MLS Cup this year as well.

:)

16. mlsfan31

mlsfan31 Member

Nov 1, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't like it cause it looks even worse then 2004. The 2005 jersey was fixed and it looked good but this new one looks bad. It just has a cheep look to it. Like a $10.00 copy I would get from a foreign country. I think LA is stuck on getting the Hispanic fan.

17. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Nice one...though I prefer no lettering on the front, I like the "Los Angeles", maybe just a little bit lower on the chest.

I didn't really notice until now that the chest and front area of the jersey looks like different material, or just a different color, from the rest of the shirt. I really hate that.

18. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Uh, care to tell me what the hell that has to do with the way the jersey looks?

19. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanna play, Im bored anyways.
    [​IMG]
    Yeah I know it sucks. But it was pretty bad to start with anyways.:D

20. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Because the "Scudetto" counts as a star for this year, and they'll add the second one next year. So says the press release/mlsnet article about it.

22. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Taco doesn't wake up before noon on weekends unless it's absolutely necessary.

Current kit design aside, I'm glad Adidas has taken over and is actually making so much team merchandise available for purchase, especially long sleeve kits, shorts, and training kits.

But the real thing I'm looking forward to at some point is an L.A. Galaxy Adidas track top. Green with gold trim? White with green and gold trim? Come on Adidas, make it happen. I'll be the happiest taco in the stand.

23. Sean...

Sean... Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what I wanted too. I hoped last season's track top wouldn've been up for purchase, but it wasn't. The only track top thus far that I've seen is the Dallas one, it's royal blue:

[​IMG]

I could see a white for us with a green trim.

24. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked our last year ones. Were they for sale at the end of the year clearance at the LA store?
    [​IMG]