Is the 2006 Galaxy kit here yet?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Galactic_Nica, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This game is always stupid. The designers can't leave the good designs alone, yet they don't do enough work iin getting different "templates."

2. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  3. Bill Schmidt

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! Looks like they're adding the various jerseys one by one. This away version just came up. It's the authentic one, so they'll probably have the replica soon. BTW, no stars on this version (in the model at least).

4. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Sigh...disappointing.

5. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, that looks rather bland. Better than 2003 but probably not better than this past season's.

6. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was hoping for three snaps in Z formation, but ...............hated it!

7. HeretiC

HeretiC New Member

Jan 29, 2000
    LA, CA
    I wonder what the "real" version of their training jersey is going to look like.

[​IMG]

8. Supersuperman99

Supersuperman99 New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I Thought we were gonna have a third kit I think it was supposed to be our 3rd away kit that one looked tight it was either dark green or black a la Real Madrid

9. TicoKenitrin

TicoKenitrin New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Downey (L.A.)
    The patch on the right breast is a LOGO of the championship trophy they won

10. Bill Schmidt

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figured it was something like that.

SO, we have one of the following, IMO

1) MLS has decided the reigning champion will wear an image of the MLS Cup each season, like the Italian scudetto. This would make better sense of it were a U.S. flag shield to show the team is carrying the banner of the country like the scudetto does for Italy.

2) MLS (or the Galaxy) decided teams with multiple MLS Cups will wear an outline of the cup with the number they've won in the middle. Real Madrid and AC Milan do that.

3) Just another cartoony patch.

I put the odds on #3 at 90%.

11. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what do you propose? Maybe LAG should give back the Cup so it doesn't have to wear those cartoony patches on their pristine jerseys?

On the whole, I would rather have this problem than the problem the other 11 cup-less clubs have eating our dust.

12. Bill Schmidt

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what's the difference between the authentic and replica versions?

13. Bill Schmidt

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't present a choice between problems. I propose the reflection of winning the cup be what every fan expected it to be. A second star. The jersey itself has always reflected a give-and-take between tradition and attempts at flash appeal. You could probably look at each year's version and see the transition from pure flash appeal to a mix of those elements and the more staid grown-up ones.

14. Esco

Esco New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    If that cracker jack patch stays on that jersey, I'm sticking with my old jersey. At first the paper version looked fined with me, not impressed, but suffice. But now this Power Ranger Logo appears! Why does the league always have to tamper with what works. From the origins with the backward clocks and to the hockey-like PK's and now this.

It was simple, win a championship, get a star, go home happy. Now this, let's walk around with a special patch because we are the champions. It was find the way it was don! Lets say we are at the beggining of a dynasty [even though we are one] and rack up 3 consecutive championships?

Do we keep that same patch for the next three years while D.C. United keeps their four stars thus looking like the real prized pig?

Furthermore, is there some website that I have not been informed about that actually takes fans opinions seriously. That Ivy League braniac who thought of this is not going to wear the jersey, I am, shouldn't I have some input?

15. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm quite disappointed with the uninspired design of the jersey....

But why should this year be different than any other year.

I'll just have to get used to it I guess, and home for a black 3rd kit.

Yes, I said "kit". I'm a euro-wannabe just like all the guys in SARS.

:p

16. Anteaters FC

Anteaters FC New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Santa Monica

I'll take something that recognizes our accomplishment, but I like a more subtle approach, like the Italian flag crest (they also have the target design with the Italian flag colors for the holders of the cup)...or the EPL has the golden EPL patches on the sleeves. A MLS logo with a gold design instead of the blue and green would be nice, and not over the top.

But I think the stars are the way to go. If DCU has them, I don't see why the Galaxy FO couldn't ring up Adidas and ask that our accomplishment be recognized in the same way.

17. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What have I told you, young man, about dissing soccer moms....;)

On another note, you guys really like front row?? I've always preferred to be up a little & see more of the field. Maybe I'm missing something?

18. taco jones

taco jones Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Apparently, we get this new "scuddetto" patch to signify us as the current cup holders. In 2007, we get a star and lose the patch (unless we re-peat). Personally, I wish they'd put that patch on one of the sleeves. There's way too ********ing much going on on the front of our jersey: Scuddetto Patch, G Patch + Championship Star, Adidas Logo, Sash, and massive L.A. Galaxy lettering.

I'm thinking training kit is the way to go this year.

19. LA Red

LA Red New Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it's not the soccer moms you have to worry about, it's those blue hair guys with hearing aids at the match who complain about us fans beating our thunder sticks and cheering the team too loud.

20. Esco

Esco New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I haven't even seen the training kit and I'm liking this idea already. I'm reading in between the lines

Patch one year?

Star the next?

Two jerseys x $$$ = Don Garber needs that S500 baby!

21. kgzero

kgzero Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I got the same question. So far the only thing I have noticed, is that the authenic is a slim fit. Is that it? No patch, maybe?:confused:

22. kgzero

kgzero Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Holy Crap! Note to self: Work things out or get a prenup!

23. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county

seriously, and let's not forget the back. city name, player name, player number, budweiser logo and the sleeve where we'll see at least the mls patch and that weird ass thing on the opposite sleeve. our jersey is getting very nascar.

24. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Who buys two jerseys in two years? And MLS jerseys at that? Man Utd sells more jerseys in the USA than all MLS teams combined (fact). Stop complaining over nothing.

25. Dfeated

Dfeated Member

Feb 28, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I don't think our kit looks that bad, I'd buy one. I like the scudetto patch, but it would be better if it were smaller.