Is Roy Keane a Psycho?

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by lond2345, Aug 26, 2002.

1. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Godwin's Law!! Godwin's Law!! I win!! I win!!

PS...does the question mark after "Hitler" mean you're not sure how to spell his name? I can't believe that, yet that's how people use that kind of question mark.

2. Gaspard

Gaspard New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Screw Keane, he walked out on his country during the goddamm World Cup for chrissakes, and only because he couln't come to terms with his coach. Immature prick. If everything else about Roy Keane is true, he doesn't skip the WC because of a shitty practice field,or because he wants "Irish football to join the twenty first century" it's because he's a spoiled child. And you can keep it to yourself about what century the Irish football team is in, you patronising jackass..

3. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001

LOL .You sure you're ManUre fan??
    Why ridicule one of your own players (beckham) to defend that pikey Roy keane??
    You dont see any genuine manure fans calling becks an "over-rated homo" .
    Oh hang on a second ,maybe you are manure fan because it seems you've got the mental capacity of a walnut .LOL

If keano is so hard how come he had a temper tantrum at the world cup because he had to play on a hard training pitch??
    oooh poor little roy didn;t wanna play on a hard pitch .ahhhhhh what a shame.
    Here was me thinking he would be willing to let truck run over him if he thought it would help the team..he walked out of the world cup because the pitch was abit hard .ooh what a tough nut .
    This is the man who has to have a minder when he goes to pubs because he is to scared to drink on his own .

face facts ,clown .The only person roy keane is bothered about is himself .

4. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I will "just love it" as Keggy Keegle might say when he finally loses it and just punches one of his own team-mates. It surely can't be far away after his go at Phil Neville on Saturday who looked less than impressed.

5. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    When are you intellectually stunted drop-kicks going to face up to the reality of Roy Keane, rather than just marching along to the merry tune of his Apologist Army. Even that craven shitwit Eammon Dunphy has had the amazingly good sense to keep quiet over this latest incident. Even Alex Ferguson critisised him!! They’re strapping on ice skates in hell as we speak. There’s whole squadrons of bacon hovering over London.

Read the sodding article - it’s just a stream of muddled contradictions, evasions and half-truths, mixed with paper-thin bravado and “forthrightness”. And that’s the heady mix you cretins acclaim as “brutal honesty” and the actions of a “genuine man”.

Bollocks. Roy Keane, denuded of his various mouthpieces and their exercise of “creative license” when portraying his view of the world is what you get in that article. A confused, helpless coward whose single most obvious failing is an almost total lack of moral fortitude. Are you seriously suggesting that a man who, when being confronted with his misdemeanours, offers nothing more than a “yeah, I regret it, sort of” is a man for whom “searing honesty” is a defining characteristic?? He’s such a winner, such a brave and courageous fighter … what - you mean him? That sad lump over there who would rather chew glass than face up to his blatant failings? Get away …

Read that last bit. Ignore the blatant back-tracking and evasion, the shameless lies about “playing the ball” - read the tone of it. It’s like a press release. That’s Roy Keane, back on track, his advisors around him. Where’s the fucking honesty now?

Absolute horseshit. Again.

Roy Keane is not a psycho, no, He’s a sad little coward and an unprincipled thug. Like Lee Bowyer. No better. Where were all of you when Lee Bowyer was being racked for being the rancid little shit that he is? After two years of unprecedented scrutiny of one night in his life, the guy walks free from a second trial designed to establish the extent of his involvement in the assault on Naijeeb. Rightly, we condemn just the fact that he was even there, that he had some minor part to play in that event taking place, but his ACTUAL involvement is as apocryphal a tale as the open secret that is Roy Keane‘s drunken assault of a woman in a Manchester bar.

So where is Keane a better man than Bowyer? Where does he derive his legions of puppy-dog apologists from? Why does the proven innocence of Lee Bowyer fail to protect him from the venom of his detractors when many, many amongst that group are simultaneously standing up for Roy Keane?

What does Roy Keane have to do to make you hapless mugboats wake up? Kill someone? Because the 11 sendings off don’t seem to have done it. The litany of horrendous tackles, attacks and temper tantrums don’t seem to have done it. The pitiful arrogance of his behaviour in the Far East this summer don’t seem to have done it.

The abject volatility of his existence is a joke to anyone with a brain and an ounce of common sense, yet the people who would prefer to view him as a victim rather than an unprincipled aggressor dismiss such considerations as the by-product of “being a winner”.

It’s ludicrous.

6. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    Great post. Just thought that I'd highlight that question for those who can't stop going on about how brutally honest he is.

7. Martin Henry

Martin Henry New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    Manchester
    Yes I would......

But I'm saying it now as well...

Viera shouldn't be punished for yesterday's game because he shouldn't have been sent off...

But Roy Keane clearly did so he should be punished...

AND he should be punished for his book....

But as I said earlier I'm glad he plays for us instead of some other team...

8. Martin Henry

Martin Henry New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    Manchester
    Liverpool got out of jail there......

I was on KopTalk saying that they didn't need him but you'll be amazed how many of your own fans were looking forward to him wearing a red shirt...

9. Martin Henry

Martin Henry New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    Manchester
    A City fans response.....;).....

He was kicked out of the world cup squad because Mick McCarthorse wanted to provoke a reaction...

Now if he knows Roy Keane he knew that accusing the fiercely proud Roy Keane of faking injuries was going to cause an argument of monumental proportions.....

Mick McCarthorse is an idiot and as one who saw him "play", for your team funnily enough, I can only agree with Roy's assessment that he was a cr*p player and is now a cr*p manager...

10. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    According to Matt Holland, who watched the blowup between them, Keane suggested to McCarthy that they discuss the argument (Keane's criticism of training, hotel, travel conditions for the Irsih squad) rationally in private. McCarthy decided he'd humiliate Keane in front of his team-mates and accused him of faking injury and letting the Irish team down.

It was a monumental piece of bad management - you don't humiliate a subordinate in front of his colleagues and though Keane has lots of faults there's one thing you can't accuse him of and that's lack of commitment.

McCarthy's job was to get the best out of the team not to lose the one World Class player they had in a personal spit.

11. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    Matigol said that? Where did you read that!?

12. Cokane

Cokane New Member

Apr 4, 2002
    Derry, Ireland (Resi
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Matt Clark's last post: LOL.

You see that's what is so hilariously funny about this whole thing - watching people get really rowled up over it. Geesis - get a grip man... go and have a cold shower... Its like seeing people behave like the Monty Python crew in 'Quest for the Holy Grail' - except they are serious, not taking the piss.

"We found a witch. Buuuuuuuuurrrrrrnnnnnnnn heeerrrr!!!"

superdave

What's Godwin's Law? Never heard of it mate.

13. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You really must learn to distinguish contempt from being "rowled up" (whatever that means) my little man. I mean, I know it's more comfortable to just laugh the utter disdain within which those of us with a brain hold you and your ilk, but come on. That's just sad.

14. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    PS - Godwin's Law is the one that states that the longer an Internet discussion goes on, the higher the likelihood that some poor sap will make a comparison to Hitler or the Nazis in an attempt to make his or her point. This usually happens because his or her point is

a) pissweak and
    b) attracting ridicule, scorn and laughter in equal measure from all others present.

Congratulations!

15. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I suppose i would be in that mind set too if he were a CFc player, afterall i was glad that Dennis Wise was with us.

I actually felt a brief [but i got over it real quick :)] bit of sorrow for Viera as i felt Durso completly lost the plot in the game.
    Wiltord should have gone, however having effed up so badly on the other calls he made a "non-call" to somehow try and atone for his earlier actions IMO.

16. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    AND their appeal has failed too, against Vierias card.

17. atkins71

atkins71 New Member

Aug 23, 2002
    i have a question, how the hell didnt his leg break???? is haaland immortal?

18. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Thats too bad for him.

Some players can do no right in a certain refs mind, no matter how innocent their challenge.
    Viera, and Le Saux for that matter, are no good in Dursos book.
    He has it against them..not in for them as such..that they go over the top much to often.

Ranieri knew better than to leave Le Saux on as Durso was effing up so bad he could have easily sent of Le Saux to make amends with the arsenal lot.

How he can not be investigated for that game is a disgrace.

19. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    How many people here think that if Viera committed anything resembling Keane's misdemeanors (book, tackles), how soon would the FA ban him from the game????

(I picked the Arse player since LeSauex always injures himself during his headhunting adventures ...and Wise is now plowing his trade with Division 1 clubs!?!?!?!?!)

20. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Matt, you forgot one part of Godwin's Law...that the person who invokes the name of Hitler is automatically deemed the loser in the argument.

21. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hey Sinner,

Don't act like a cry baby bitch just because I said some thing you don't like, I support a team and I have the god given right to not like a player on that team just because you are jaded England fan and I would bet you think Beckham is god right now because he got a lucky shot off to put you in the World cup finals where your team could have bored a speed freak to sleep with the quality of football they put out on the pitch, people like you make me sick your sorry ass national side hasnt been able to put out a good performance in a tournment since the 66 cup with the help of a crooked linesman they actully won something but ever since then they have choked like your mom does when shes sucking dick for pennies on the corner the only thing walnut sized is what she sucks on when shes running low on cash so why dont you take you stupid LOL's and stuff them up your ass, if I ever came across you in a match i would pull a Keane style tackle out on you that makes what he did in the Manchester Derby look like clean attempt for a 50-50 ball and by the way smart guy you were spelling Man U wrong in your whole post you dip ************ whos the one with the small mental capacity or are you just talking about others menatal capacity to make you feel better about you baby sized dick?

22. basso001

basso001 Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Bay Area, Calif.
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Heh. You forgot to mention the second part of G's Law -- that the first person to mention Hitler or the Nazis is automatically assumed to have lost the argument.

23. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    WOW…!
    Talk about sickos and they seem to slither out from under rocks..!
    It’d be interesting to see an analysis of this sorry creep.

24. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    LOL and they say manure fans are thick .
    how the hell did anyone get that idea ?

Is that the longest sentence ever?? Ever thought about using any kind of punctuation and understandable language in your posts or is that too much to ask???

btw - I was being harsh when I compared your level of intelligence to a walnut .That statement was an insult to walnut,s .lol

25. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    'No. Even in the dressing room afterwards, I had no remorse. My attitude was, ************ him. What goes around comes around. He got his just rewards. He ************ed me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye.'

“What goes around comes around. He got his just rewards.” So what exactly did Haaland do..? He wound Keene up a bit, (probably by not cowing to him on the pitch) then he evaded a deliberate leg breaking tackle in which Keene was seriously injured.
    AND THAT WAS HAALAND”S FAULT..!?
    Keene lay around brooding and planning this attack for over a year.

He waited longer than that to try and denigrate McCarthy and that backfired like the first tackle on Haaland.

He’s heading for a real blow up and a rubber room..!!!